My (wired) Xbox controllers continuously disconnect.

Discus and support My (wired) Xbox controllers continuously disconnect. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox and controllers and xbox are all up to date. I've replaced the batteries, plugged the controllers into the console and removed the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LSSuzannah, Dec 1, 2022.

1. LSSuzannah
    LSSuzannah Guest

My Xbox and controllers and xbox are all up to date.

I've replaced the batteries, plugged the controllers into the console and removed the batteries... They still continuously disconnect.

Is there some reset I should do on my console? As it's clearly the console that has the issue here.

:)

LSSuzannah, Dec 1, 2022
  2. Dérek Augusto Win User

Agreed, I'll be waiting for your report.

Another question, are you part of the Insider program?
  3. LSSuzannah Win User

Hey Derek,

Apologies for the delay in response.

Had not been playing as much so hadn't had the issue pop to do the reset.

Was back on yesterday and it was doing it again, so did the reset, and so far so good! Time will tell....

I don't believe I'm part of the insider program.. as I'd probably know what it was, but could be.

Why? Should I be?
  4. Dérek Augusto Win User

Hello!

My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

LSSuzannah, do you have more than 1 controller or just 1?

If you have more than 1 control, do all the others have the same error?

From the console, what you can do would be this here

Press the Xbox button to open the dashboard.

Select System > Settings > System > Console Information

Select Reset Console.

Restore and keep my games and apps.

Rest assured, you won't miss games or saves

When asking to pull settings from an old xbox, put no

You will have to log in your accounts again, that's all

I remain at your disposal if you have any further questions.
  5. LSSuzannah Win User

Thanks Derek,

I have 2 controllers, both disconnect repeatedly.

They don't show any sign of disconnecting when the error pops up. The light is still on. I've had to remove and replace the battery then turn the controller back on for the console to recognize it's there again. Even when I have the battery out entirely and plug the controller into the side USB port it still disconnects repeatedly.

I tried plugging the controller into one of the rear USB ports last night, and it stopped disconnecting for the remainder of my session, though this could also have been due to my frustrated restart of the console. The problem is intermittent.

I'll try resetting the console as per your instructions this weekend, and will follow up if the problem persists. Fingers crossed!

Thanks
    Suzannah
  6. mlong000 Win User

Wi-fi and controller disconnecting constantly

Update: Still no resolution. Spent 2 hours on the phone with MS support, no success. Disabled wireless networking on the Xbox to play offline, controller continues to disconnect. Picked up a brand new Gamestop Wired Controller, same issue persists. I'm almost
    positive it's a hardware failure with the console at this point. Controller will maintain connection for MAYBE an hour at random.
Thema:

1. My (wired) Xbox controllers continuously disconnect. - Similar Threads - wired controllers continuously

2. My wired Xbox controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    My wired Xbox controller: Hey I bought a wired Xbox controller in December and it won’t work on my Xbox one till this day * Moved from Community Center 08594fb2-87f5-4e39-a978-c09a25b66842
  3. My wired controller won't turn on. on my xbox but work on my brother xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    My wired controller won't turn on. on my xbox but work on my brother xbox: My wired controller won't turn on. on my xbox but work on my brother xbox e667e29d-baa6-4e38-b72a-77fe31dd074f
  4. My Xbox Controller won't appear in the bluethooth tab, but it will connect via wire.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Controller won't appear in the bluethooth tab, but it will connect via wire.: I've been trying to connect my Xbox controller to my pc via bluethooth but it won't appear in the bluethooth area, I tried updating the drivers, updating the controller through the Xbox...
  5. My wired Xbox 360 controller isn't recognized by Windows anymore.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My wired Xbox 360 controller isn't recognized by Windows anymore.: I have a wired Xbox 360 controller and Windows 11. When I plug in the controller it says "USB device not recognized. The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows...
  6. Xbox controller when wired to PC stops responding every time when put at certain angles

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller when wired to PC stops responding every time when put at certain angles: I plug in my Xbox wireless controller to PC for gaming. Whenever I put it down or it reaches at a level angle, it immediately stops responding (all buttons stop working but the light is on). The...
  7. Controller not vibrating via wire

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller not vibrating via wire: My bluetooth device on my PC is broken so I chose to connect the controller via wire. However neither of my Xbox Elite nor Xbox Wireless are able to vibrate with the wire. I checked Xbox...
  8. Why do I lose Atmos surround sound when I plug a headset into my wired controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I lose Atmos surround sound when I plug a headset into my wired controller?: The moment I plug my headset in to my Razer Wolverine V2 controller the sound mode on my XBOX changes the audio output to stereo uncompressed. The sound output cannot be changed back to any type...
  9. Why does my elite controller series two disconnect when wire isn’t plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my elite controller series two disconnect when wire isn’t plugged in: My elite series two controller keeps on disconnecting when the wire isn’t connected, I’ll be using it then suddenly I can’t move in my game or scroll on YouTube I look down and see the light...
  10. Wired Headset makes Controller disconnect

in XboX Insiders
    Wired Headset makes Controller disconnect: I have an issue that when my wored headset is connect to my Xbox One controller, I have audio issues and my controller will desync. The audio is almost always spotty but the controller will...