My son has an Xbox with game pass at his mother’s and an Xbox without game pass at mine....

Discus and support My son has an Xbox with game pass at his mother’s and an Xbox without game pass at mine.... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Trying to find a way to play online together with 2 Xbox in different houses but only one gamepass d2f10a72-86d6-4b49-8bfe-be4a35771f4a Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Phil H2, Jan 29, 2023.

1. Phil H2
    Phil H2 Guest

My son has an Xbox with game pass at his mother’s and an Xbox without game pass at mine....

Trying to find a way to play online together with 2 Xbox in different houses but only one gamepass

:)

Phil H2, Jan 29, 2023
  2. John P_14 Win User

My son has an Xbox with game pass at his mother’s and an Xbox without game pass at mine. How do he and I play online games together?

Hi and thanks for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you and I'll be happy to help you.

I would like to ask whose account has an active Game Pass subscription. If it's on your son's account, please set his account as the Home Xbox on your console by following these steps so that he can share his subscription with you.

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

2. Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Personalization, and then select My home Xbox.

3. Select Make this my home Xbox.
  3. fitzy010109 Win User

No active gamer profile

Hi Ricardo.

Thanks for the reply.

The xbox does have 2 accounts on it, mine and my sons. (Mine is simply on there so he has access to game pass etc)

But the moment the xbox is turned on, it logs my sons account in automatically. Is this what you mean?? Or do i have to do something else aswell?

also, my sons account is under a child account so he doesnt have an email address added to it. Will this be causing a problem? if so, can i somehow add an email adress to it??

Thanks
  4. MariaS4 Win User

Two consoles, one house, one all access pass

Put the xbox game pass ultimate under one of their accounts. So for example.. Son#1 has game pass ultimate make his home xbox as the xbox that son#2 uses that way anyone that uses that xbox can use the game pass ultimate without having him sign in since its his home xbox.. what this means is make the xbox one x son#1 home console.. then have son#1 play on the xbox one and have son#2 play on the xbox one X or vice versa.. this is the only way they can both play at the same time using one game pass ultimate account. Because son#1 will have to sign into the xbox one so he can play therefore it wont kick anyone out of the game pass on the xbox one x since thats his home xbox. If theres another way i dont know about it. Because we have 3 xboxs and we can use 2 of them this way at the same time so my son and daughter can both play against each other but unfortunately theres no way to do it on more then 2. It sucks for family's with more then 2 xboxs also sucks when you have more then 2 ppl that want to use the game pass ultimate at the same time. Microsoft needs to change this, my suggestion would be for them to make a family game pass ultimate subscription where you can add your family members up to say 5 or 6 members to your family subscription and they can use game pass ultimate anywhere anytime. That would be nice. But unfortunately this is what we are stuck with for now. Maybe it'll change in the future
  5. Kevin Forteath Win User

Subscription and accounts help

Hi my son had a Xbox one with a gold pass and upgraded to a xbox x with 2 years ultimate. When I setup his xbox x with his same account his gametag had ultimate subscription the rest of his gold pass was put on my gametag on the xbox x. But when he signs in some days his gametag changes to gold pass and my gametag has ultimate which stop him downloading gamepass games to his gametag. ...
  6. plmreldritch Win User

Three XBOX consoles, sharing GamePass - trying to play a 3-player game

Thank you, Gerardo! I currently have Game Pass Ultimate. So if I'm understanding this correctly, the net result would be the purchase of the game in question on Console 3, plus a second Game Pass account for my son. Wow, that is a bit disappointing. I suppose one way to save would be to drop Ultimate to Core, and add another Core account for my son, which may only add an additional $5/month or so to the total.

Does the above sound feasible? Meaning two Game Pass Core subscriptions on the two XBox X consoles, one in my account and one on my son's account (he's 13), along with the purchase of the one or two games on one of the XBox Xs that we want to play as a threesome?

One last question: if my son and I have a separate Game Pass Core accounts and the game or games are free on Game Pass, do we even need to purchase the game again? Using two separate Game Pass accounts, I could share mine with my daughter while my son uses his own account.

Thank you kindly for your help with this.

Chad N.
Thema:

1. My son has an Xbox with game pass at his mother’s and an Xbox without game pass at mine.... - Similar Threads - son has game

2. my sons account has been banned why ?

in XBoX on Windows
    my sons account has been banned why ?: hello i wanted to ask a question on here my son is 10 and made a looking for group post on a game and was tryna play with people around his age and he has been suspended and will be unsuspended 5...
  3. My son has a new xbox. When he set it up he created a new account. How do I transfer the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My son has a new xbox. When he set it up he created a new account. How do I transfer the...: My son has a new xbox. When he set it up he created a new account. How do I transfer the xbox ultimate game pass subscription to the new xbox. Thanks. 7efe3e50-e73a-4500-92be-37f2fd992f6e
  4. My son has somehow created a new xbox account using the same email address so lost all of...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My son has somehow created a new xbox account using the same email address so lost all of...: I don't know what he has done or how he has done it but he had an xbox account. He is now logged in with the same email but different gamer tag snd none of his previous info is linked. So no...
  5. My Son has FC24 on Xbox Series S and has added a friend who has a PS5... why can't they...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Son has FC24 on Xbox Series S and has added a friend who has a PS5... why can't they...: The Cross Play feature is enabled, they are friends but when he tries to add him to play a game he isn't there for selection in the Online friends list. In fact it doesn't even show the Online...
  6. We have an Xbox and my son has the gamer pass. How do I get my Daughter to be able to play...

in XBoX Accessibility
    We have an Xbox and my son has the gamer pass. How do I get my Daughter to be able to play...: We have an Xbox and my son has the gamer pass. How do I get my Daughter to be able to play too? Does she need a gamer tag? I’m keen to set up a family but how can I if my son has the gamer pass?...
  7. If I purchase a game on one console and my son has his own can we use the same purchase on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I purchase a game on one console and my son has his own can we use the same purchase on...: I am looking at purchasing a game I am wondering if I purchase on my console can my son use the same purchase on his 0f24f262-0583-48b8-aed1-73e250c549ff
  8. Son's Minecraft account has been stolen along with his micosoft email via in-game hypixel scam

in XBoX Accessibility
    Son's Minecraft account has been stolen along with his micosoft email via in-game hypixel scam: Last night my 13 year old son whilst playing Minecraft was scammed by another person in the chatroom. He had his Minecraft account stolen by accessing his microsoft account. By the time we had the...
  9. Single Xbox One console; Parent has Gold Live; Son not being offered Gold discount for game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Single Xbox One console; Parent has Gold Live; Son not being offered Gold discount for game: Hi, My son wants to purchase Far Cry New Dawn Deluxe Edition from our only console. When he visits the store he sees two prices displayed: AU$33.98 with Xbox Live Gold, or AU$42.47 If I...
  10. My son and I love to game he has autism and he loves to game is there any damaged Xbox 360s or ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My son and I love to game he has autism and he loves to game is there any damaged Xbox 360s or ...: My son and I love to game he has autism and he loves to game is there any damaged Xbox 360s or a Xbox 1 that I could have for my son 00be212a-a3bc-4902-a244-bf8f2fb5d697