My storage hasn't freed up but I deleted games from xbox app

Discus and support My storage hasn't freed up but I deleted games from xbox app in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Even though I erased my games from my pc from the XBOX app the storage wasn't freed up if I calculated correctly my games are almost 300gb and other... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Yahya Yılmaz1, Jan 28, 2023.

1. My storage hasn't freed up but I deleted games from xbox app

Even though I erased my games from my pc from the XBOX app the storage wasn't freed up if I calculated correctly my games are almost 300gb and other apps shouldn't take up 100 gb of storage as I checked from the computer and apps. I have checked the "Windowsapps" file and the appdata>local one but it didn't helped at all. I checked their properties it wasn't the one I have been looking can anyone help?

:)

Yahya Yılmaz1, Jan 28, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Yahya, try running cleanup in windows and then follow the procedures below.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/dis...

Using System File Checker in Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/usi...

CHKDSK

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server...

1 - Type cmd (Command Prompt) in the search bar of the Start menu and then click Run as administrator.

2 - Enter chkdsk /f/x/r/v

The system will ask you if you want to run CHKDSK after restarting the system, press Y on your keyboard and then type "Exit" and restart the computer, it will scan in DOS mode.
  3. TheHorns_ Win User

Problem with 360 and Prime (error mp1032)

The problem kept cropping up every time that we used the Prime app. We could watch a show, but once the Xbox was shut down and restarted, the error would crop up. Each time, we had to delete the Prime app and reinstall. It's fixed now. I'm not certain what
    fixed it, but last reinstall of the Amazon Prime app, I did two things different. First, I deleted the app through the system controls. Navigate to system settings and then to memory. When you parse through the programs, you'll have the option to delete. You'll
    notice three files. Delete all of them. One possibility is that one of these files was not being deleted and the bug resurfaced because of it.

The other more probable reason that things are better is that I noticed that free storage was limited on the console. I freed up storage space by deleting another unused program and the problem has not resurfaced at all. Perhaps freeing up some space if
    your console is cluttered will help?

I wish I could be more helpful. Fortunately, uninstall/reinstall did eventually work out. It failed three times, but everything's been just fine SINCE I decided to also free up some extra storage space. Good luck! I hope you get a definitive answer from
    Microsoft at some point. Searching the web hasn't helped at all, and it's not from failing to look. I wore the net out looking for an answer. There isn't one out there.

One problem is that you're stuck in a support hole. Amazon has poor support in the first place and no online help for the Xbox. And from Microsoft's side, they aren't about to prioritize troubleshooting Amazon's app...
  4. Smwutches Win User

MS Account Questions

There's no way for you to completely remove a gamertag from the system yourself. Removing it from a Microsoft account or deleting the Microsoft account, does not delete the Xbox account. If the gamertag was freed up in one of the previous mass gamertag releases
    or the person who owns the account doesn't sign in for 5 years (starting 2016) the tag will be freed up for use.
  5. Sparty Up MSU Win User

A&E app missing

I, too, am having this problem. A week+ ago, I was stream shows through this app and then it froze up on me. I re-booted xbox and the app was gone??? I tried all the suggested sollutions (deleting cache, deleting the app from my storage device, etc.)
    and nothing worked. I miss my A&E app! Please help.
  6. ChristopherMcGee1 Win User

Deleting Xbox Games Pass Games. "You don't currently have permission to access this folder"

Thanks for the lead but even uninstalling directly from the start menu did not remove the game files and hasn't freed any space on my ssd, I gave it a few minutes and then rebooted the system and still the files remain.
Thema:

1. My storage hasn't freed up but I deleted games from xbox app - Similar Threads - storage hasn't freed

2. Where is my storage

in XBoX on Windows
    Where is my storage: So I have 364GB to use on my console and my games and apps only combine to around 330GB but my xbox says I’ve used 99.9% of my storage, how does that make any sense?...
  3. I have Xbox 360 S with Kinect special edition with 250gb storage.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have Xbox 360 S with Kinect special edition with 250gb storage.: Some days back my console run a E68 error and I found out that my hdd is dead I have one simple question Can i use my usb drive as my primary storage without the internal hdd( will it work as...
  4. Xbox one S digital external storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one S digital external storage: If I add an external storage to my Xbox one s all digital console, will I have to transfer games back and forth to be able to use them? Or does it work together, variations playing off of the...
  5. Game data deleted on internal storage after installing an external harddrive.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game data deleted on internal storage after installing an external harddrive.: Game data deleted on internal storage of my Xbox X for only one game (Dead Space) after installing a external harddrive. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, still nothing. HELP!...
  6. Why is it not an option to move captires from xbox network to internal storage?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is it not an option to move captires from xbox network to internal storage?: As the subject states, since they're going to be deleting captures, I want them on something where they're not going tk be deleted at the mad whims of microsoft. I want my captures on my xbox...
  7. If I put my physical game data into a external storage and plug it into my series s could i...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I put my physical game data into a external storage and plug it into my series s could i...: So I have an Xbox one s and I feel it’s time to finally upgrade to a new gen console. being the Xbox one s has a disk drive I have a bunch of game disks of games I play. Now I have an external...
  8. Does the seagate storage expansion card improve textures/graphics for xbox series s games...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the seagate storage expansion card improve textures/graphics for xbox series s games...: Hi there, I'm wondering if the seagate storage expansion card improves textures/graphics for xbox series s games like Tekken 8? Or just for storage? a1ccb64c-11d6-4e0f-a50a-da7f08448f8a
  9. xbox x help storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox x help storage: ok i have transferred x/s games to a ssd for storage instead of deleting from my Xbox and then unplugged the ssd but the games are still on my home screen i have tried completely shut down the...
  10. Storage

in XBoX on Windows
    Storage: Longstory short I got 11 games but I’m at 98.6%. Can someone plz help me out because I’m fairly confused why I have so much storage when I only have 11 game which some of them aren’t even working...