My WiFi extender wont connect to my Xbox even though it works fine on my other devices

Discus and support My WiFi extender wont connect to my Xbox even though it works fine on my other devices in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have this bad AT&T router that doesn't cover my huge house so I decided to get a NETGEAR EX5000. I plugged it in upstairs which is where I have my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Suredo2, Jul 30, 2022.

1. Suredo2
    Suredo2 Guest

My WiFi extender wont connect to my Xbox even though it works fine on my other devices

I have this bad AT&T router that doesn't cover my huge house so I decided to get a NETGEAR EX5000. I plugged it in upstairs which is where I have my set up and I began to set it up. I got it to finally work with 2G and 5G on my other devices and when I try it on my Xbox it says “DNS cant be found” or “IP cant be found” I tried putting it downstairs close to the router and it still says the same thing. I am not a good person with tech and if you could please explain it in like a way for a dumb person it would help since i’m not good with this stuff so

:)

Suredo2, Jul 30, 2022
  2. NerdHolly Win User

3. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, Suredo2. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

First, please try to disable band steering on your router and change your wireless connection bandwidth to something close to 40Mhz - 40-50Mhz is ideal. While there is no official statement about this, I've seen a couple of users that got their Xbox connection issue solved only by performing these steps.

If the issue persists, also try to disable the 2.4Ghz network on your router settings and let only the 5Ghz network active.

If the issue persists, please go to Settings > Network settings > Advanced settings > DNS settings > Select manual. It will ask you to manually fill your primary and secundary DNS IP. Try with these two combinations:

Primary: 1.1.1.1 / Secundary: 1.0.0.1

Primary: 8.8.8.8 / Secundary: 8.8.4.4

Please let me know how it goes and feel free to ask back any questions.
  4. Suredo2 Win User

Thank you but how would I disable and change that? Currently I do not know the information for the AT&T account but I can try and get it but would that be how I would do it, on the website?
  5. Lucas Lauer Win User

I'm sorry, only AT&T could help you accessing your router settings, since it changes from router to router.

But anyway, I'm really glad you figured this out and it is working now! If you need any further assistance, please let me know.
  6. Suredo2 Win User

Nevermind 😮‍💨I managed to fix it by going into admin controls, thanks for helping.
Thema:

1. My WiFi extender wont connect to my Xbox even though it works fine on my other devices - Similar Threads - WiFi extender wont

2. Wifi will not connect I have tried everything. Just an error comes up. It's not the wifi...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wifi will not connect I have tried everything. Just an error comes up. It's not the wifi...: My wifi is not working on my 360. Everything else works just not my Xbox, I've tried everything it still doesn't work c03a0dd0-c5ba-40e3-b044-808a69628479
  3. so I moved to a hotel recently and I tried to connect the wifi to my xbox but each time I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    so I moved to a hotel recently and I tried to connect the wifi to my xbox but each time I...: just a white screen each time 6ab90404-d3b6-476c-a2ae-940c9e82331f
  4. Xbox 360 wifi connection problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wifi connection problem: I'm not ale to connect to wireless wifi with my Xbox 360 and I keep getting a error when I try and it says failed then two blocks 698b7610-5b9d-4c61-838e-251c0fd1a866
  5. I am unable to load into Fortnite yet have full connectivity from Wifi.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am unable to load into Fortnite yet have full connectivity from Wifi.: I have been trying to load into fortnite for over an hour. I appear to be having an issie with my wifi yet my xbox states all tests are able to be passed, connection tests, internet speed tests,...
  6. My Xbox Series S knocks my internet/WiFi out.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series S knocks my internet/WiFi out.: Hi all. I’ve noticed for a while - but never really put it together - every time i play my Xbox, it kicks all my other devices offline. Any suggestions? 58d1736d-a60d-418d-92bc-bf81d1bcea34
  7. Is there a driver to pc for a "Xbox 360 WIFI Wireless Network Adapter" ? so that i use it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a driver to pc for a "Xbox 360 WIFI Wireless Network Adapter" ? so that i use it...: Is there a driver to pc for a "Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adapter" ? so that i use it on my computer so i put in my pc the xbox 360 wifi adapter, and it show up under my device manager, but The...
  8. What kind of wifi extender do I need for my Xbox 360

in XBoX on Windows
    What kind of wifi extender do I need for my Xbox 360: What kind of wifi extender do I need for my Xbox 360? d5f635a5-91cc-4e73-878b-389df4175534
  9. Will a Wifi extender with an ethernet cord hooked up from it to my xbox improve my internet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will a Wifi extender with an ethernet cord hooked up from it to my xbox improve my internet?: I run ≈60% wireless strength, 5G, ≈1% packet loss, a latency of ≈39, and I play on a Series X (dont have the right TV/Monitor to run high frames and 4k stuff but I dont think that effects...
  10. Xbox 360 not connecting to xbox live via ethernet cable and wifi extender

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 not connecting to xbox live via ethernet cable and wifi extender: My xbox 360 is unable to connect to the internet when I plugged an ethernet cord from it into the TP-Link RE220 wifi extender. Any solutions? [img] 6064f194-0718-4ab3-be45-d2ecd51efcf9