My son's account is recognised as an adult one, thus preventing me from setting parental ...

Discus and support My son's account is recognised as an adult one, thus preventing me from setting parental ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I have just bought a new xbox one, and got connected using my W10 PC account. I thus decided to create a family and add my son, who was... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by kravmaga95, Dec 28, 2015.

1. kravmaga95
    kravmaga95 Guest

My son's account is recognised as an adult one, thus preventing me from setting parental ...

Hello,

I have just bought a new xbox one, and got connected using my W10 PC account.

I thus decided to create a family and add my son, who was already a member of my family on my W10 PC / Microsoft account.

Unfortunately, and despite many manipulations and attempts to solve this, my son is still connected on the Xbox One as an adult and not a child. I cannot set any parental security setting & control, and he has full access to all features.

My son has a birth date in 2004 in the information page of his Microsoft Account, when I log in using his credentials.

Thanks a lot,

David

:)

kravmaga95, Dec 28, 2015
  2. Mister Beep
    Mister Beep Guest
    xbox gold subscription - problem

Hey there,

Are you trying to set up parental controls on your account, or is that error preventing you from using Xbox Live Gold features? If you are running into parental controls issues, I recommend starting out with our

Xbox Live Parental Settings
    support page.

For further account assistance, the best route will be to contact our chat or phone support team through our

Contact Us
    page.

Feel free to keep us posted! My son's account is recognised as an adult one, thus preventing me from setting parental ... :)

Mister Beep, Dec 28, 2015
  3. Miss Ermine
    Miss Ermine Guest
    I cant download apps

Hi there! If you are getting those error messages, it means that there are parental settings on the account preventing this account from accessing those features. The only way for an account to be an adult account is for it to come of age and be promoted
    through the dashboard.

Miss Ermine, Dec 28, 2015
  4. kravmaga95
    kravmaga95 Guest

Hello I talked to the support ; there was a problem when creating my son's profile... No solution except create a new profile for him...

This ticket can be closed

kravmaga95, Dec 28, 2015
  5. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest
    Thanks for letting us know. Happy Gaming!

{Parity}, Oct 31, 2018
  6. kravmaga95 Win User

My son's account is recognised as an adult one, thus preventing me from setting parental security

Hello I talked to the support ; there was a problem when creating my son's profile... No solution except create a new profile for him...

This ticket can be closed
  7. {Parity} Win User

My son's account is recognised as an adult one, thus preventing me from setting parental security

Thanks for letting us know. Happy Gaming!
  8. ArminatorX Win User

Closing account loopholes

My son has an adult microsoft account with child restrictions on our xbox one.

What would happen if he deleted my parent account? ... And is there any way to prevent him from creating a new account just to get around the restrictions? Its impractical for us to create a passkey to the console because we arent always around. I
    just want to prevent the creation and deletion of any account...
    First of all: You say your son has an "adult account". Adult accounts can be set up to be restricted, however as the system sees the account as "adult", the owner of the account can simply set these settings back.

I assume you just mistyped, and your kid has a "child" account with restrictions you set through your adult account, right?

As for closing your loopholes:

Go to the Settings of the console, and under "System" choose "Control offline content". Set the setting there to prevent creation of new profiles.

If your parent account gets removed from the console, it doesn't matter.

Online and Privacy settings are managed online on the Live service, to prevent your kid going to a friend, signing into their console and thus "circumventing" your settings.

With the settings being managed online in the "Live cloud", no matter where your kid signs in, the parental restrictions will go with your kid, wether the console has your parent account on it or not.

As long as your kid's child account is added as a child account to your parent account, they can't change anything.

And it's recommended that if your parent account stays on the console, that you secure your own account with a passcode, that your kid doesn't know.

That way the kid is "forced" to use their own "unlocked" child account with the parental restrictions, instead of simply using your parent account to get around the restrictions.
  9. XBF George L Win User

XBox One Time Limits not working

Thanks for the replies!

