my screen turns black when playing certain games

Discus and support my screen turns black when playing certain games in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; whenever i play cod vanguard or wwe 2k20, my tv screen will randomly turn black but i'm still able to hear the audio. every time this happens, i need... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by envius., Nov 30, 2021.

1. envius.
    envius. Guest

whenever i play cod vanguard or wwe 2k20, my tv screen will randomly turn black but i'm still able to hear the audio. every time this happens, i need to replug the hdmi cable for it to work a for few minutes but then it goes black again. it doesn't happen for any other game so i'm confused about if the issue is in the hdmi cable or if it's an xbox error and was wondering if anyone can help. thank you.

:)

envius., Nov 30, 2021
  2. L4c3rd4 Win User

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey Envius, how are you today? Hope you're well.

That happened to me already too. What helped was resetting the console through the troubleshooting menu.

So, let's try this:

If your console is a digital version, try this way:

1. Turn off your Xbox completely by holding the power button for 10 seconds. Unplug it from the wall, wait for 1 minute, and plug it back.

2. Press and hold the Sync button.

3. Press the power button, and keep holding the Sync button.

4. Keep holding the Sync button, until the troubleshooting menu appears.

5. Select the option "restore this xbox" and choose keep my games and apps.

If your console is not a digital version (Has the disc reader)

1. Turn off your Xbox completely by holding the power button for 10 seconds. Unplug it from the wall, wait for 1 minute, and plug it back.

2. Press and hold the Sync and Eject buttons.

3. Press the power button, and keep holding the Sync and Eject buttons together.

4. Keep holding the Sync and Eject buttons, until the troubleshooting menu appears.

5. Select the option "restore this xbox" and choose keep my games and apps.
  3. Anton Duvenhage Win User

Flashing Black screen. LG tv, Xbox one s

No they are not 4k tv's. Only mine. On the other tv's doesn't matter what resolution I use. It flashes and black screen. On my tv no flashes on 1440p only when playing certain games and streaming it flashing black screen and no signal. But on 1440p it starts up no problem. Going through menus no problem. Playing call of duty problem.
  4. A Wraith God Win User

Screen flickering pixels across screen

Whenever i turn on the xbox, large chunks of pixels flicker across my monitor. Then the screen goes black and turns back on to show the same thing happening. Please help.
    Have you changed any of the display settings? Having certain settings on certain screens may display incorrectly.
  5. Talkingset6045 Win User

XBox One X keeps turning off

No it does not turn the screen black but one time I was playing fortnite and then suddenly my screen turned black and I had to turn of my xbox. P.S. I liked your joke!
  6. SCS Skreamies Win User

xbox turning off

Extra information.

When turning on my tv, I have a blue screen which says no signal (this is normal) but when I turn my xbox on, it flicks between this blue screen and a black screen really quick
Thema:

1. my screen turns black when playing certain games - Similar Threads - screen turns black

2. Xbox One X Turns On but Black Screen with No Signal

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One X Turns On but Black Screen with No Signal: I just bought a used Xbox One X from Amazon first day it worked but next day I had a black screen with no signal I used 2 separate hdmi cables 2 separate TVs and 2 separate power cables everything...
  3. Monitor turning on but screen is black. Any Help?

in XBoX on Windows
    Monitor turning on but screen is black. Any Help?: So i have a KOORUI 24 inch 165 hz monitor I had just recently bought and everything has been perfect, it was great up until now. I have both and xbox and a pc and the monitor does not work on...
  4. My Xbox was stuck on the green loading screen then it turns black how can I fix it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox was stuck on the green loading screen then it turns black how can I fix it: My Xbox turned on to the loading screen it’s green about three minutes later it turns black how can I fix that ed758c99-f9d4-43fe-8b08-b304a456a3e4
  5. Xbox S black screen and turns itself off no reset screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox S black screen and turns itself off no reset screen: I haven’t used my Xbox S in about 2 weeks. Sat down to play tonight, and nothing. First, the power comes on, but no screen appears. Then after about 20 seconds the Xbox S powers off on its own....
  6. When I go to play some games when it loads my screen turns black and everything even the ui...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I go to play some games when it loads my screen turns black and everything even the ui...: When I go to play games my screen will go black and things will be more gray than usual but it's only for some games c1461ca9-ecee-4ba9-988f-3c763490d90b
  7. Laptop screen turns black and the whole device freezes after launching Valorant

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Laptop screen turns black and the whole device freezes after launching Valorant: My device screen turns black after launching Valorant. Not only that, it freezes my whole system too which is why I have to hold power button to shut down the laptop. I tried uninstalling and then...
  8. Why does screen turn black except for the health bar

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does screen turn black except for the health bar: Just all of a sudden about couple weeks ago went to play Jedi Fallen Order and it goes to main menu like normal but when I did to continue it went to where I last left off and showed a little bit...
  9. I restarted my Xbox and accidentally turned it off and don’t now my screen is all black and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I restarted my Xbox and accidentally turned it off and don’t now my screen is all black and...: I restarted my xbox and accidentally turned it off and now when I click on the off Byron it stays on and my screen is black if anyone can help that would be great...
  10. My screen is turning purple/black while playing COD 2019 it also doesn't let me see my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My screen is turning purple/black while playing COD 2019 it also doesn't let me see my...: Idk what to do I've used 2 tvs and restarted and Googled what to do but I can't get it to stop for good 5b917a13-d3a5-43cc-83f5-bcef813eccc1