My wired gagabit internet is only downloading at 100mbps via ethernet

Discus and support My wired gagabit internet is only downloading at 100mbps via ethernet in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey friends, The title says it all. Why can't i get the wired eithernet connection on my xbox to download faster that 100-200mbps? The same cable... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by roarryanroar, Oct 19, 2017.

1. roarryanroar
    roarryanroar Guest

Hey friends,

The title says it all. Why can't i get the wired eithernet connection on my xbox to download faster that 100-200mbps? The same cable show 950mbps via speedtest and other microsoft servers.

Ryan

:)

roarryanroar, Oct 19, 2017
  2. Another problem connecting to Live

My Xbox is part of our wired network. 100Mbps switch connected to a 100Mbps ethernet port on the router.

Since I posted yesterday everything has gone back to normal. The only things I did was to wait overnight & clear my cache.

EveryonesHero31, Oct 19, 2017
  3. How i solve this [Help apreciated please]

FYI: Your actual internet connection isn't 100mbps. That's just what your computer will say when connected via wired connection. If your router (or modem) only has a single ethernet port, then I definitely recommend getting any wireless router. They'll have
    multiple ethernet ports + wireless connectivity. For a list of Xbox Live compatible hardware, look here:

support.xbox.com/.../network-hardware-compatible-xbox-live

Mad Cow Dizease, Oct 19, 2017
  4. EveryonesHero31 Win User

Another problem connecting to Live

My Xbox is part of our wired network. 100Mbps switch connected to a 100Mbps ethernet port on the router.

Since I posted yesterday everything has gone back to normal. The only things I did was to wait overnight & clear my cache.
  5. Awalk-206D5E38-C534- Win User

slow downloading of the digital copy

It's taking forever for everyone, I run 89-100mbps download speed with wired Internet and I'm getting 1% every 25 minutes, started 3 hours ago and only at 29%...
  6. Orunj Win User

Xbox 1 download speeds are a joke.

I would recommend having a wired connection if possible. What type of internet speeds are you suppose to get? I pay my internet provider for 110Mbps download. On my Xbox ONE I get roughly 105Mbps download wired and wiresless I get about 100Mbps. The Xbox
    ONE is capable of higher speeds. Are you wireless or wired?
  7. Mad Cow Dizease Win User

How i solve this [Help apreciated please]

FYI: Your actual internet connection isn't 100mbps. That's just what your computer will say when connected via wired connection. If your router (or modem) only has a single ethernet port, then I definitely recommend getting any wireless router. They'll have
    multiple ethernet ports + wireless connectivity. For a list of Xbox Live compatible hardware, look here:

support.xbox.com/.../network-hardware-compatible-xbox-live
  8. Vid33nyc1 Win User

Google fiber xbox one x slow download speeds

This sounds like an issue with the setup used to connect.

Are you connecting the Xbox via WiFi? If so, make sure your Router supports 5G wifi and you are actually connecting to the 5G wifi not the 2.4Ghz one. Usually you will find WiFi networks like MYWIFINETWORK and MYWIFINETWORK_PLUS or MYWIFINETWORK_5G. You
    should connect to the "PLUS" or "5G" ones, because old 2.4GHz WiFi only supports up to 100Mbps.

If you are connecting over ethernet it can be a similar issue. You need a quality ethernet cable that supports the latests standard and velocity (I think it was called E.5 or something among those lines). Otherwise you will have a 100Mbps bottleneck.

Hope that helps!
    I have my pc,xbox one x,ps4 pro and shield to pro hooked to the D-Link TL-SG105 switch.All wired with Cat6 cables.Google router/modem only has 1 ethernet port.
Thema:

1. My wired gagabit internet is only downloading at 100mbps via ethernet - Similar Threads - wired gagabit internet

2. Networking Issues- Hotspot works, home internet wire/wireless does not

in XBoX on Consoles
    Networking Issues- Hotspot works, home internet wire/wireless does not: My series x has worked fine for a while. In the past week it shut down and would not connect to the internet. When using my phones hotspot it works alright, however when using wired/wireless it...
  3. Wired controllers not working on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Wired controllers not working on PC: Hi I've got a problem with my controllers, basically, some are working on my PC are other arent, which is weird. I have a wired controller (the cable is attached to the controller it doesnt come...
  4. Xbox wired controller not working for PC cloud gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wired controller not working for PC cloud gaming: Whenever I attempt to use my wired controller with my PC for Co-op cloud gaming it states the controller is not connected, we have tried inviting each other and other ways around it both...
  5. How to Get Microsoft Edge-Xcloud to detect my Wired controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to Get Microsoft Edge-Xcloud to detect my Wired controller: I'm trying to play Xcloud through the edge browser, but it won't detect my Wired controller (Razer Wolverine Ultimate). It works on both Google Chrome and the PC Xbox app, but not edge. I...
  6. How do I fix my wired Xbox stereo headset on Xbox one s

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix my wired Xbox stereo headset on Xbox one s: My Xbox stereo headset (wired) will not allow me to hear game and party chat for my Xbox. Please help soon, my thanks, Andrew d9a4049e-d82e-4cf8-a2b7-80994e3c9da6
  7. Hi my wired xbox controller keeps randomly disconnecting and reconnecting after a short...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi my wired xbox controller keeps randomly disconnecting and reconnecting after a short...: About a week ago the issue has started to be apparent and has been persistent even after switching from a powera fusion controller to a turtle beach recon controller it has done the randomly...
  8. I have a wired Xbox one controller and somehow the right analog stick broke last night.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a wired Xbox one controller and somehow the right analog stick broke last night.: When I'm on the controller configuration or whatever it is in the setting it's not reading the input when I move the analog stick to the left, so again, right analog stick not reading the left...
  9. Updated to Windows 11 and Xbox Controller No Longer Connects (wired or bluetooth)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Updated to Windows 11 and Xbox Controller No Longer Connects (wired or bluetooth): I recently updated to Windows 11 which proved to be a buggy mess. After spending a few days fixing my external monitor (which many have posted about on these forums), I realized that my Xbox...
  10. My wired xbox controller is not working properly

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My wired xbox controller is not working properly: I have a wired xbox controller from power a and when trying to use it on my android device an s22 ultra the LT & RT reads as right analog stick while right analog stick reads as LT & RT it works...