My under age child has an adult account

Discus and support My under age child has an adult account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi. We are having huge problems with my 14 year old son who has become addicted to using his Xbox. He is refusing to go to school and locks himself in... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by martinbritton, Feb 1, 2021.

1. My under age child has an adult account

Hi.

We are having huge problems with my 14 year old son who has become addicted to using his Xbox. He is refusing to go to school and locks himself in his room all day/night in order to play. Unfortunately, when he got the Xbox 2 years ago, without our knowledge, he made an illegal adult account. We now desperately want to using the child/family feature on our account to limit his use. Can his account be changed as it was made illegally?

:)

martinbritton, Feb 1, 2021
  2. ✨Jamie✨ Win User

Hey, Martin yeah, you should be able to change it. Sign in to your Xbox. Press the Xbox button to open the guide. Then go to System > Settings > Account > Family. Select "Manage family members" and then find your kid's name and select "Access to content," then select the age limit you feel is appropriate for your child. If you need more information just reply to this post and I will help you more. Have a lovely day!
  3. VisageOfAnAngel Win User

{Xbox One] How to change a child account to adult

Child accounts are "Child Accounts" because they are under the age of majority in the country you live in. It goes off the birthday listed on the Microsoft account when the tag is created. If the child is under the age of majority you cannot just turn
    it into an adult account.
  4. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Parent account

Changing the age under your profile data cannot change your xbox account from child to adult. If you have registered an account under 18+ of age in xbox live service that is a child account
  5. Dadwhite Win User

My account

Sorry but your account designation as a child or adult is not based on privileges it's based on your legal age for being an adult in the country you reside. If your over the age of 18 and your account is a child account in under a family account it will
    never be consider an adult until it is removed from the family
  6. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Problems with my profile.

Changing your birthdate under your MS profile can't change your account from child to adult. If you have registered an xbox account under 18+ of age it will remain a child account until the proper age is reached
Thema:

1. My under age child has an adult account - Similar Threads - under age child

2. Ages of Empires 4 crashes 2-3 seconds after launch, on any computer under my xbox account....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ages of Empires 4 crashes 2-3 seconds after launch, on any computer under my xbox account....: If I login with my xbox account on any PC, cant launch Age of empires 4. The problem is somewhere in my account profile for this specific game. I have spoke with Age of Empires support but they...
  3. How to change the status for a under aged xbox account to purchase items ( a subscription...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to change the status for a under aged xbox account to purchase items ( a subscription...: I am a member of a microsoft family account which is controller by my father. I have a xbox account which contains a functioning credit card and also 10€ of funding but cannot purchase a...
  4. How do I get my Xbox Ambassador back from being banned by a under age kid who thought a...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I get my Xbox Ambassador back from being banned by a under age kid who thought a...: It was a few years ago or longer when Xbox Ambassador became a thing online it showed up on my Xbox. I sign up cuz I was the age and had the gamer points to sigh up, I got accepted and I only had...
  5. Fortnite thinks I'm under age and nothing is working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fortnite thinks I'm under age and nothing is working: How do I completely remove parental controls... I am able to drink and drive but need parental consent to add a friend on fortnite. What is going on here! ac641e23-0859-4035-a1f5-adc179ba7e33
  6. Under Age Xbox Ambassador

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Under Age Xbox Ambassador: I have discovered an account, [mod removed] that is an xbox ambassador however he is not 18. He is actually 11 I looked at the application requirements and know that you have to be 18 I'm not too...
  7. How to change a microsoft account age under 18 for Minecraft

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to change a microsoft account age under 18 for Minecraft: [img] Hello unsers, I want to play Minecraft and through the microsoft migration with a microsoft conto which has an age of 15 which is under 18 I only can play the singleplayer mode in...
  8. I am in minecraft beta program, but I can't acess Insider because I'm under age.

in XboX Insiders
    I am in minecraft beta program, but I can't acess Insider because I'm under age.: The game has lots of bugs (closing every now and then, baby animals don't have heads, some items disapear and all horses are gone), so I decided to leave beta program. The problem is, the game has...
  9. One or More users are under the age requirement, or restricted from My Career

in XBoX Games and Apps
    One or More users are under the age requirement, or restricted from My Career: I cant get into my carrer games everything time i click on my career it says one or more users are under the age requirement, or restricted from My Career, can yall help me fix this. I want to get...
  10. MY CARRER SAYS UNDER AGE, AND WHEN I TRY TO CONNECT ONLINE I CAN'T

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MY CARRER SAYS UNDER AGE, AND WHEN I TRY TO CONNECT ONLINE I CAN'T: I have been playing Mycareer with no problems got up to overall 84 until a couple of days ago my mycareer says my account is underaged or I haven't created it, also when I try to connect online...