My screen turn on black when i try to run a game on 120 FPS

Discus and support My screen turn on black when i try to run a game on 120 FPS in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When i try to run a game on 120 FPS in Xbox series S the screen turn on black My tv is " Samsung Q70A " And the HDMI cable is the original cable... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Eslam Hamdy, Oct 26, 2022.

1. Eslam Hamdy
    Eslam Hamdy Guest

When i try to run a game on 120 FPS in Xbox series S the screen turn on black

My tv is " Samsung Q70A "

And the HDMI cable is the original cable that came with the device

:)

Eslam Hamdy, Oct 26, 2022
  2. ATCUSN Win User

It looks like our Samsung Q70A supports 120 FPS, the problem may be your HDMI cable.

To run 4K at 120FPS you need an ultra-high speed HDMI 2.1 cable rated at 48gbps.
  3. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Eslam, does this happen with all games or just with a specific game?

See the link below how to set up your console to 120 FPS.

"Games that have been boosted to 120 FPS require a 120 Hz-capable TV and your console's display settings set to 120 Hz. If your TV or console is not configured to support 120 Hz, FPS boost will be grayed out."

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/hardware-ne...
  4. ngocphi Win User

What resolution are you trying to run at

If 4k 120 Hz then no it won't run at thaf

The max for series s is 1440p at 120hz

It will play at 4k bur only some games and with issues

The series s is meant for 1080p 120 max

With suggested 90hz

The xbox series x and ps5 and switch pro are the only 4k consoles

One x does 4k at 30hz and ps4 pro upscales
  5. דודרביבו Win User

Xbox series x sound lags on menu games while move

Hi

I try few more things

1. When i down from 120 fps to 60 fps - the problem fixed (but is important to me to stay on 120 fps)

2. When i turned off the option on my tv called :

instant game response

It’s also fixed but not good play on this mode (fps down and more)

Hope it’s will help you to help me :)
  6. C.V.N. Win User

1440 @120hz or 4K HDR @60hz

The game itself also has to be enable from the devs to run at 120 FPS. I don’t know of any AAA games on XOX that are able to run at 1440p 120 FPS.
Thema:

1. My screen turn on black when i try to run a game on 120 FPS - Similar Threads - screen turn black

2. Xbox One X Turns On but Black Screen with No Signal

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One X Turns On but Black Screen with No Signal: I just bought a used Xbox One X from Amazon first day it worked but next day I had a black screen with no signal I used 2 separate hdmi cables 2 separate TVs and 2 separate power cables everything...
  3. Monitor turning on but screen is black. Any Help?

in XBoX on Windows
    Monitor turning on but screen is black. Any Help?: So i have a KOORUI 24 inch 165 hz monitor I had just recently bought and everything has been perfect, it was great up until now. I have both and xbox and a pc and the monitor does not work on...
  4. My Xbox was stuck on the green loading screen then it turns black how can I fix it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox was stuck on the green loading screen then it turns black how can I fix it: My Xbox turned on to the loading screen it’s green about three minutes later it turns black how can I fix that ed758c99-f9d4-43fe-8b08-b304a456a3e4
  5. Xbox S black screen and turns itself off no reset screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox S black screen and turns itself off no reset screen: I haven’t used my Xbox S in about 2 weeks. Sat down to play tonight, and nothing. First, the power comes on, but no screen appears. Then after about 20 seconds the Xbox S powers off on its own....
  6. When I go to play some games when it loads my screen turns black and everything even the ui...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I go to play some games when it loads my screen turns black and everything even the ui...: When I go to play games my screen will go black and things will be more gray than usual but it's only for some games c1461ca9-ecee-4ba9-988f-3c763490d90b
  7. Laptop screen turns black and the whole device freezes after launching Valorant

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Laptop screen turns black and the whole device freezes after launching Valorant: My device screen turns black after launching Valorant. Not only that, it freezes my whole system too which is why I have to hold power button to shut down the laptop. I tried uninstalling and then...
  8. Why does screen turn black except for the health bar

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does screen turn black except for the health bar: Just all of a sudden about couple weeks ago went to play Jedi Fallen Order and it goes to main menu like normal but when I did to continue it went to where I last left off and showed a little bit...
  9. I restarted my Xbox and accidentally turned it off and don’t now my screen is all black and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I restarted my Xbox and accidentally turned it off and don’t now my screen is all black and...: I restarted my xbox and accidentally turned it off and now when I click on the off Byron it stays on and my screen is black if anyone can help that would be great...
  10. My screen is turning purple/black while playing COD 2019 it also doesn't let me see my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My screen is turning purple/black while playing COD 2019 it also doesn't let me see my...: Idk what to do I've used 2 tvs and restarted and Googled what to do but I can't get it to stop for good 5b917a13-d3a5-43cc-83f5-bcef813eccc1