My son's microsoft account has been hacked while playing xbox live

Discus and support My son's microsoft account has been hacked while playing xbox live in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My son's microsoft account has been hacked while playing on xbox live, they have changed the sign in email and security information, including the... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Raechel., Nov 9, 2022.

1. Raechel.
    Raechel. Guest

My son's microsoft account has been hacked while playing on xbox live, they have changed the sign in email and security information, including the recovery email. How do we get it reset back to its original details? We have been trying to contact a real person with no luck for the past 3 days. the bots don't understand what we need and keep asking us to sign in! Obviously we can't, its so frustrating!

:)

Raechel., Nov 9, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this RAECHEL

Sorry to hear that your son’s account has been compromised, you can try to recover it following steps here:

https://support.microsoft.com/account-billing/h...

Please note that here in the forums no one can assist you with this process / tell you the specific-new email / modify or share account details due to privacy and security policies
  3. XBF Eladio M Win User

My son's account has been hacked...

Hey Geneviève

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums. We understand that you are currently unable to recover your sons account.

Normally we would encourage you to follow the
    Compromised Account Solution
    wizard, however, considering the gravity of the situation and how far along this has gotten I would instead recommend that you Contact

Xbox Customer Support
    as they will be better equipped to help you in this situation.

Its worth noting that if you can fill out the
    Account Self Recovery
    request form, prior to reaching out to support, might give you an edge here.

You can follow these steps to get ahold of an agent:

• Step 1: Scroll down, and select Support at the bottom left hand side under
      Xbox.
    • Step 2: At the bottom of the page, click on
      Contact Us
    • Step 3 : Select Xbox One then See other options
    • Step 4 : Select your Issue –
      How to protect your account
      • Select - Show contact options
      • Select –
        Request a call from Support

I hope this was of some help to you.
  4. kyle_m4496 Win User

My sons account has been hacked

Hi RobBell6. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

When an account gets hacked, you must act fast to increase your chances of recovering it. Since the account's email has been changed, I'm afraid it will no longer be possible to recover the account. I apologise for any inconvenience caused by this.

For future reference, here are some tips to keep your account safe and secure: https://support.microsoft.com/account-billing/628538c2-7006-33bb-5ef4-c917657362b9
  5. kyle_m4496 Win User

> Why are Microsoft unable to send recovery details to the email address associated with the account?

Because that email address is no longer associated with the account.

> Also if it can’t be recovered how do I cancel the Xbox Live subscription

Microsoft can only assist with billing queries if you have access to the account. You'll need to contact your bank or financial institution to cancel the charges. If you pay with card I'd suggest cancelling the card too.

Please reach back if you have further questions.
  6. RobBell6 Win User

Why are Microsoft unable to send recovery details to the email address associated with the account?

Also if it can’t be recovered how do I cancel the Xbox Live subscription because I can’t cancel it via the Xbox or accessing the account
Thema:

1. My son's microsoft account has been hacked while playing xbox live - Similar Threads - son's microsoft account

2. How do I transfer from my Microsoft account to my son's?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I transfer from my Microsoft account to my son's?: I added my son's gift card to my Microsoft account for the Xbox. It is not letting me transfer to his account, can anyone help me on how to do this please? 19670d29-854f-4ef9-8be4-14327a41525b
  3. can i move a minecraft account from my microsoft account to my sons ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    can i move a minecraft account from my microsoft account to my sons ?: After getting a new Pc i no longer can log in to my minecraft account. I used my microsoft account with my sons minecraft account. Now i no longer have acces to my old email and cant log in on my...
  4. Can I transfer vbucks from my Microsoft account to my sons Epic account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I transfer vbucks from my Microsoft account to my sons Epic account?: I was trying to redeem my sons Fortnite V-bucks card he bought and somehow it got loaded onto my Microsoft account instead of his Epic Account, eventhough I was on the Epic website. Is there a way...
  5. Hello is my son's xbox account linked to a Microsoft account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hello is my son's xbox account linked to a Microsoft account?: My son has accidentally logged out of his account and doesn't remember the login and has been wondering if his xbox account is linked to a Microsoft account. Since we forgot the email I'm not sure...
  6. How to transfer my sons xbox account to his own microsoft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to transfer my sons xbox account to his own microsoft account: My sons xbox account is under my microsoft account, as it was setup when he was young. He now wants to transfer this to his own account. I cannot believe the lack of foresight that nobody at...
  7. My Son's Microsoft account was stolen through a Minecraft scam I have all records. They...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Son's Microsoft account was stolen through a Minecraft scam I have all records. They...: My son fell for a minecraft scam allowing a hacked access to his microsoft account. They are still linked to my family account. I have all the emails about the activity on the account. This...
  8. My son uses his Microsoft account for Xbox/ Minecraft. He accidentally created a second...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My son uses his Microsoft account for Xbox/ Minecraft. He accidentally created a second...: He can’t access his original account with previous purchases. Everytime he tries to login it take him to the new account. Thank you. 4fcbf8ca-eb9c-4018-a873-d83bac429d41
  9. How do I migrate my Xbox one Microsoft account to ps5 for my sons gta game I did it before...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I migrate my Xbox one Microsoft account to ps5 for my sons gta game I did it before...: i need to n igrate my Xbox account to ps5 for gta5 for my son any no how I can’t remember lol 93848b1a-9899-4f12-816f-041f4fc2c572
  10. How can I change existing microsoft account to my sons name and email address keeping the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I change existing microsoft account to my sons name and email address keeping the...: Every since my son has moved out and got his own xbox, the games, data and stuff he paid for in games he wants to keep. Would this be possible or can someone suggest any other alternative? The...