So when your son is able to sign into the account on the days that it is set to blocked is it possible that there is also an adult account signed in even though its not being used. If a parental account is signed in at the same time as the child account
    then it assumes that the child account has permission since they are playing together. If the child has figured this out you can Set up a Passkey
    to prevent the parental account from being signed in.

A passkey protects against a child signing in as the parent and overriding parental controls. A personal passkey prevents a child from simply clicking on the parent’s picture, signing in as the parent, and changing the child’s otherwise
    parentally controlled settings.
  10. ArminatorX Win User

Remove Game from Account

My son resets the console and creates his own passkey. In which case, I have to reset the game to create my passkey. This is not a solution. Plus, he still owns the game which is my real problem.
    To prevent this, make sure your son actually has a child account. This won't work, if your son is using an adult account.

With your parental adult account, go to the system settings. There choose to "Control Offline Content"

Uncheck the possibility to Allow new profiles, and also set the age limit for when no one is signed in (set that to below the age limit for GTA).

Lock these settings with a passkey (a secret button combination that only you know). This will prevent your kid to circumvent these settings and should lock him out of starting or seeing GTA on the console.

Provided your kid really has a child account, your kid can't change anything to access or see GTA again.
Thema:

1. My son's account is recognised as an adult one, thus preventing me from setting parental ... - Similar Threads - son's account recognised

2. My son mistakenly redeemed his vbucks to my microsoft account, instead of his microsoft...

in XBoX on Windows
    My son mistakenly redeemed his vbucks to my microsoft account, instead of his microsoft...: My son mistakenly redeemed his fortnite vbucks to my microsoft account, instead of his microsoft account. We would like to transfer them over to his account. How do I correct this issue? Thank...
  3. Son hacked, how to get back his account

in XBoX on Windows
    Son hacked, how to get back his account: Hello, my son's account has been hacked, I can see in my family sharing panel that his email has been changed from [mod removd] to [mod removed] Also, I can see in the last email he received that...
  4. my sons account has been banned why ?

in XBoX on Windows
    my sons account has been banned why ?: hello i wanted to ask a question on here my son is 10 and made a looking for group post on a game and was tryna play with people around his age and he has been suspended and will be unsuspended 5...
  5. How do I transfer from my Microsoft account to my son's?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I transfer from my Microsoft account to my son's?: I added my son's gift card to my Microsoft account for the Xbox. It is not letting me transfer to his account, can anyone help me on how to do this please? 19670d29-854f-4ef9-8be4-14327a41525b
  6. If I remove my son from the family account so he doesn’t have any restrictions will this...

in XBoX Accessibility
    If I remove my son from the family account so he doesn’t have any restrictions will this...: My son is in our family account but I want to remove him as he keeps getting messages that he needs to ask for my permission to use chrome ??? If I remove him can he still use our Xbox account...
  7. can i move a minecraft account from my microsoft account to my sons ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    can i move a minecraft account from my microsoft account to my sons ?: After getting a new Pc i no longer can log in to my minecraft account. I used my microsoft account with my sons minecraft account. Now i no longer have acces to my old email and cant log in on my...
  8. My son sent a message to someone on xbox with bad language on my account. I've been removed...

in XBoX on Windows
    My son sent a message to someone on xbox with bad language on my account. I've been removed...: Son sent a bad word on xbox to another gamer on my account. I got a two day ban from live which I can accept. But have just recently noticed I've got removed from the ambassador program which I...
  9. My son has a new xbox. When he set it up he created a new account. How do I transfer the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My son has a new xbox. When he set it up he created a new account. How do I transfer the...: My son has a new xbox. When he set it up he created a new account. How do I transfer the xbox ultimate game pass subscription to the new xbox. Thanks. 7efe3e50-e73a-4500-92be-37f2fd992f6e
  10. My son has somehow created a new xbox account using the same email address so lost all of...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My son has somehow created a new xbox account using the same email address so lost all of...: I don't know what he has done or how he has done it but he had an xbox account. He is now logged in with the same email but different gamer tag snd none of his previous info is linked. So no...