My security protocol won't work but I'm using one that does

Discus and support My security protocol won't work but I'm using one that does in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I'm having a wifi issue with my Xbox. For months my Xbox wifi would turn on and off and I couldn't find out why and when It quit turning back... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LilyAnn Hatton, May 21, 2023.

1. My security protocol won't work but I'm using one that does

Hello,

I'm having a wifi issue with my Xbox. For months my Xbox wifi would turn on and off and I couldn't find out why and when It quit turning back on I factory reset (keeping my data and games) and now I am unable to get back into the Xbox because when I log into my wifi it tells me my security protocol won't work and says I need to use WPA2 and WPA3 when I checked what I was using on my wifi. I was using the WPA2 and WPA3 and it still wouldn't work I even tried using my hotspot and it said the same thing after I changed my SP multiple times on my hotspot. Something is seriously wrong and I'm sick of it.

:)

LilyAnn Hatton, May 21, 2023
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Hello LilyAnn Hatton,

Thank you for sharing your concern here in Xbox Community Forum and we hope that all is well.

Based on the description, you are having issue connecting your Xbox console to the Xbox Network due to security protocol issues with your Wifi. Let us see and check on what we can do to help address your concern.

Before we proceed any further, we would like to ask few questions to help us isolate the issue further.

1. Is this the first time you are connecting your Xbox console to your home network?
    2. Has there been any changes with the internet provider or changes with the device before this issue happen?
    3. Can you connect your other devices like your phone or Windows PC to your home network and is working fine?
    4. How do you connect your Xbox console to your internet? Is it wired or wireless?

Before we begin troubleshooting your connection, check first for any Xbox Service alerts or interruptions. To check go the link below:

If you see any alerts. wait until the service is up and running and then try again.

Since you are getting an error when you try to connect, follow the steps on how to setup your Xbox console to your wireless network. Follow the troubleshooting procedure that you can find through the link below:

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Emma Watson Blakemor Win User

Hi Tomm

I have the same issue all of a sudden. All other devices connect, tried manually connecting via SSID.

Troubleshooting pages do not help.

Tried to do a console reset, saving all game data but it still won't connect.
  4. Tomm_A Win User

Hello,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume your problem has been solved. We won't be monitoring this topic going forward, so if you need more help, please create a new topic to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com).

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully

Microsoft Community
  5. EatenLeader08 Win User

Security protocol won't work

saying security protocol error
  6. xEvilShadowx187 Win User

how do you change your router' security protocol

If your Xbox one is saying "Your security protocol won't work". You can try unplugging the Xbox one for a few seconds and plug it back in then try. I see this has helped other users that had their xbox one saying security protocol issue.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/xba_console/quotyour-security-protocol-won39t-workquot/47fb8c51-cb08-44d1-9c8c-374800b8ff64

Im just adding this here incase that's the issue you are having so you may try it :)
Thema:

1. My security protocol won't work but I'm using one that does - Similar Threads - security protocol won't

2. can i bypass the security info change as i recently installed a new cpu and it corrupted my pin

in XBoX on Windows
    can i bypass the security info change as i recently installed a new cpu and it corrupted my pin: i recently installed a new cpu and had to change my info now i have to wait a month is there a quick fix? 9357e2ba-5488-4496-b3e2-20e2a6446de1
  3. How Do I Fix Security Protocol Error Message On My Xbox Series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    How Do I Fix Security Protocol Error Message On My Xbox Series S: This is an internet I have connected to before, and now it is giving me the following error message; “ Your security protocol won't work This console supports WPA2/WPA3 (personal), WA/WPA2...
  4. Every time i open BTD6 it just crashes and secure boot

in XBoX on Consoles
    Every time i open BTD6 it just crashes and secure boot: Every time i open BTD6 it just crashes immediately i don't know what it is, i bought the game from Microsoft store and i tried reinstalling it, I updated everything {so all my laptops drivers and...
  5. Info about changing my router security protocol

in XBoX on Consoles
    Info about changing my router security protocol: Why doesn't Xbox one accept my wi-fi f248937a-345f-4bff-a574-3abeb6a59da4
  6. Xbox Security Web Link Error

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Security Web Link Error: Hi! I am not able to access the security link, https://www.microsoft.com/link. I receive the following error on my PC: An error occurred while processing your request. Reference...
  7. Xbox One keeps saying "your security protocol won't work" even after a reset and even if...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One keeps saying "your security protocol won't work" even after a reset and even if...: I have been reading post after post about this and nothing is helping. From Microsoft's network troubleshooting sites, Xbox's network troubleshooting postings, every single stinking forum,...
  8. Networking connection error message “your security protocol will not work”

in XBoX on Consoles
    Networking connection error message “your security protocol will not work”: So I haven’t been on my Xbox one in a while and I’ve just started him up and tried connecting to the internet, it is saying “this console supports WPA/WPA2 (personal), WEP network security...
  9. Is xbox one X going to upgrade security protocol?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is xbox one X going to upgrade security protocol?: Having issues with someone remotely disconnecting my xbox one x controller which is plugged into the usb port. It’s only a 1,000$ piece of equipment. Just twitch streaming with 1 rando using...
  10. Xbox One not connecting to internet “Your security protocol won't work”

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One not connecting to internet “Your security protocol won't work”: I have recently tried to start using an Xbox One after a few years of not using it. It managed to do a system update just fine, but now refuses to connect. It displays the error “Your security...