My son is trying to play the new DLC for destiny on his account on my Xbox but it won't...

Discus and support My son is trying to play the new DLC for destiny on his account on my Xbox but it won't... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I don't think I should have to buy the dlc for him. He's on my family account. a40b7e2b-e595-4764-abd1-4c2e148673f7 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by BradPerry4, Mar 18, 2023.

1. BradPerry4
    BradPerry4 Guest

My son is trying to play the new DLC for destiny on his account on my Xbox but it won't...

I don't think I should have to buy the dlc for him. He's on my family account.

:)

BradPerry4, Mar 18, 2023
  2. Lenmo Win User

multiple consoles

ok so i have 3 xbox's on my network, mucho dlc and a family account (4 profiles) if I always use my main profile to buy dlc then technically i can play 2 different profiles (say my profile and my son can play his profile) at the same time on 2 seperate xbox's
    and use the dlc on both provided I sign my profile in on the xbox that doesn't have the dlc on it and my son uses his account that had the dlc downloaded on it correct? or is this a no go? Basically I want to party up with my son/daughter and play the dlc
    (that I bought) on seperate full screen tv's/xbox's..
  3. DeniqL Win User

My son is trying to play the new DLC for destiny on his account on my Xbox but it won't carry over. How can I make that work?

Hi! I'm Luis, a fellow Xbox Gamer . Thanks for reaching us out here.

Unfortunately Destiny DLCs can not be shared
  4. Aspect Showgun Win User

xbox 360 won't read the destiny game disc anymore

My son got the destiny game and it won't read it. All other games work and destiny even works on 2 other 360 consoles. Do I return the disc to the store for a new one? I don't understand why it just won't work on his. I about ready to throw the console out
    the window!!
  5. Intex-C0320960-5DD0- Win User

DLC Sharing?

Thanks again for the replies.

OK, perhaps one thing I didn't make very clear is that we both want to play together online at the same time, with the same games. If I designate my son's Xbox as my home console then all of the licensing transfers from mine to my son's, so I suspect it
    will be the same issue in reverse.

Anyway, I just tried something else. I logged onto my son's Xbox and logged on as him on my Xbox and tried it that way and it worked. I was then able to play Destiny Dark Below on both consoles simultaneously. If you do it the normal way around, my son gets
    the message in Destiny that he doesn't have the DLC and therefore we can't play it (unless I logon to his Xbox of course).

This would suggest that the DLC is tied to both the Xbox hardware and the gamertag rather than just the gamertag, i.e. I've gone to his Xbox, I can download the DLC because I purchased it originally and my son can play it on my console because the content
    is also already there.

I'm not sure what the EULA has to say about doing it like that, but it does work. Of course, when we want to play on the game together, we have to swap rooms. Alternatively, I guess I could swap the Xbox's around ;).
  6. JimHet Win User

Bluray discs not detected

Unfortunately didn't work although some of my Blurays sometimes play. My son is going to take the discs that won't play to try on his mates Xbox one.
Thema:

1. My son is trying to play the new DLC for destiny on his account on my Xbox but it won't... - Similar Threads - son trying play

2. My son got the black screen of death today he tried going to factory reset but when he...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My son got the black screen of death today he tried going to factory reset but when he...: My son got the black screen of death on his Xbox one s 67c4f855-7abe-450b-9aa2-44fc5231f2c4
  3. My son is trying to add a mod in minecraft but we are logged into the wrong account and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My son is trying to add a mod in minecraft but we are logged into the wrong account and...: My son is trying to add a mod in minecraft but we are logged into the wrong account and can't figure out how to log into the right account 00b922d1-ba05-42c2-9673-39b0313d0494
  4. I bought xbox series x for my kids, still have xbox 1. Now when my son tries to play...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought xbox series x for my kids, still have xbox 1. Now when my son tries to play...: I bought xbox series x for my kids, still have xbox 1. Now when my son tries to play roblox, it asks for a disc to be inserted? What's the issue? Only happening on the old xbox....
  5. I recently switched my son over to using his own account for Fortnite. I was trying to link...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I recently switched my son over to using his own account for Fortnite. I was trying to link...: I am working on trying to add vbucks to my sons Fortnite account however it was pointing to my gamer tag. In an effort to link it to his gamer tag, I am running into problems. It is not allowing...
  6. Trying to buy FC24 points for my son

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to buy FC24 points for my son: I’m trying to buy FC24 points for my son - I’ve added ££ into his Microsoft account - then he tries to purchase the points and gets the following message “Your gift card was redeemed, but your...
  7. Trying to play multiplayer with my son

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to play multiplayer with my son: I'm trying to play a purchased multiplayer game on two Xbox's in my house with my son. We both have game pass plans. Do I also have to buy two copies of the game? That'd be ridiculous....
  8. I'm trying to make an account for my son and it won't let me join him to parental control

in XBoX Accessibility
    I'm trying to make an account for my son and it won't let me join him to parental control: My account does not allow me to add my son's account to parental control, I think there is something wrong with one of the two accounts but I don't really know what the requirements or...
  9. Error when trying to buy minecraft for my son using family safety.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Error when trying to buy minecraft for my son using family safety.: Something isn't working on our end. Wait a bit, then try here again. TraceID: 5sydQ29wPkKGV8uX.27.95 Give it another try Something went wrong. Give it another try Something went wrong....
  10. What games can I play with my son on divided screen because I try with different games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What games can I play with my son on divided screen because I try with different games: Why can I not play with divided screen with my son on my console without been online 1cb2c608-bf46-40df-9194-0edbbb5c984b