my wifi connection is getting disconnected since installing an external hard drive

Discus and support my wifi connection is getting disconnected since installing an external hard drive in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an Xbox One and just purchased a Toshiba 1TB external hard drive. It connects ok and initially everything seems ok but the wifi connection... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by stuartfullbrook, Jan 2, 2020.

1. my wifi connection is getting disconnected since installing an external hard drive

I have an Xbox One and just purchased a Toshiba 1TB external hard drive. It connects ok and initially everything seems ok but the wifi connection randomly gets disconnected and the only solution ive found is to unplug the hard drive . Help

:)

stuartfullbrook, Jan 2, 2020
  2. stuartfullbrook Win User

my wifi connection is getting disconnected since installing an external hard drive

First be sure that the hard drive you are using is a USB 3.0 and xbox compatible hard drive, most times like this when using an incompatible hard drive the hard drive may work but can interfere with the other functions of the xbox
    hi there. Yes it is both USB 3.0 and xbox compatible as far as i'm aware as my other son has an identicle one but the only difference is he uses a signal booster with is classed as wired rather than wireless
  3. i R Mr PuPPy v2 Win User

First be sure that the hard drive you are using is a USB 3.0 and xbox compatible hard drive, most times like this when using an incompatible hard drive the hard drive may work but can interfere with the other functions of the xbox
  4. GavinTheKidd Win User

5. stuartfullbrook Win User

i rebooted the xbox earlier and it seemed fine. we didn't however try power cycling which i believe is different i guess
  6. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Help,my Xbox has turned on me

If you have an external hard drive connected via USB disconnected and it performs a power cycle, check for the same error without connecting the external hard drive
Thema:

1. my wifi connection is getting disconnected since installing an external hard drive - Similar Threads - wifi connection getting

2. My Xbox series S works fine on hotspot but when I connect to wifi it doesn’t connect

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series S works fine on hotspot but when I connect to wifi it doesn’t connect: I can watch YouTube but can’t load any games it just says I’m offline, I have tried Power cycling, unplugging Xbox and router and restarting I’ve soft reset and cleared alternative MAC address,...
  3. How can I fix my Xbox always disconnecting from the wifi and getting it to connect

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I fix my Xbox always disconnecting from the wifi and getting it to connect: Whenever I try to connect to my Wifi for the first time in a day It is always disconnected from my Xbox and when I try to connect again, it just says "Can't connect. Check your network name and...
  4. How do I connect Xbox 360 to my phone and get wifi w

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I connect Xbox 360 to my phone and get wifi w: So not to long at all I tried to get my phone to connect to the Xbox and it didn't pop up and I was trying to get wifi on it 23dc8c08-dae0-49fe-b0ab-102b01ccdaf5
  5. Xbox series x won't connect to wifi, keeps saying wrong password but I checked. Did I get a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x won't connect to wifi, keeps saying wrong password but I checked. Did I get a...: Did I get a faulty xbox series x or is there a way to fix this? I checked my password (which I know by heart) and everything is correct but still won't connect. 3d9d7cbb-9a70-4a02-b046-77d80add8db0
  6. For everyone saying that I need to update. I get this code. I can't connect to WiFi either.

in XboX Insiders
    For everyone saying that I need to update. I get this code. I can't connect to WiFi either.: [IMG] submitted by /u/O_G_P_I_N_K_ [link] [comments]
  7. AG10: , i try to connect my XBOX one by WIFI & get this ERROR:

in XboX Networking Hardware
    AG10: , i try to connect my XBOX one by WIFI & get this ERROR:: AG10: , i try to connect my XBOX one by WIFI & get this ERROR: Hi, You can try by going here and try these steps:...
  8. Xbox 360 connect to Network but can't get onto internet using Telstra Nighthawk MI WiFi Router

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Xbox 360 connect to Network but can't get onto internet using Telstra Nighthawk MI WiFi Router: Xbox 360 connect to Network but can't get onto internet using Telstra Nighthawk MI WiFi Router Hi Guys, I've followed all support steps from 1 through to 9 with no success. I have just purchased...
  9. Cannot get my xbox one s to connect to wifi anymore?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot get my xbox one s to connect to wifi anymore?: Unable to connect to wifi. I was able to connect when I purchased new xbox one s, now I'm unable. I've tried the unplug bit to no avail. I'm not very familiar with router settings, as very...
  10. How can you get online if you need to use a link to connect to the free wifi services

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can you get online if you need to use a link to connect to the free wifi services: how can you connect to Xbox live if the free wifi needs you to connect to a web browser before it allows you to connect to its services? 694e396c-ef49-4d15-a7a7-23bdace4f7ae