My saved game won't carry over from xcloud to the downloaded game

Discus and support My saved game won't carry over from xcloud to the downloaded game in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Currently playing through Mechwarrior 5, started out playing it through xcloud on PC, but really enjoyed it and wanted to continue the game after... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by JM1221, Dec 1, 2021.

1. JM1221
    JM1221 Guest

Currently playing through Mechwarrior 5, started out playing it through xcloud on PC, but really enjoyed it and wanted to continue the game after properly downloading it (wouldn't have buffering, would look better, etc.) on PC. However my progress wasn't transferred over to the it when I downloaded it. I've tried reinstalling it, but that hasn't worked. Is there a way to have it sync?

:)

JM1221, Dec 1, 2021
  2. XBF-JoannaDark Win User

Hi JM1221,

Thanks for reaching out to the Xbox forums! I am sorry to hear that you are struggling with Mech Warrior 5 and accessing your cloud gaming save on PC. After extensively researching your issue, I discovered that this title unfortunately only supports cloud saves between xCloud and Xbox consoles. This issue is specifically tied to this game as, usually, Xbox Play Anywhere titles do support cross-progression across cloud, console, and PC.

I hope these suggestions help! If this answers your question, please mark the thread as “Answered.”
  3. R4VER Win User

Transferring Game Progress

Some games the save data will carry over via cloud saves for games but it won't necessarily work for all games
  4. Bark_LB Win User

How to Transfer data from old Xbox one to new Xbox oneS

The games will have to be downloaded again from your my games and apps --> games i own section. all of your cloud saves and settings will carry over without and effort from you. However, unless you have an external hard drive to transfer the games to and
    from each console you will have to download them again.
  5. shadow walkerOZ Win User

The Walking Dead season 2 and The Wolf Among us Black Screen

Well, that didn't fix anything. It downloaded my profile without a problem, but won't re-download the game saves from the cloud storage and still won't download anything from the marketplace.

Well we had a decent 9 year run, but at this point, I'm officially over it. If it won't download any of my purchases, then I might as well get rid of it.
  6. John Dowding Win User

Destiny Question

if the demo allows you to carry a character over it won't matter where your game comes from.
Thema:

1. My saved game won't carry over from xcloud to the downloaded game - Similar Threads - saved game won't

2. after selecting "Clear local saved games" i got a DNS error that won't go away

in XBoX on Consoles
    after selecting "Clear local saved games" i got a DNS error that won't go away: i was having trouble downloading GTA V which i saw a lot of people do and someone said to clear local saved games in settings in which i did, i then booted up my xbox series X to find my...
  3. Saved game won't finish loading.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Saved game won't finish loading.: Just started playing Hogwarts Legacy and have a saved gamed. Only one and when I select to start/ use my saved game it will do all the parts you normally go through, but just stays on the load...
  4. "We can't save more data for this game or app" won't go away

in XBoX on Consoles
    "We can't save more data for this game or app" won't go away: I keep getting this message everytime I open a game on my Xbox Series X I've deleted games and deleted save data but nothing has fixed it 8018d693-54ac-4bd2-9175-3a80a7444e12
  5. Starfield running out of save game space as game save gets larger and soon won't allow...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield running out of save game space as game save gets larger and soon won't allow...: I couldn't find a more descriptive tag for this issue. I am playing Starfield on PC Gamepass and I am going to run out of save space extremely soon. I have looked online for a solution to this...
  6. The Sims 4 Saved Game won't load

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The Sims 4 Saved Game won't load: I'm having issues with my Sims 4 loading my saved game for the last week or 2. I can get to the home screen just fine. I click to "resume" my game and the loading bar gets all the way to the end...
  7. XBOX series X won't save my game settings

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX series X won't save my game settings: Greeting. A few days ago I bought an XBOX series X bundled with Game pass and I noticed that in certain games the console does not save my settings such as video or audio settings. So every time I...
  8. Dead Cells won't load my save game because it says that I need a more "recent version of...

in XBoX on Windows
    Dead Cells won't load my save game because it says that I need a more "recent version of...: I started playing Dead Cell, which is included in the Game Pass, some time ago. I must have 20 hours by now in my first save. Today, when I tried to play it, it told me that it wasn't possible to...
  9. Halo 5: Guardians won't save my game modes! (2022)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo 5: Guardians won't save my game modes! (2022): I keep on trying to save a game mode for my custom games, but it says "Save Error. We could not save your file at this time. Please try again." so when I try again, it shows me the same thing! I...
  10. Game Pass PC Settings won't save

in XboX Insiders
    Game Pass PC Settings won't save: I am not able to save my settings in the xbox app on pc. I keep selecting the option for a shortcut to be made on the desktop when I install and I chose a different drive to be my default instal...