My storage is showing as significantly less

Discus and support My storage is showing as significantly less in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; When I got this Xbox one elite console 6 years ago, it had a terabyte of storage on it's internal hard drive and it has been holding a terabyte of... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by jishbone michiggles, Jun 30, 2022.

1. My storage is showing as significantly less

When I got this Xbox one elite console 6 years ago, it had a terabyte of storage on it's internal hard drive and it has been holding a terabyte of storage until about 3 days ago and now it only says that it only holds 365 gigabytes of storage which is an absurd amount to just disappear, I am not sure if it is because it is old or what. I have tried shrinking games, apps and clearing local Xbox 360 storage but nothing has fixed it, what should I do?

:)

jishbone michiggles, Jun 30, 2022
  2. jishbone michiggles Win User

Thank you again for responding, I look all over the outside and all I found was the Serial number and a barcode, I also tried the link that you put there and it did show the Xbox, but it did not show how much storage it is supposed to have, I'm not sure if there is any way that I can check through the serial number, but everywhere I looked I couldn't find a place to search that up. When I looked at the link it showed the Xbox as "Xbox one" but didn't say "Xbox one elite" I'm not sure if that is because the elite consoles were discontinued or what.
  3. jishbone michiggles Win User

Hi, thank you so much for responding. I did both of the methods that you described and I still am only coming up with 365 Gigabytes of storage.
  4. RainingRoses Win User

Hi,

If you have 365GB of available storage on your Xbox One with no games or apps installed, it would be the 500GB model as around 30 percent is allocated to the OS and software updates - this is with most electrical devices like smartphones and PC (the percentage reserved varies and depends on the device though, and it’s set by the manufacturer). There shouldn’t be anything else as to the reason why there’s ‘lost storage’, and a factory reset would’ve cleared everything anyway. So the available storage space your console recognises is correct and the system is working as intended.

If you go to Settings > System > Storage devices, both the total space available and the consumed space with the exact percentage would be displayed (for example, the internal storage on my Xbox One is currently at 94.6% - 10.5GB free of 364GB). More info here:

Manage storage on your Xbox console | Xbox Support

If you require more storage, especially considering games like FH5 and Halo Infinite need at least 150GB with all the regular updates, I’d recommend purchasing an external drive if possible. An SSD would be the more ideal option in terms of overall performance, but an external hard drive works well too. Refer to this guide for the requirements:

Troubleshoot external storage detection on Xbox | Xbox Support

Also, when purchasing or installing a game remotely from the Microsoft Store on another device, it would confirm how much space you have available on that specific console.

Remotely install and manage games | Xbox Support

The Cloud Storage section in the following guide is interesting:

Xbox services overview | Microsoft Docs

Hope this helps.
  5. Lucas Lauer Win User

That's really odd, my friend. Is your console really 1TB or 500GB? Can you just double check to be sure?
  6. Lucas Lauer Win User

Since we cannot look into the console system because we are actually trying to rule out that it is not showing a smaller amount, I would recommend you to try to look on the console box/case if you still have it or on the receipt for the console. It should show you the exact internal storage.

You can also look into your Microsoft account devices at:

https://account.microsoft.com/devices

I'm not sure if it will show you the console internal storage capacity, but find your console on your devices list and click on "See details".

If you cannot figure this out, please let me know.
Thema:

1. My storage is showing as significantly less - Similar Threads - storage showing significantly

2. I have Xbox 360 S with Kinect special edition with 250gb storage.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have Xbox 360 S with Kinect special edition with 250gb storage.: Some days back my console run a E68 error and I found out that my hdd is dead I have one simple question Can i use my usb drive as my primary storage without the internal hdd( will it work as...
  3. Xbox one S digital external storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one S digital external storage: If I add an external storage to my Xbox one s all digital console, will I have to transfer games back and forth to be able to use them? Or does it work together, variations playing off of the...
  4. Game data deleted on internal storage after installing an external harddrive.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game data deleted on internal storage after installing an external harddrive.: Game data deleted on internal storage of my Xbox X for only one game (Dead Space) after installing a external harddrive. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, still nothing. HELP!...
  5. Why is it not an option to move captires from xbox network to internal storage?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is it not an option to move captires from xbox network to internal storage?: As the subject states, since they're going to be deleting captures, I want them on something where they're not going tk be deleted at the mad whims of microsoft. I want my captures on my xbox...
  6. If I put my physical game data into a external storage and plug it into my series s could i...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I put my physical game data into a external storage and plug it into my series s could i...: So I have an Xbox one s and I feel it’s time to finally upgrade to a new gen console. being the Xbox one s has a disk drive I have a bunch of game disks of games I play. Now I have an external...
  7. My Xbox One S is showing 365 GB of storage even with a 1TB SSD drive installed.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One S is showing 365 GB of storage even with a 1TB SSD drive installed.: Hi, I recently upgraded my Xbox One S to a 1TB SSD, specifically a one made by Kingston, due to the old HDD dying on me all of a sudden. After formating the new drive to NTFS as instructed on the...
  8. Is it possible to make the hidden storage show? That way I can know how much of it is left.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to make the hidden storage show? That way I can know how much of it is left.: For instance it adds up to the original storage, showing the total amount. 131c8835-bd64-4e03-a943-ff38be7cca49
  9. Hey people my sandisk Usb thumb drive is not showing up in the storage devices section, thanks

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hey people my sandisk Usb thumb drive is not showing up in the storage devices section, thanks: I was trying to use my SanDisk USB thumb drive to record gameplay footage and it is not showing up in the storage devices section (it flashes up for half a second but it disappears) so it is only...
  10. Game pass games gone but storage space still shows as used

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game pass games gone but storage space still shows as used: I started up xbox seris x last night. It had been several months since I last logged on. I was immediately prompted to update. After update only purchased and download games showed. Buy storage...