My wired gagabit internet is only downloading at 100mbps via ethernet

Discus and support My wired gagabit internet is only downloading at 100mbps via ethernet in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey friends, The title says it all. Why can't i get the wired eithernet connection on my xbox to download faster that 100-200mbps? The same cable... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by roarryanroar, Oct 19, 2017.

1. roarryanroar
    roarryanroar Guest

Hey friends,

The title says it all. Why can't i get the wired eithernet connection on my xbox to download faster that 100-200mbps? The same cable show 950mbps via speedtest and other microsoft servers.

Ryan

:)

roarryanroar, Oct 19, 2017
  2. Another problem connecting to Live

My Xbox is part of our wired network. 100Mbps switch connected to a 100Mbps ethernet port on the router.

Since I posted yesterday everything has gone back to normal. The only things I did was to wait overnight & clear my cache.

EveryonesHero31, Oct 19, 2017
  3. How i solve this [Help apreciated please]

FYI: Your actual internet connection isn't 100mbps. That's just what your computer will say when connected via wired connection. If your router (or modem) only has a single ethernet port, then I definitely recommend getting any wireless router. They'll have
    multiple ethernet ports + wireless connectivity. For a list of Xbox Live compatible hardware, look here:

support.xbox.com/.../network-hardware-compatible-xbox-live

Mad Cow Dizease, Oct 19, 2017
  4. EveryonesHero31 Win User

Another problem connecting to Live

My Xbox is part of our wired network. 100Mbps switch connected to a 100Mbps ethernet port on the router.

Since I posted yesterday everything has gone back to normal. The only things I did was to wait overnight & clear my cache.
  5. Awalk-206D5E38-C534- Win User

slow downloading of the digital copy

It's taking forever for everyone, I run 89-100mbps download speed with wired Internet and I'm getting 1% every 25 minutes, started 3 hours ago and only at 29%...
  6. Orunj Win User

Xbox 1 download speeds are a joke.

I would recommend having a wired connection if possible. What type of internet speeds are you suppose to get? I pay my internet provider for 110Mbps download. On my Xbox ONE I get roughly 105Mbps download wired and wiresless I get about 100Mbps. The Xbox
    ONE is capable of higher speeds. Are you wireless or wired?
  7. Mad Cow Dizease Win User

How i solve this [Help apreciated please]

FYI: Your actual internet connection isn't 100mbps. That's just what your computer will say when connected via wired connection. If your router (or modem) only has a single ethernet port, then I definitely recommend getting any wireless router. They'll have
    multiple ethernet ports + wireless connectivity. For a list of Xbox Live compatible hardware, look here:

support.xbox.com/.../network-hardware-compatible-xbox-live
  8. Vid33nyc1 Win User

Google fiber xbox one x slow download speeds

This sounds like an issue with the setup used to connect.

Are you connecting the Xbox via WiFi? If so, make sure your Router supports 5G wifi and you are actually connecting to the 5G wifi not the 2.4Ghz one. Usually you will find WiFi networks like MYWIFINETWORK and MYWIFINETWORK_PLUS or MYWIFINETWORK_5G. You
    should connect to the "PLUS" or "5G" ones, because old 2.4GHz WiFi only supports up to 100Mbps.

If you are connecting over ethernet it can be a similar issue. You need a quality ethernet cable that supports the latests standard and velocity (I think it was called E.5 or something among those lines). Otherwise you will have a 100Mbps bottleneck.

Hope that helps!
    I have my pc,xbox one x,ps4 pro and shield to pro hooked to the D-Link TL-SG105 switch.All wired with Cat6 cables.Google router/modem only has 1 ethernet port.
Thema:

1. My wired gagabit internet is only downloading at 100mbps via ethernet - Similar Threads - wired gagabit internet

2. so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around...

in XBoX on Consoles
    so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around...: so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around LT and RT instead of one of my joysticks f4b7a134-1bf5-46de-a074-9f4c339e40f9
  3. Xbox Insider Release Notes - Xbox App [2404.1001.21.0] - Xbox Wire

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Insider Release Notes - Xbox App [2404.1001.21.0] - Xbox Wire: [IMG] submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  4. Xbox Insider Release Notes - Xbox App [2404.1001.17.0] - Xbox Wire

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Insider Release Notes - Xbox App [2404.1001.17.0] - Xbox Wire: [IMG] submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  5. THRONE AND LIBERTY Closed Beta Now LIVE! - Xbox Wire

in XboX Insiders
    THRONE AND LIBERTY Closed Beta Now LIVE! - Xbox Wire: [IMG] submitted by /u/wynnXIP [link] [comments]
  6. Xbox Insider Release Notes - Xbox App [2404.1001.12.0] - Xbox Wire

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Insider Release Notes - Xbox App [2404.1001.12.0] - Xbox Wire: [IMG] submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  7. How to make Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 to work with wired headsets on BT? Even possible?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to make Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 to work with wired headsets on BT? Even possible?: Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 doesn't seem to work with wired headphones when on BT. Works fine when on USB.. how to make it work? I bought 2 of these expecting to use them with...
  8. Bought Xbox wired headset and the headphones part of it works perfectly but the mic doesn’t

in XboX Insiders
    Bought Xbox wired headset and the headphones part of it works perfectly but the mic doesn’t: So I bought the mic and have the newest Xbox. When I first got the headset it worked perfectly but then I took a break from Xbox and when I came back, the headphones still worked but the mic...
  9. I am unable to switch my Xbox Series X from IPv4 to IPv6 while using my college's wired...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am unable to switch my Xbox Series X from IPv4 to IPv6 while using my college's wired...: Before my spring break, my connection worked beautifully with little to no issues in my college dorm room. When I took my Xbox X back home for spring break it worked there to with little to no...
  10. My ds4 does not work with bluetooth, but works wired...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My ds4 does not work with bluetooth, but works wired...: idk how this happened. it just happened out of nowhere. i have to use ds4windows to make it work wirelessly. 8fc8429a-e1fd-418e-81f8-ec25088ac1d3