My series S console won't queue games to install, I can only download game updates.

Discus and support My series S console won't queue games to install, I can only download game updates. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Can't get games to install, when I press install nothing happens. 3837e591-a27d-4cf0-971d-8bae5962f710 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by oddinator19, Jul 5, 2022.

1. oddinator19
    oddinator19 Guest

My series S console won't queue games to install, I can only download game updates.

Can't get games to install, when I press install nothing happens.

:)

oddinator19, Jul 5, 2022
  2. Logan Powers Win User

What is the point of buying this new gen console when to be able to view our libraries and even simply install games we are having to reset our consoles everytime it's honestly getting ridiculous.
  3. oddinator19 Win User

Thanks, I had to do the reset and keep games option to get it working again.
  4. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great despite the issue you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

To fix this, please perform a power cycle on your console by following the steps below:

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

If that didn't work resetting the console keeping games and apps will be the next option. Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Reset and keep my games & apps.
  5. ngocphi Win User

Downloaded games not accessible to all on console

If you using previously installed games from a disk it won't work

Series s console only works with digital games only
  6. Nursemorph Win User

Pause download and queue dissapeared on series x

I don't see how cancelling a CD install would remove the entire download/installation queue but anything is possible when it comes to tehcnology. Turning the console off whilst having games queued for downloading should make no difference...I frequently add games to the queue and then turn my Series X off and they are all installed when I turn it back on the next day
Thema:

1. My series S console won't queue games to install, I can only download game updates. - Similar Threads - series console won't

2. When Updates Are Coming to Series S and X Consoles

in XBoX on Consoles
    When Updates Are Coming to Series S and X Consoles: *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** c56da21c-daf2-404a-bc36-10e94434f9a0
  3. My Series X Controller refuses to connect and doesn't register any console.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Series X Controller refuses to connect and doesn't register any console.: Not sure how much more descriptive I can be. And before you say to use the sync buttons, guess what? The one on my Xbox doesn't work, so that won't be a useful piece of advice. Already tried the...
  4. series s console taking a long time to load wireless card for controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    series s console taking a long time to load wireless card for controllers?: I been noticing when I turn on my xbox console the wireless card for the controllers takes a long time to initialize can anyone help me with this? I did try a factory reset but that didnt work...
  5. Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?: Hello, I bought the series X last week and I have had constant issues with Xbox not connecting to the WiFi, after it was set up, when I start the system. Absolutely nothing changes. The system...
  6. Xbox Series X Console Audio Interruption Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Console Audio Interruption Issue: Subject: Xbox Series X Console Audio Interruption Issue Description: I am experiencing a recurring issue with my Xbox Series X console related to headset audio interruptions. Regardless of the...
  7. Anyone else have issues with the Elite Series 2 LB/RB buttons not responding with the console?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Anyone else have issues with the Elite Series 2 LB/RB buttons not responding with the console?: I've already dealt with AND deal with my controller disconnecting from the Xbox Series X whether it's connected to the console by USB cable or not. It REQUIRES being hooked up to disconnect LESS...
  8. Why won't my series x let me add my cousins xbox account onto my console

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why won't my series x let me add my cousins xbox account onto my console: In trying to add my cousins add my cousins account to my xbox so I can play some of his games and every time I try to sign in I have to put the info in twice and then it gives me a infinite...
  9. Xbox Series X won't turn on, and the light on the xbox button on the console only stays on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X won't turn on, and the light on the xbox button on the console only stays on...: When I try to turn my Xbox Series X on by pressing the power button, it plays the "power on" sound and the light goes on for around 1 - 1.5 minutes before turning back off. It was working before,...
  10. My xbox series x won't install or download items from shop. Already reset console,...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x won't install or download items from shop. Already reset console,...: Installation just stops. Trying again just shows it where it stopped, doesn't move, then concludes. Won't allow me to update any games either. 1e89461f-55ba-4c70-a82e-620c5a003407