My recently dowloaded gamepass games wont work and i get error code 0x8b100042

Discus and support My recently dowloaded gamepass games wont work and i get error code 0x8b100042 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When i try to play madden 23 or tom clancys ghost recon: wildlands, which i recently dowloaded from gamepass, wont work and say error code 0x8b100042.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Braden Bakowski, Mar 12, 2023.

1. My recently dowloaded gamepass games wont work and i get error code 0x8b100042

When i try to play madden 23 or tom clancys ghost recon: wildlands, which i recently dowloaded from gamepass, wont work and say error code 0x8b100042. How can i solve this issue?

:)

Braden Bakowski, Mar 12, 2023
  2. pdrw6 Win User

It's a problem on Microsoft/Xbox's end, but they have to give us the procedures.

It's like they'll get yelled out or tsk-tsked if they don't.

Basically ignore the ambassadors since they can't help us.
  3. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

According to Xbox support:

"We’re currently investigating this error. In the meantime, try the solutions below."

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/errors/erro...

We may need to perform troubleshooting steps, Braden. Please perform a powercycle on your console by following the steps below:

​​​

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​
  4. Bll0DyHell Win User

I cannot launch any game from game pass since yesterday, only the games i own can
  5. MatsN67 Win User

Can only download one game from xbox in win11

This is the error code i get in xbox app when i dowloading through my iphone. 0x87e00017
  6. RubenFabian1 Win User

Gaming and apps

I got a error saying to sign in but im on my account that had the gamepass on it but it still wont let me play gamepass games and when i check the game is still on gamepass
Thema:

1. My recently dowloaded gamepass games wont work and i get error code 0x8b100042 - Similar Threads - recently dowloaded gamepass

2. My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it...

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it...: My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it has no issue playing games for hours at a time the system has been cleaned and I've signed in and out of...
  3. so I moved to a hotel recently and I tried to connect the wifi to my xbox but each time I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    so I moved to a hotel recently and I tried to connect the wifi to my xbox but each time I...: just a white screen each time 6ab90404-d3b6-476c-a2ae-940c9e82331f
  4. Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...: I think a part in the left joystick might be damaged 53186acc-eb61-41c4-9da1-5f6732e77bf3
  5. can i bypass the security info change as i recently installed a new cpu and it corrupted my pin

in XBoX on Windows
    can i bypass the security info change as i recently installed a new cpu and it corrupted my pin: i recently installed a new cpu and had to change my info now i have to wait a month is there a quick fix? 9357e2ba-5488-4496-b3e2-20e2a6446de1
  6. Why does my Xbox One X no longer work after a recent update?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox One X no longer work after a recent update?: Planned Obsolescence. This is to drive revenue. There should be a lawsuit filed soon. Everyone can join in. I'll provide details. 1c74f1cd-4ba2-46e5-bb63-4b0c64c9622e
  7. Microphone not working on xbox app since most recent update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microphone not working on xbox app since most recent update: even tho microsoft employees on this forum is as useful as rubbing a countertop with a dry asf overused napkin, i wanted to see if i could see even a glimmer of help from them, since the most...
  8. why is the recent OSU is dated back in August of 2021?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why is the recent OSU is dated back in August of 2021?: I just want the most recent OSU f3ece180-f3b6-4c18-9f4d-97752fa7aa83
  9. Capture Saving not correctly showing correct folder for recent captures

in XBoX on Windows
    Capture Saving not correctly showing correct folder for recent captures: Last week i wanted to save my captures to my external hard drive. instead of saving them to a specific folder within the harddrive, i had them save to the entire hard drive its self. because of...
  10. I recently purchased a lg 27gl83 a-b and my xbox series x wont let me select 120hz for...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I recently purchased a lg 27gl83 a-b and my xbox series x wont let me select 120hz for...: Any information is helpful as I have tried various settings on the monitor and xbox series x. I am trying to use 1440p at 120 hz. 793a1ab1-cd00-45fa-8f94-c46cc58eb960