My voice in Xbox game bar is crackling

Discus and support My voice in Xbox game bar is crackling in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; For about a week now, my voice in Xbox game bar voice chat has been very crackly. My friends can't hear what I'm saying. I've reset the app,... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by HollowedCrow, Oct 17, 2022.

1. HollowedCrow
    HollowedCrow Guest

For about a week now, my voice in Xbox game bar voice chat has been very crackly. My friends can't hear what I'm saying. I've reset the app, reinstalled it, troubleshot my microphone in windows. All my settings in game bar are correct. Any fixes would be appreciated.

:)

HollowedCrow, Oct 17, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this HOLLOWEDCROW

Please try and double check the next:
    "Format" for your Microphone in the sound settings for your input device

Go to Windows Settings > Navigate to Bluetooth & devices
    Select Devices > Scroll down to Related settings and select Sound
    Select your audio input device under Input.

In the next menu, you should see Format under Input settings. Select an audio format that's no higher than 48000 Hz (DVD Quality)
    Try joining a party in the Game Bar or the Xbox app to verify whether or not the changes solved the issue. If that doesn't work, try adjusting the audio format by repeating the steps above to verify if any other format works.

If the issue persists, please try and double check the next:

Open Xbox Game Bar > Go to Audio widget > Select the Voice
    Change Windows default input to the headset or microphone you'd like to use.
    Change Default communications input and output to the headset or microphone you'd like to use.

Scroll down to More Settings > Xbox Party Chat
    Change Audio output and input to the headset or microphone you'd like to use.

Verify that push to talk is not enabled

Finally open the Xbox app

Click your profile icon at the top right corner of the page
    Select Settings > Audio
    Set your default Input device and output device to the headset or microphone you'd like to use.
    Verify that push to talk is not enabled again

Please also double check if you have audio enhancements enabled, if yes disable it.

You can follow this quick tutorial:

https://www.intowindows.com/turn-on-or-off-audi...

** This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
  3. Zero Divided Win User

NetFlix - Using Voice Support

Do voice commands work in Crackle?
  4. U Go 6 FT BeLOW Win User

Polk Audio 4 Shot Headset Review

No problem...I would like to add that the voice over works on cod ghosts so it looks like it maybe from game to game depending...i'm currently in the process of going through multiplayer games. Forza's audio is still glitching and crackling...this is either
    the game or the system because it crackles and cuts out playing on my new headset and my older 5.1 surround setup.
  5. Radiant Sword X Win User

I was banned from voice chat?

This is not about the forums. It's the voice chat. When I tried to join voice chat in Game Bar, it closes. When I tried to join voice chat from my Xbox App mobile, it reveals an error.
  6. MaeMagz Win User

No Game Audio through Headset/Earphones After Controller Update

Try opening your Xbox menu by pressing the home button on your controller, then clicking "audio". There should be a volume bar for game vs voice chat below the regular audio bar. Moving this bar to the right makes the game louder and voice chat quieter,
    moving it to the left makes voice chat louder and the game quieter. Hope this helps!
Thema:

1. My voice in Xbox game bar is crackling - Similar Threads - voice game bar

2. Why my game still shows voice chat restrictions but I haven't said anything bad

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why my game still shows voice chat restrictions but I haven't said anything bad: I don't really understand why it's still doing it. 9c098a46-b81d-4583-8c63-99ceac2718cc
  3. Game Bar not recording clips with MY voice

in XboX Insiders
    Game Bar not recording clips with MY voice: I have the setting enabled to record voice, I have privacy permissions set to allow my mic to be detected. I have all microphone devices disabled except my actual microphone and have it selected...
  4. How to fix voice messages not working on Xbox app and Game Bar?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to fix voice messages not working on Xbox app and Game Bar?: Whenever my cousin sends me a voice message from his Xbox One, I get notified of it in both the Xbox App and Game Bar. Both recognise it as a voice message but neither allow me to play it. In the...
  5. my voice chat isnt working in any games and ive set all the settings to public, what should...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my voice chat isnt working in any games and ive set all the settings to public, what should...: my voice chat isnt working in any games and ive set all the settings to public, what should i do? 370a1b5b-f8b7-4a82-85b4-9b70f152e643
  6. When I record a long video, some game character voices do not appear

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When I record a long video, some game character voices do not appear: When I record a long video, some game character voices do not appear da092520-5419-4151-987a-6f3951ad28db
  7. Game Chat Voices not Picking Up on Stream?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Chat Voices not Picking Up on Stream?: I have a problem when I stream and I’m playing with randoms in game chat (NOT party chat) and the stream just straight up doesn’t capture the in game voices. The game sound is fine, im fine, my...
  8. Xbox Game Bar Voice Chat Issues

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox Game Bar Voice Chat Issues: On PC as of a week ago, party chat only works if I have it open. When it’s closed, I can hear my friends, but they can’t hear me. I have found a temporary solution by disabling the xbox app’s...
  9. Xbox Game Bar stops recieving my voice when I click away from Overlay

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Bar stops recieving my voice when I click away from Overlay: For the past few days I've been having this problem with my game bar. I will hit Win+G to open game bar and join my friends party. As soon as I join (while the Gamebar Overlay is still on screen)...
  10. Xbox Game Bar Won't let me switch Voice Output.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Game Bar Won't let me switch Voice Output.: Hello Gamers, Whenever I try to switch the voice output in my Xbox game bar, It will automatically switch it back to the default output on its own. Therefore I cannot change it to my desired...