My remote disconnects but the power button stays on

Discus and support My remote disconnects but the power button stays on in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I plugged in my xbox yesterday and started watching tv and even played a little. I decide to switch games and the controller was still fine, Then 4 min... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Diego Mojica1, Jan 29, 2023.

1. My remote disconnects but the power button stays on

I plugged in my xbox yesterday and started watching tv and even played a little. I decide to switch games and the controller was still fine, Then 4 min into my first game my controller stops working but the screen doesn’t show the usual “need a controller to play” or say that i need to turn it on. I would press the home button and every other button and it still wouldn’t work. I thought it was the batteries and maybe my controller is just staying on coincidentally. I charged my batteries and tried playing the next day and my controller still disconnects and reconnects as it pleases but it never actually turns off.

:)

Diego Mojica1, Jan 29, 2023
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi,

Do you have any other controllers to test if they are working fine? What happens if you remove the batteries and play with the controller connected directly with a USB cable? The Xbox can power a controller without batteries attached.

If it works without issue with the cable, it might indicated a fault with the controller's wireless hardware.
  3. KSAnnihilation Win User

Controller connected but won't work?!?!?!?

My problem is similar to brydog23

my controller works fine until it disconnects, be it i disconnected it or it stayed idle for 15 minutes, after that i hold the xbox button and the controller shows its connected, however no buttons work, not even if another controller was connected, the
    Kinect works fine however to reconnect the controller i have to power-cycle the console every-time.
  4. CrazyClamzz MLG Win User

Controller

I'm not sure what I would have to look at in the troubleshooting. Like my controller stays on and everything it's almost like it disconnects but stays connected. It says the controller is on but the buttons don't work. I have to power cycle my Xbox to
    make both of my controllers work again. It keeps happening though.
  5. CrazyClamzz MLG Win User

Controller

I'm not sure what I would have to look at in the troubleshooting. Like my controller stays on and everything it's almost like it disconnects but stays connected. It says the controller is on but the buttons don't work. I have to power cycle my Xbox to
    make both of my controllers work again. It keeps happening though.
  6. RTYPE1987 Win User

Xbox controller Elite series 2 disconnecting issues

I doubt is the 5G interference when the the radio is 2.4G. I think it might be a combination of software and hardware issue. When I play before it disconnects the character in the game becomes unresponsive and then the console tells you the controller
    has been disconnected. The light on the power button stays on and it doesn't respond to no button presses until it reconnects on its own.
Thema:

1. My remote disconnects but the power button stays on - Similar Threads - remote disconnects power

2. Contacting an Agent and Remote Play on Mac

in XBoX on Windows
    Contacting an Agent and Remote Play on Mac: I liked my new Xbox Series S. Bang for every buck and better than its competitor on various categories. However, I am disappointed with Microsoft Xbox support. It is impossible to get in touch...
  3. audio but no video with remote play on pc

in XboX Insiders
    audio but no video with remote play on pc: been trying to use remote play on my laptop from my series s but all i get is the audio from my game with no video. Tried with my phone and worked perfectly. I've tried closing and reopening,...
  4. Remote play not working properly

in XboX Insiders
    Remote play not working properly: Xbox remote play is displaying in the top left and stretching the rest of the display across the screen, this happened after a good first attempt then this happened every time after. Does anyone...
  5. No Install button for remote download

in XBoX on Consoles
    No Install button for remote download: Hey yall hope you can help a brother out. I'm having an issue where I can't remote download a game to my xbox and yes, I've done everything Microsoft had said and even some of yall but I got no...
  6. Headphones disconnect when going to remote play.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headphones disconnect when going to remote play.: When using Xbox one and Xbox companion app on IPhone. I join a party in the app and can talk through my headphones. As soon as I remote play a game on the app, my headphones disconnect from my...
  7. Xbox Remote Play connects for a bit then disconnects (Wired Network)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Remote Play connects for a bit then disconnects (Wired Network): Hello, I apologize if this question has been asked before, but I haven't seen any post regarding my issue on a wired network. Some clarifications: - I am running a Windows 11 machine. - I have...
  8. Quit remote play first Disconnect your remote play session to play games from the cloud,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Quit remote play first Disconnect your remote play session to play games from the cloud,...: When trying to play remotely on my phone I get this message Quit remote play first Disconnect your remote play session to play games from the cloud, or launch something that's already installed....
  9. Remote disconnecting from Xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote disconnecting from Xbox one: I currently own an Xbox one. I am not sure what remote I originally had but it started draining batteries very quickly and was not responding/performing as well as it should have. The remote then...
  10. Remote play keeps disconnecting shortly after connection while trying to stream

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote play keeps disconnecting shortly after connection while trying to stream: I recently wanted to start streaming and I found out that a good way to start setting that up for Xbox games is through remote play, but every time that I log onto the Xbox app for my PC for...