my x series smells like soldering. this is normal?

Discus and support my x series smells like soldering. this is normal? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I bought my video game today and noticed that there is a soldering smell coming from the cooler. is this normal or should i worry? I only managed to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PauloCPC87, Nov 9, 2021.

  1. PauloCPC87
    PauloCPC87 Guest

    my x series smells like soldering. this is normal?


    I bought my video game today and noticed that there is a soldering smell coming from the cooler. is this normal or should i worry? I only managed to place it horizontally. is that why? Seriously guys, this is worrying me a lot. what should I do?

    :)
     
    PauloCPC87, Nov 9, 2021
    #1
  2. PauloCPC87 Win User

    my x series smells like soldering. this is normal?

    Ah thank you, your answer made me more reassured. I hope this is nothing at all.
  3. ImAice Win User

    my x series smells like soldering. this is normal?

    Hi! My name is Pam. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

    Oh, I had similar experience the first time I used my console but it eventually became fine. An Xbox Series X console can be placed either horizontally or vertically so there's nothing to worry. Just make sure that you place your console on a stable surface that is well-ventilated, relatively cool, and away from direct heat sources. Anyway, the console comes with a warranty as well so it's all good.
  4. vvhiskyy Win User

    this one's on topic I promise...

    is it normal for pimple cheese to smell like a mcdonalds mcdouble
  5. Keyan04 Win User

    Xbox One X Ozone Smell / Heat

    Most new electronics do this. For nerds it is like a new car smell. Since the one X has a fan that can really push some air it will blow that smell around. Usually it fades after the parts have finished oxidizing and other adhesives settle down. If it
    is running normally, not freezing, or other issues you should be fine. It also has a 1year warranty if something goes wrong.
  6. ShinyNut Win User

    Xbox series x plastic smell

    Okay that’s good to know that it’s at least normal. I owned another console that had a similar smell I guess I shouldn’t worry about it unless it’s pungent or smells like burning.
Thema:

my x series smells like soldering. this is normal?

Loading...
  1. my x series smells like soldering. this is normal? - Similar Threads - series smells soldering

  2. Beta Build Xbox Series X won't claim copy Star Wars Galactic Racer as a Disc-to-Digital game.

    in XboX Insiders
    Beta Build Xbox Series X won't claim copy Star Wars Galactic Racer as a Disc-to-Digital game.: I just got a PHYSICAL copy of Star Wars Galactic Racer and claimed the Disc-to-Digital license on my Beta Build Xbox Series X, but it seems to not claim it. Am I doing something wrong, or am I...
  3. Help with achievements on Xbox Series S

    in XboX Insiders
    Help with achievements on Xbox Series S: Is anyone else having trouble unlocking achievements for games they've purchased? Because mine aren't unlocking; I don't know if it's a Microsoft issue or a problem with the game itself....
  4. Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me: Hello, I'm having a problem with the Mythic achievement. I'm an Insider Beta member, and my Mythic achievement is stuck at 48/50, while the normal achievement is at 50/50. I've tried restarting...
  5. Halo servers not working on Xbox series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Halo servers not working on Xbox series X: Has anybody had a problem for those that play a game like Halo 5: Guardians, where every time I boot up the game it freezes on the part where it shows the 343 Industries logo, then it would fully...
  6. Xbox series x plastic smell

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x plastic smell: I have had my console for about a month give or take a few days and I was wondering is a plastic smell normal. It is slightly there when the console is cooled down but is barely noticeable but...
  7. Series X made loud pop/crackling sound and filled my entire room with a burning plastic smell

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X made loud pop/crackling sound and filled my entire room with a burning plastic smell: the xbox still works and nothing changed on the screen when it happened but i’ve kept it off and unplugged just in case. I just got this on christmas so i don’t know why it’s having serious...
  8. My series x usb ports smell of burning if I plug in my ssd or anything else usb

    in XBoX on Consoles
    My series x usb ports smell of burning if I plug in my ssd or anything else usb: The trouble only started this morning Thursday 2nd November I have owned my console from new for a couple of years now and never had a problem before today everything else works fine I just can’t...
  9. New xbox series x burning plastic smell

    in XBoX on Consoles
    New xbox series x burning plastic smell: Only playing 1080p game for about an hour and it is almost too hot to touch the side of the xbox series x console. It is on a shelf with plenty of ventilation. The top of the console where the...
  10. Anybody else getting a smell of electrical fire and their console Xbox series x since the...

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Anybody else getting a smell of electrical fire and their console Xbox series x since the...: Since the latest console update my console smells like burning plastic mixed with an electrical fire with the added bonus of a hair dryer smell. It's messed me up I've been having medical issues...