My Series S turned its self on last night.

Discus and support My Series S turned its self on last night. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I was in bed and it was like 3:18 Am, then suddenly my Xbox turned on. Is this normal or should I be worried about this?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MemeMaster_12, Jul 6, 2021.

1. My Series S turned its self on last night.

I was in bed and it was like 3:18 Am, then suddenly my Xbox turned on.

Is this normal or should I be worried about this?

:)

MemeMaster_12, Jul 6, 2021
  2. Just a Volunteer Win User

"neither my One X or Series X have installed system updates when turned off...they wait until I turn the thing on"

If power mode is set to Instant on, the console will check for System updates automatically.

If power mode is set to Energy save it wont check for an update until after it's turned on and connected to the Internet.

After you power up the console, if an update has gone passed the Mandatory time the console will launch the update and install it.

If the update has not reached the Mandatory time it will operate as normal until that time is reached and then launch the update.

For example, you may turn your console on for a all night early morning gaming session with your friends and there was a system update released earlier that day. If your gaming session goes past the Mandatory time for that update while you are playing a game etc, usually 3 am in the US 8 pm in Australia, the console will initiate the System update.

It's always better to check for an update using Guide>Settings>System>Updates before getting into a all night gaming session.

If you leave your smart TV in standby and still connected to the net, I would expect automatic updates.
  3. Nursemorph Win User

is it supposed to turn on though?
    As stated above this occurs when the console checks for a system update and the time, 3am, is around the time when its mandatory to update, US time.

During the stage between Verifying and Applying, when the consoles restarts during the update, the Xbox button on the console will flash or pulse about 15-20 times for a XBox OneX and about 6-10 times for a Xbox Series X.

So, the consoles are designed specifically to turn themselves on in the middle of the night to run updates? That is a seriously bad design if you ask me...there's no reason for it to do that. None of my other electronics turn themselves on...my TV and PC both update when I turn them on. Looks like I'll start unplugging my Xbox at night in that case.

Having said that, neither my One X or Series X have installed system updates when turned off...they wait until I turn the thing on
  4. Just a Volunteer Win User

As stated above this occurs when the console checks for a system update and the time, 3am, is around the time when its mandatory to update, US time.

During the stage between Verifying and Applying, when the consoles restarts during the update, the Xbox button on the console will flash or pulse about 15-20 times for a XBox OneX and about 6-10 times for a Xbox Series X.
  5. Zane Carson Win User

I have this problem all the time with my Xbox one I got used to it. It hasn’t really caused any problems for me I think it might be doing some kind of self maintenance or something.
  6. MemeMaster_12 Win User

Thema:

1. My Series S turned its self on last night. - Similar Threads - Series turned self

2. My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it...

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it...: My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it has no issue playing games for hours at a time the system has been cleaned and I've signed in and out of...
  3. Why can my Xbox series x turn off my tv ( TCL C745) but not turn it on ? :(.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can my Xbox series x turn off my tv ( TCL C745) but not turn it on ? :(.: I've had Samsung TV before and my console could turn on/off the TV .. but now I bought a TCL smart TV and the console can't turn it on * Moved from Community Center...
  4. Why is my Xbox Series X turning on with no picture on my tv or computer monitor?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox Series X turning on with no picture on my tv or computer monitor?: I tried different hdmi cables.I turning the console on and off as listed on the list of steps to troubleshoot.It finally turned on.I did the 10 second power cycle then got nothing on both my tv...
  5. Xbox series x loud fan when turning on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x loud fan when turning on: I bought my Xbox series x a month or two ago and have only had this happen twice. When turning on my Xbox after it being off for a while I hear the fan ramp up and then slow back down to the...
  6. X box series s disconnects from wifi every time i turn it off and on, what can i do to fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    X box series s disconnects from wifi every time i turn it off and on, what can i do to fix it?: My xbox keeps on disconnecting every time i log in to play, and when i try to reconnect it to WiFi, it takes up to 30 tries to be successful, is really stressful having to type the password 30...
  7. Cross play Turned on, but games keep cross play disabled on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cross play Turned on, but games keep cross play disabled on Xbox Series X: I recently played COD MW3 and ran into an issue where I turned my cross play off for Multiplayer via Xbox settings but when I re enabled cross play for Zombies, every time COD would start I would...
  8. Xbox Series X - Turning off after powering on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X - Turning off after powering on: Hi Posting here about an issue that is happening with my brand new Series X Occurring randomly, without a pattern... Might happen today and never happen during the upcoming days, or just happen...
  9. Series X turning off when starting certain games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X turning off when starting certain games: My Xbox Series X completely shuts down when I try to start certain games. I can watch hours of streaming video with no issues. I can play Hours of Mass Effect 3 with no issues. But when I try to...
  10. The past 1 month my Xbox series x started restarting it self when I would turn my Xbox on

in XBoX on Consoles
    The past 1 month my Xbox series x started restarting it self when I would turn my Xbox on: The past 1 month my Xbox series x started restarting it self when I would turn my Xbox on. I looked the problem I'm having up and couldn't find anything I don't know what is causing my Xbox series...