My series X has a problem with it's menus

Discus and support My series X has a problem with it's menus in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When I'm in a game there is zero issues but trying to boot a game, navigate the xbox store, navigate gamepass, watch shows through apps etc. It will... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Bailey Humphreys, May 25, 2023.

1. My series X has a problem with it's menus

When I'm in a game there is zero issues but trying to boot a game, navigate the xbox store, navigate gamepass, watch shows through apps etc. It will constantly freeze then the screen will pixelate. whenever this happens it pretty much breaks any sort of show I'm watching, makes an error happen trying to boot a game and in some cases just straight up crash and turn off. It was refurbished relatively recently due to water damage and ever since then this issue has been occuring.

:)

Bailey Humphreys, May 25, 2023
  2. OpticRJames Win User

Hi, Bailey. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

Please try the following steps one at a time to resolve the issue:

Solution 1: Do a power cycle to clear the cache of the console. If there is an external hard drive connected to your console, please disconnect that after turning off the console.

1. Turn off the Xbox console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.

2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

3. Plug the console power cable back in.

4, Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox console.

Solution 2: Check for any pending system updates that need to be installed.

Make sure your console is connected to the internet, and then press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select System > Settings.

Select System > Updates & downloads.

Under "Updates", you'll see: Console update available. Select this button to begin your update.

Solution 3: Do a factory reset

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

2. Select System > Settings > System > Console info.

3. Select Reset console.

4. Reset and keep my games & apps.
  3. Amaliya Husain Cole Win User

So after an update all my purchased games are gone and none of the "menus" work - its like when I got to settings i see a gear in the center of the screen and nothing else - - i found out that none of the menus are working as i had to put it in narrator mode then on the black screen with gear in middle i use the controller to move around till i found out what i was looking for based -as the narrator would help find the hidden text menu -- but there is no way to fix anything as i cant see it - its just a black screen - this is unacceptable for a newer style console
  4. ROBIN H 25 Win User

White Flickers while watching movies/streaming? 4k UHD 60hz monitor no HDR

I had the same / similar issue with my old 4K 60hz none HDR / HDMI 2.0 monitor when watching movies and some times in games with the Series X,

As soon as i upgraded my monitor to a 4K 144hz monitor that has HDR / HDMI 2.1 ports, i no longer had this problem,

I'm not sure what the problem is, but my guess is that the HDMI 2.1 port on Series X doesn't play well with HDMI 2.0 port of monitors, or it's the Series X trying to force HDR on, even if the monitor does not have / support HDR and the HDR in Series X menu's is turned off.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Ray Tracing

Hi,

Ray Tracing is on a per-game basis on both the Series S and the Series X. Some games have it, some do not. If a game has Ray Tracing it will normally be in it's options menu. Some games such as Watch Dogs Legion have ray tracing enabled by default.

Unlike Series X, the S model does not have RT for some games that the Series X has.
  6. Jacob Rhodes1 Win User

How do I fix the main menu, it won’t let me select anything.

Xbox Series X

Only Minecraft

Never had a problem navigating any menu other than the one in the game or any problems out of the controller.
Thema:

1. My series X has a problem with it's menus - Similar Threads - series has problem

2. Xbox series X has issues reading 4k bluray discs. How do I fix that??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X has issues reading 4k bluray discs. How do I fix that??: My xbox plays everything just fine but I recently purchased a 4k bluray disc and and my xbox won't read it. It attempts to read but then eventually stops. 2e6fceb2-3fd5-4ec3-b2a4-06c0ba0fccbf
  3. Xbox series X has been broken since release

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X has been broken since release: I’m very frustrated by this. No games or apps will load so I’ll power cycle the Xbox. Unplug the leads and wait. Go to turn it back on and my controller isn’t synced. Try to use the Xbox series...
  4. My Xbox series X motherboard has broken

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series X motherboard has broken: My Xbox series X motherboard has broken and it is one month out of warranty, why should I have to pay £290 to get this fixed when it is not my fault, I can’t believe that a £500 console can barely...
  5. Is my xbox s That has a disc considered series Yes

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is my xbox s That has a disc considered series Yes: Is my xbox s that Play disk, is it considered a series? Yes? What is it just A? Regular Xbox One. Sign out, it is the white one. But it's not small. 2b1368f0-cbd8-453b-b261-6ba8a59bbaf0
  6. Xbox Series X has glitchy/stuttering audio with headphones when on a menu, or in an app...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X has glitchy/stuttering audio with headphones when on a menu, or in an app...: My Xbox Series X randomly started having glitchy or stuttering audio issues a few months ago, but only on menus, but now i realized that it effects apps as well (like Spotify, YouTube, etc)...
  7. My Xbox series S has a the black screen problem but I can’t fix it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series S has a the black screen problem but I can’t fix it: I’ve got a Xbox series S that has been very nice since I’ve gotten it but I had the “black screen of death” problem recently and I looked up some YouTube videos on it and they all said the same...
  8. My Xbox Series X controller (on PC) has a problem. It is as if stick drift is occurring but...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox Series X controller (on PC) has a problem. It is as if stick drift is occurring but...: After 8 seconds or so of inactivity, it will seem (in a game or menu) like I am holding up on the left thumbstick, but I'm not. Nor is there any drift. It's just doing it for no reason! This is a...
  9. My series X has no problems reading any other disc for download,but I got MWII and I can't...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My series X has no problems reading any other disc for download,but I got MWII and I can't...: How do I get my MWII disc to download,I have tried everything I know to do,just won't read it,but will read and download any other game just fine,it's driving me nuts HELP!!¡¡!!...
  10. Why has this problem on the series x/s versions of the Xbox not been fixed yet and how do I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has this problem on the series x/s versions of the Xbox not been fixed yet and how do I...: The YouTube app on xbox series s and I have heard it is the same for series x has a problem with the video and audio synchronization. The audio is delayed on the app while the video is ahead of...