My Series X does not recognize my Samsung T3 external SSD (1TB) for storing games, only for...

Discus and support My Series X does not recognize my Samsung T3 external SSD (1TB) for storing games, only for... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello. I've been trying to find info about this. There is only one old question with no answers and the thread is archived. I tried everything (I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by talampaya6, May 17, 2023.

1. talampaya6
    talampaya6 Guest

My Series X does not recognize my Samsung T3 external SSD (1TB) for storing games, only for...

Hello. I've been trying to find info about this. There is only one old question with no answers and the thread is archived. I tried everything (I removed the Samsung Lock Software, I formatted it in different formats, I deleted/created the partition, and even I left it unformatted). However, it only let me store files. In theory, an external SSD with 1TB of capacity, USD 3.0 should be supported for storing/using games, not just media. Thanks for any help!

:)

talampaya6, May 17, 2023
  2. talampaya6 Win User

My Series X does not recognize my Samsung T3 external SSD (1TB) for storing games, only for media.

Thanks. But when I plug the SSD into the Xbox, it shows that an external HDD has been inserted. When I open the setup and go to storage, I can't format it. The Xbox is up-to-date. The SSD is in perfect working condition. I tried everything: 1) I quickly and regularly formatted the disk in a Windows 11 PC, using both xFat and NTFS; 2) I also deleted the partition to see if something happened when connecting the SSD in the XBox; 3) I also tried to create the partition without formatting it and connecting the SSD in the XBox; 4) I connected the SSD in every single USB port of the XBox. But it never gives me the chance to format it. It always shows that the disk can be used for storing media only.
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

My Series X does not recognize my Samsung T3 external SSD (1TB) for storing games, only for media.

you must use your Xbox to format it otherwise you can only use it for media
  4. DmAfanasev Win User

My Series X no longer recognises my Samsung T5 external SSD for media. Help!

Series X + Samsung Portable SSD T5 1Tb can't be used to record game clips anymore (error code 0x80bd003c)
  5. SigmaTheDJ Win User

XBox Series X - Additional Storage

The only 2 options right now are the Seagate cards, which come in 512GB, 1TB or 2TB sizes, and the Western Digital WD_Black C50 cards, which come in 512GB or 1TB sizes.

When it comes to external HDDs and SSDs, you can store any game on one, but whether the game will run from one depends on if it's optimised for the Series X/S or not. If it is, it will only run from the internal SSD or one of the expansion cards. If it's not, it will run from the external drive. Obviously, pretty much all new games are gonna be optimised for the X/S consoles.
  6. Tezzarrific Win User

Xbox series X Expanded storage

There is not a single game over 1TB even with DLC, the largest game i have seen is 178GB and thats with all video cutscenes.

the storage options that im aware of are 1TB only, series x games will need to run on the ssd, xbox one games and 360 games can still run from an external hdd to my knowledge.
Thema:

1. My Series X does not recognize my Samsung T3 external SSD (1TB) for storing games, only for... - Similar Threads - Series does recognize

2. Why does my xbox series x shut down everytime I try to play the matrix demo .

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox series x shut down everytime I try to play the matrix demo .: Why..... is the question ... what is real how do you define real...(that's where is shuts off haha) Everytime i try to play the matrix demo my console shuts down there's a green screen for a split...
  3. Does the Xbox logo appear In xbox series x after it was in shutdown mode

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the Xbox logo appear In xbox series x after it was in shutdown mode: Today I left the Xbox series x in shutdown mode to download forza horizon 5 and I left it for about 6 hours and when I came back I noticed that the Xbox fan was off and when I turned on Xbox...
  4. Does the Xbox elite series 2 controller come with the paddles as stock if I’m purchasing...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the Xbox elite series 2 controller come with the paddles as stock if I’m purchasing...: Hello, I’m looking to purchase a custom controller from design labs, and I was looking at the elite series 2 controller, and it asks if I’d like to purchase paddles for an extra £21 on top of the...
  5. Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?: Hello, I bought the series X last week and I have had constant issues with Xbox not connecting to the WiFi, after it was set up, when I start the system. Absolutely nothing changes. The system...
  6. why does my xbox series x controller keep disconnected

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series x controller keep disconnected: my xbox series x controller keeps disconnecting i changed the batteries i couldnt resync the controller until i turned off the power supply but took about 2 minutes and the controller again...
  7. Why does my Xbox series x/s wireless controller disconnect when my Xbox one disconnects...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox series x/s wireless controller disconnect when my Xbox one disconnects...: When I came back home as I brought my Xbox to my friends house, it always disconnects from the WiFi and I don't know why. When it disconnected, my controller also disconnected....
  8. How does the 25 sweepstakes entries for the Xbox series s work

in XBoX on Windows
    How does the 25 sweepstakes entries for the Xbox series s work: How does the 25 suite takes entry Xbox series s work 3bd0b06c-f471-4331-86af-9ad1d02e8331
  9. my xbox series x does not recognize the xbox 360 halo 4 play disc, isn'tsupposed to be...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my xbox series x does not recognize the xbox 360 halo 4 play disc, isn'tsupposed to be...: i was already able to install the game. but inserting the xbox 360 halo 4 PLAY disc to the xbox series x, I always get a message that it does not recognize it. The disc only has very minor...
  10. Xbox Series controller does not recognize the original adapter

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series controller does not recognize the original adapter: Hi all. I have 2 Xbox Series gamepads disconnected from the original macrosof adapter (which comes with the gamepad). To check, I connected it to another laptop, it works fine (it means that the...