My Series S looks horrible.

Discus and support My Series S looks horrible. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I bought my Series S second hand from Cex. I hadn't noticed at first since I was playing on a 720p TV but once I got a brand new tv it was obvious that... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PandaMan_12, Nov 24, 2022.

1. PandaMan_12
    PandaMan_12 Guest

I bought my Series S second hand from Cex. I hadn't noticed at first since I was playing on a 720p TV but once I got a brand new tv it was obvious that the Series s looked terrible.

The Dashboard looks blurry and pixelated. I have tried changing the resolution from 4k 120hz to 1440p 60 and even 1080p 60 but it still looks awful. Once in game the blur multiplies. Textures take a long time to load in, there is a lot of shimmering and everything looks pixilated including the characters.

Unfortunately I cannot return it anymore as it has been more than 14 days and would really like a solution to fix it.

I have tried factory resetting it. I have tried almost every setting on my tv and I plugged it into another tv and the blur was style there. I tried my brothers PS5 and it looked amazing on the tv so I am not sure what else I can do. It seems like the Series S lacks any form of anti aliasing making everything look awful.

:)

PandaMan_12, Nov 24, 2022
  2. PandaMan_12 Win User

Sorry I may have not mentioned it, but I had attempted to take it back to CEX but they said there was no fault after testing it on a small 720p monitor. They did not test any games on it, sort of plugged it in and said there was no fault after 10-15 mins.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi

A note for our international and American friends, CEX is UK retailer that re-sells games, consoles, Movies and computer hardware. It's all second hand, but they do have full guarantee's on the products they sell (or rather, re-sell).

https://uk.webuy.com/site/terms/

As per Farscape's reply.

The 14 day rule is for online purchases, and only when the item is unwanted. This complies with the UK's distance selling rules.

If your console is faulty and was purchased faulty (i.e. was received faulty), CEX will replace it or offer you a refund.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. Tezzerrific Win User

as it is not working correctly you can take it back to cex as they offer a 12 month warranty on all used electricals, it is clearly faulty, they will test it themselves and then either replace or refund. 14 days is if you want to return with no reason.
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi Pandaman_12

Yes, I’m this case even if native 4K games aren’t look properly the best option is request a replacement :c
  6. PandaMan_12 Win User

To no avail, even Ori and the Will of the Wisps looks blurry and the textures look bad. Thanks for your help this far I have raised a ticket with CEX for some extra help.
Thema:

1. My Series S looks horrible. - Similar Threads - Series looks horrible

2. Xbox series X screens looks broken and crazy colors when starting HD game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X screens looks broken and crazy colors when starting HD game: I got my Xbox series X about a month or two ago and have had no issues. Today, every time I start a game that has HD enabled, my screen looks cracked with crazy bright colors. I tested non HD...
  3. I loaded up MW2 on my Xbox series s and my new gaming mouse won't look around when I am in...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I loaded up MW2 on my Xbox series s and my new gaming mouse won't look around when I am in...: l loaded up MW2 on my Xbox series s and my new gaming mouse won't look around when I am in the game. I can only aim and shoot. a918d987-b2ee-45b5-ba56-114e2546d669
  4. How do I fix the look and framing of webcam connected to xbox series ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix the look and framing of webcam connected to xbox series ?: Hello, i got the right logi webcam but it looks red and very saturated. Also i have zero control of the framing . Help 2140ef28-e386-4dce-ba32-415419fdc546
  5. HDR Looks Terrible With Some Games on Xbox Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    HDR Looks Terrible With Some Games on Xbox Series X: I’ve been having an issue with my HDR on my Xbox Series X and it’s driving me crazyyyyyyy. My monitor supports HDR10 but when I go on some games, the screen turns black for a few seconds and when...
  6. forza motorsport xbox series s looks blurry

in XBoX Games and Apps
    forza motorsport xbox series s looks blurry: Hello forza motorsport looks very blurry on my xbox series s (performance and quality modes), how to fix it? ab309a83-528c-4976-86c1-aca50684df8a
  7. Xbox Series S colors on the screen looking weird.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S colors on the screen looking weird.: [img] I was moving stuff around my room and decided to unplug my Xbox series S, once I was done and plugged everything back in, the colors on my Xbox started to look really bright and and a little...
  8. Why my Xbox Series X case look like that?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why my Xbox Series X case look like that?: I've noticed the heat sink ( left side on the back) is pushing outwards the case. What can I do about it? The console has been kept with more care than my own health. [img] [img]...
  9. Remnant 2 looks bad on series s why is it only 30 frames and below at times ? Feel cheated

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Remnant 2 looks bad on series s why is it only 30 frames and below at times ? Feel cheated: This game looks bad on series s , why only 30 frames when all other games I’ve played , more demanding games ( destiny 2 ) run at 60 , what the heck ? Can’t even play it...
  10. Looking for a way to use my elite series 2 paddles for quick 180⁰ turns

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Looking for a way to use my elite series 2 paddles for quick 180⁰ turns: Perhaps an update to xbox accessories app? dc1a13bb-c44f-44be-8400-a50d1bacf832