My Series S looks horrible.

Discus and support My Series S looks horrible. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I bought my Series S second hand from Cex. I hadn't noticed at first since I was playing on a 720p TV but once I got a brand new tv it was obvious that... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PandaMan_12, Nov 24, 2022.

1. PandaMan_12
    PandaMan_12 Guest

I bought my Series S second hand from Cex. I hadn't noticed at first since I was playing on a 720p TV but once I got a brand new tv it was obvious that the Series s looked terrible.

The Dashboard looks blurry and pixelated. I have tried changing the resolution from 4k 120hz to 1440p 60 and even 1080p 60 but it still looks awful. Once in game the blur multiplies. Textures take a long time to load in, there is a lot of shimmering and everything looks pixilated including the characters.

Unfortunately I cannot return it anymore as it has been more than 14 days and would really like a solution to fix it.

I have tried factory resetting it. I have tried almost every setting on my tv and I plugged it into another tv and the blur was style there. I tried my brothers PS5 and it looked amazing on the tv so I am not sure what else I can do. It seems like the Series S lacks any form of anti aliasing making everything look awful.

:)

PandaMan_12, Nov 24, 2022
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi

A note for our international and American friends, CEX is UK retailer that re-sells games, consoles, Movies and computer hardware. It's all second hand, but they do have full guarantee's on the products they sell (or rather, re-sell).

https://uk.webuy.com/site/terms/

As per Farscape's reply.

The 14 day rule is for online purchases, and only when the item is unwanted. This complies with the UK's distance selling rules.

If your console is faulty and was purchased faulty (i.e. was received faulty), CEX will replace it or offer you a refund.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. Farscape247 Win User

as it is not working correctly you can take it back to cex as they offer a 12 month warranty on all used electricals, it is clearly faulty, they will test it themselves and then either replace or refund. 14 days is if you want to return with no reason.
  4. Farscape247 Win User

Cheers, forgot they increased the warranty to 24 months lol.
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Pandaman_12

I don’t like to give bad news, but everything points to be a hardware issue.

But before concluding that and if you can please try sharing pictures of how the dashboard and the graphics in the game looks
    And just to confirm, did you already tried using a different HDMI cord as well?
  6. Valerio99 Win User

FIFA 22 and Next-Gen issues

Fifa 22 Is horrible... €80 for a 720 p game? Optimized for Xbox 360 not for series S, **** EA and **** Microsoft, not the First problem on the series S ( like the ethernet cable ecc.)
Thema:

1. My Series S looks horrible. - Similar Threads - Series looks horrible

2. Look I payed 100 dollars for this vault edition game I have the new x box series X my nat...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Look I payed 100 dollars for this vault edition game I have the new x box series X my nat...: I keep getting kicked every let me repeat EVERY single game!! I have the new Xbox series X my nat type is moderate my internet is wired I have never had this issue on any other game and it...
  3. looking for a way to get nba 2k23 micheal jordan edition-free- for xbox series s console

in XboX Insiders
    looking for a way to get nba 2k23 micheal jordan edition-free- for xbox series s console: i don't have cash, but have merchandise, willing to barter/trade submitted by /u/Infinite-War-1819 [link] [comments]
  4. Looking for information about the types of plastics used in the Series X controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Looking for information about the types of plastics used in the Series X controller: I seem to have stumped Microsoft here. I would just like to know what kind of plastic is used for the thumbsticks (the part that you touch, not the internal stick) and shell of the Series X...
  5. looking for ip address for my series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    looking for ip address for my series x: i want to know if its possible to view my consuls ip address on my laptop screen? i dont have a tv screen. 6d899b47-0a17-4879-9b03-4c4d5d9c6f4a
  6. I can't post on my looking for group and I'm on a series S

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't post on my looking for group and I'm on a series S: My Xbox doesn't allow me to post in the looking for group post 0790f6f8-6717-4a8f-8c64-619ac803ec39
  7. I believe my Xbox Series X has been overheating. Edit: Please look at the photo and tell me...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I believe my Xbox Series X has been overheating. Edit: Please look at the photo and tell me...: Hello. I believe my Series X has been overheating. I have a photo but I don't see anywhere on here that I can attach it. The rear, left, lower vent has signs of the black coating on the plastic...
  8. HDR makes games look washed out on Xbox Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    HDR makes games look washed out on Xbox Series X: I have an HDR TV (TCL 49S403) and have HDR10 enabled on my Xbox, and it works, but all colors in games look washed out to a degree. I used the HDR Game Calibration app but same results....
  9. My Xbox series X is not powering on. I had a 3rd party repair store look at it and now I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series X is not powering on. I had a 3rd party repair store look at it and now I...: So I have a Xbox series X I play it almost every day. One day I go to turn it on and nothing… I tried all the trouble shooting steps and still nothing… it made no sense.. now sense their is almost...
  10. Second Series X Broke and Looking for an Extended Warrenty

in XBoX on Windows
    Second Series X Broke and Looking for an Extended Warrenty: So, a year ago I got a launch series X, I was one of the lucky ones. For about 10 days and then it broke. So I sent it in, they replaced it with a new one that has now also broken. In less than a...