My WIN10 will no longer install or update any games or apps through the microsoft store

Discus and support My WIN10 will no longer install or update any games or apps through the microsoft store in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I first ran into this issue attempting to install a game on my win10 pc (that it up to date) The game ques like it is going to update, then shows that... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by AmazingApril77, Sep 3, 2022.

1. My WIN10 will no longer install or update any games or apps through the microsoft store

I first ran into this issue attempting to install a game on my win10 pc (that it up to date)

The game ques like it is going to update, then shows that it is finished immediately but isn't actually installed. Im now unable to update the xbox app or the microsoft store - preventing me from running many of my apps. I've contacted help before but the only solution was to uninstall, and reinstall, which I've now done three times with zero success.

:)

AmazingApril77, Sep 3, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

My WIN10 will no longer install or update any games or apps through the microsoft store

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this AMAZINGAPRIL77

Just to confirm, this happening with every game or app that you try to install. Right?
    If yes, are you receiving an error code? Please tell me what error code you receive (or attach an screenshot, don't forget to hide any personal information)
    And besides reinstalling the game, did you tried something else or that's all?
    In that way I can advise you different things or how to proceed
  3. besamung Win User

About Xbox one S control

Hello,

You need windows 10 anniversary update to flash the newest controller update through accessory app(win10 store) to solve this. worked for me.
  4. mqny172 lol Win User

Minecraft will not update to 1.19.2

how do i fix this on PC my microsoft store will not let me update any apps or install any more apps?
  5. Georges C. Win User

Game pass game not using right GPU

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Paul0665, i saw in your description that you have the win10 pro 21H1, go to the optional updates and updates and install the latest updates for 21H2.

After you restart your PC, make sure you have all the Xbox Apps updated in the store and the Companion App installed, as it works in conjunction with the Xbox App.
  6. XBF Diego M Win User

Games not found and unplayable

Hi Fabio,

Thank you for coming to the forums today. I'd be happy tp help.

Have you checked your game library and in the Microsoft Store to see what it says? If you see that it needs to install then you will need to install it since it may have gotten un-installed when you re-installed Windows last night.

Check for any game or Xbox app updates by checking the update option in the Microsoft Store:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026259/microsoft-store-check-updates-for-apps-and-games
Thema:

1. My WIN10 will no longer install or update any games or apps through the microsoft store - Similar Threads - WIN10 longer install

2. Xbox app (win10) 0x80073CF9

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app (win10) 0x80073CF9: when i try to install a game (fh4) the install fails and gives me the 0x80073CF9 error i have tried everything on google ran multiple PowerShell scripts and reset xbox app countless times. please...
  3. Razer Atrox connecting to Win10, but Game Pass won't recognize it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Razer Atrox connecting to Win10, but Game Pass won't recognize it: Razer Atrox being recognized by Windows and shows as Xbox Gaming Device in device manager. Was working with no issues for years up through the other day, can navigate menus outside the game app...
  4. Why does my Minecraft (Win10) have no sound?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Minecraft (Win10) have no sound?: After updating the game Minecraft a few days ago on my WIndows 10 PC, I found that the game will not play music or sound when it should. I have already tried restarting the game several times,...
  5. 老游戏在Win10下运行时,DirectDraw和Direct3D兼容性设置问题

in XBoX Games and Apps
    老游戏在Win10下运行时,DirectDraw和Direct3D兼容性设置问题: 去年3月之前,我通过在下列注册表地址中添 键值的方式,在程序以兼容性模式运行时将DirectDraw 速关闭,从而成功运行了老游戏《红色警戒2》,且此设置完全不影响其他需要DirectDraw 速游戏的正常运行。而如果开启DirectDraw 速时,红警2可以运行,也有正常的声音,但屏幕为完全黑屏,仅能凭声音和记忆进行一些简单的交互,例如退出游戏。...
  6. Xbox Game Bar, Audio crackling when using party chat. first Win10, now also in win11

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar, Audio crackling when using party chat. first Win10, now also in win11: Hi. Ive got an Astro Mixamp pro connected to my my Xbox and extract the sound via HDMI-extractor to be able to use the partychat in Windows 11 Xbox Game bar. If I dont join a party and only...
  7. Wireless Xbox 360 controller no longer connects to Win10

in XBoX on Windows
    Wireless Xbox 360 controller no longer connects to Win10: A few months back I used my Zettaguard wireless receiver and connected my wireless Xbox 360 controller to my PC perfectly. I played my Steam games with it and it worked fine. I recently updated my...
  8. XBox Wireless Controller no longer connects to Win10 after firmware update

in XBoX on Windows
    XBox Wireless Controller no longer connects to Win10 after firmware update: I updated both of my xbox wireless controllers to firmware version 4.8.1923.0 and since then neither of them can connect to my windows 10 PC anymore. Is there any way to troubleshoot and/or fix...
  9. XB1-stream-to-Win10 no longer work, keeping asking me to sign in my XB1 with same account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XB1-stream-to-Win10 no longer work, keeping asking me to sign in my XB1 with same account: It worked before, I could play my XB1 remotely from my Windows 10 PC. About 1 or 2 weeks ago I tried to play again but it no longer work. When choosing the stream option in the Win10 Xbox App, it...
  10. Can no longer cast to from Win10 after last preview.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can no longer cast to from Win10 after last preview.: Wondering if anyone else is having a problem with this kind of a problem. This is my first time posting on these forums and am not sure this is the best place to post it. Any suggestions would be...