My series x randomly keeps disconnecting from wifi but everything else runs ok...what can i do

Discus and support My series x randomly keeps disconnecting from wifi but everything else runs ok...what can i do in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox series x keeps disconnecting from the wifi but everything thing else...i used to be a playstation fan but fell in love with Xbox...what can i... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by GreenWizard4201, Jul 1, 2022.

1. My series x randomly keeps disconnecting from wifi but everything else runs ok...what can i do

My Xbox series x keeps disconnecting from the wifi but everything thing else...i used to be a playstation fan but fell in love with Xbox...what can i do so i dont resort to selling my xbox

:)

GreenWizard4201, Jul 1, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

My series x randomly keeps disconnecting from wifi but everything else runs ok...what can i do

Hello, GreenWizard4201. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas, and I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

Please check your current NAT type:

Press the Xbox button > Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Network settings. Under Current Network Status, the NAT Type field displays your current NAT type.

You need your NAT type to be Open. You also want to be sure there are no errors such as Double NAT detected or UPnP not successful displayed.

You can follow the steps on the URL below to troubleshoot specific NAT errors or do a general NAT troubleshooting:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

For any error message that you receive, please refer to the "Troubleshooting specific NAT errors". If you do not receive any error message, but your NAT type is Moderate or Strict, please refer to the General NAT troubleshooting and the Advanced NAT troubleshooting.

Please let me know if you have any question or if your connection test did not show any error.
  3. sarpdoruk Win User

Xbox Series X keeps disconnecting

Check the forum or just google "XBOX Series X disconnects from wifi". Tons of threads here and on reddit since the launch.

An example.
  4. Abdullah Al-Khatem Win User

Xbox controller keeps discounting

I just tried to turn of the cellular and the wifi on my phone. Still keeps disconnecting and reconnecting randomly :(
  5. JustinBollay Win User

Series X Randomly Disconnecting From Wifi

I keep having the same issue with the series x wifi just turns off and is unable to find any network at all. I have to restart the series x and it's good for about 5 to 10 minutes then does it all over again its very frustrating
  6. XBF Zineb F Win User

Series X Randomly Disconnecting From Wifi

Hello there @JakeSchulz, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support. I want you not to worry about the situation because I am here to help you out! I believe your console might need either a network reset or just a system refresh. I would like you to go through the following steps to clear the Mac address and then perform a quick power cycle on your console:

Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart. It would definitely help if you could restart the internet router while the console is restarting.

After going through the troubleshooting steps mentioned, I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 2 to 3 minutes, re-plug them back again, then restart your console.

In case the issue still persists after the previous steps have been performed here is the official link to all the network troubleshooting steps that can help sort this out for you.

The link: Troubleshoot your Xbox One network connection | Xbox Support

In case the issue still persists, the next step would be to perform a reset on the console. To do so you will need to follow the steps below to perform a reset on the Xbox :

Settings > System > Console Info > Reset This Xbox > Reset and Keep my Games and Apps.

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you to sign in to the account.

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!
Thema:

1. My series x randomly keeps disconnecting from wifi but everything else runs ok...what can i do - Similar Threads - series randomly keeps

2. My new Series X keeps randomly disconnecting from xbox services for a couple seconds.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My new Series X keeps randomly disconnecting from xbox services for a couple seconds.: I got a series x fro christmas and randomly throughout the day it will disconnect me from xbox live services and boot me back to the main menu of whatever game I am playing. It only lasts a couple...
  3. Does anyone know why my Xbox Series X keeps randomly disconnecting me from the internet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know why my Xbox Series X keeps randomly disconnecting me from the internet?: It has been happening out of nowhere for the past few days not. I will be playing games and the it would say I lose connection and then it would come back on in a few second. Then after like 5-10...
  4. Several of my friends and my own XBox Series X keeps randomly rebooting after the last...

in XBoX on Windows
    Several of my friends and my own XBox Series X keeps randomly rebooting after the last...: Several of my friends and my own lot of XBox Series X's, keeps randomly rebooting after the last system update on 9/6/2023. Is there any news if Microsoft is going to roll back this release or...
  5. My Series X controller keeps randomly turning off with fully charged batteries in it, and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Series X controller keeps randomly turning off with fully charged batteries in it, and...: So what does the battery symbol with the lightning bolt next to it mean? e15d5f09-747a-4384-8411-0d0d98cb2c7f
  6. My Xbox Series S controller keeps dying randomly. (I am using it on my pc trhough a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series S controller keeps dying randomly. (I am using it on my pc trhough a...: So I had this controller for almost 2 years. After about 10 months of using it, I got it sent to Germany to get it fixed after the USB C port was not working at all. Warranty got it fixed and sent...
  7. Why does my new series X keep crashing randomly when playing games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my new series X keep crashing randomly when playing games?: I only got my Series X yesterday, it is refurbished and bought from the gamestore but I'm genuinely confused as to why it keeps doing this. I could be in the middle of playing something and the...
  8. Why does my xbox controller keep randomly disconnecting? I have both Xbox series x and PS5...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox controller keep randomly disconnecting? I have both Xbox series x and PS5...: Why does my xbox controller keep randomly disconnecting? I have both Xbox series x and PS5 and I've noticed that with PS5's Bluetooth controller connection, this error has not occurred. BTW, I...
  9. Series X Keeps randomly disconecting for a sec from xbox network

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Keeps randomly disconecting for a sec from xbox network: So i have my Series X since december 2022 and now for a few months it keeps kicking me from every game because the xbox disconnects for a second from xbox live i did everything in this thread but...
  10. First generation Xbox Series X keeps randomly disconnecting from 5g WiFi. The WiFi doesn't...

in XBoX on Consoles
    First generation Xbox Series X keeps randomly disconnecting from 5g WiFi. The WiFi doesn't...: I pre-ordered the Series X at launch and it disconnects randomly when I'm using it. I'm not 100% sure what it is. I keep it in low power mode and I would be using it for various games....