My TUF A17 laptop has a flickering display, any chance this is a hardware issue?

Discus and support My TUF A17 laptop has a flickering display, any chance this is a hardware issue? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My TUF A17 laptop has a flickering display, I read that it could be a driver issue so I tried using an older driver and that didn't fix it. I even... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Viduran, Mar 23, 2023.

1. Viduran
    Viduran Guest

My TUF A17 laptop has a flickering display, any chance this is a hardware issue?

My TUF A17 laptop has a flickering display, I read that it could be a driver issue so I tried using an older driver and that didn't fix it. I even factory reset the pc after not being able to find another solution, but soon after, the issue is back again. Any chance this is a hardware issue? The laptop is just over 6 months old and I'm getting quite frustrated with the flickering display.

:)

Viduran, Mar 23, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Viduran, here in this community the procedures are more focused on gameplay issues on Xbox consoles and PC, as this is a question about something to your monitor, try to contact the manufacturer, they usually have procedures to find out where the problem might be, and if it is a hardware problem send your equipment for warranty.
  3. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Screen flickering

Hi Juan420! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Have you tried changing the screen resolution?

If your screen has flickering you could try uninstalling the drivers and install those back

If this doesn't resolve the situation contact the laptop manufacturer ad could be a hardware issue
  4. Alasdair McDougall Win User

Refresh rate is locked on 120Hz in Warzone, MW2 and Forza 5. Why is it not changing? VRR is enabled and adaptive sync is ON

I've tried the power cycle and it hasn't worked. Ive also reset the monitor multiple times. Still stuck at 120Hz in warzone, MW2 and Forza. Like I said, it's weird because it flickers a bit in menus and loading screens but as soon as its in game, it's locked ! It was working completely fine and suddenly it stopped. My friend also has the same issue on a Tuf Gaming Monitor.
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

System memory requirments

OK, that's hard drive space not memory

FA6051h is the model you have?

https://www.asus.com/us/laptops/for-gaming/tuf-gaming/asus-tuf-gaming-a15/techspec/
  6. bowski477 Win User

Xbox one X issue

Thema:

1. My TUF A17 laptop has a flickering display, any chance this is a hardware issue? - Similar Threads - TUF A17 laptop

2. Why does VNAV not work on the Beechcraft Kingair 350i? I am flying on an ASUS TUF GAMING F17

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does VNAV not work on the Beechcraft Kingair 350i? I am flying on an ASUS TUF GAMING F17: The VNAV button registers as being on or off but has no functionality. 4421daae-25a9-4122-a3f0-bfc33a07caec
  3. I am wondering if a asus tuf VG249Q1R can handle a 2.1 hdmi cable to run at 120fps at 1080...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am wondering if a asus tuf VG249Q1R can handle a 2.1 hdmi cable to run at 120fps at 1080...: What cable would I need on Xbox series x to work with the asus tuf VG249Q1R to run on 120fps or is a hdmi 2.1cable fine? 585b3545-5015-4242-a2ee-eb2845719f23
  4. Typical Asus TUF F15 wifi disappearing issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Typical Asus TUF F15 wifi disappearing issue: Hi I have ASUS TUF F15 Laptop while gaming wifi disappears please help me in resolving this issue. eb74a8c4-2e9e-4e2f-b81a-c7d33902ae87
  5. I am thinking of buying ASUS TUF GAMING 27" VG27VH1B for Xbox series s will it get 120 hz

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am thinking of buying ASUS TUF GAMING 27" VG27VH1B for Xbox series s will it get 120 hz: I am thinking of buying ASUS TUF GAMING 27" VG27VH1B for Xbox series s will it get 120 hz 0eeef575-629e-463e-bead-25af64475631
  6. Inconsistent Dedicated GPU usage, causing stuttering and low FPS on ASUS TUF F15

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Inconsistent Dedicated GPU usage, causing stuttering and low FPS on ASUS TUF F15: Hi, I have a problem with Windows 11, where all my games are stuttering and freezing, causing low FPS. This is mainly caused by the inconsistent Gpu usage, where it goes from high to low I...
  7. Best settings/setup for ASUS TUF VG27A monitor with Xbox Series S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Best settings/setup for ASUS TUF VG27A monitor with Xbox Series S?: I am looking for advice for the best way to calibrate or setup my Asus VG27A 1440p monitor with my Xbox series S. I’ve noticed with some games the graphics will appear a little fuzzy. I’ve also...
  8. Asus TUF Gaming F15 internet problem

in XBoX on Windows
    Asus TUF Gaming F15 internet problem: The problem is in speed of wifi, it's full new, i just opened it and tried to play in CS:GO and ping minimum 400, but on my phone and old laptop internet speed is normal and ping 30-40. What can...
  9. can you activate the 120fps with the monitor asus tuf vg249q 144hz in xbox series s?

in XboX Insiders
    can you activate the 120fps with the monitor asus tuf vg249q 144hz in xbox series s?: Hello, I need help with this monitor, yesterday I bought the monitor asus tuf vg249q to be able to use the 120fps mode in my games but I don't know if it is compatible with the xbox or not, please...
  10. Is the Asus TUF VG2791R compatible with 1920x1080p @ 120Hz for Xbox Series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is the Asus TUF VG2791R compatible with 1920x1080p @ 120Hz for Xbox Series S: So recently i was considering switching from a PC to an Xbox Series S to play online with my friends but i discovered that some monitors aren't compatible with 120Hz on the Xbox, Seeing as i have...