My ps5 support 1440p at 120hz with hdr but my xbox series x can't let me use hdr if 4k is...

Discus and support My ps5 support 1440p at 120hz with hdr but my xbox series x can't let me use hdr if 4k is... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; my Xbox support 1440p with.120 but won't enable hdr it says it on, but nothing happens i realized u need 4k to make hdr work and i want to try hdr at... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Complex2984, Jan 4, 2023.

1. Complex2984
    Complex2984 Guest

My ps5 support 1440p at 120hz with hdr but my xbox series x can't let me use hdr if 4k is...

my Xbox support 1440p with.120 but won't enable hdr it says it on, but nothing happens i realized u need 4k to make hdr work and i want to try hdr at 1440p

:)

Complex2984, Jan 4, 2023
  2. robertmccall2 Win User

FHD HDR

Xbox only support hdr on 4k so we that have a xbox series s and 1080p 1440p hdr 120hz screen cannot get hdr because its not 4k. On ps4 it works tho 1080p hdr.
  3. robertmccall2 Win User

4K/1440p HDR

Microsoft locked hdr to 4k so if ur monitor dont accept 4k signals ( tick allow 4k box in settings must be selected for hdr) it doesnt work on 1080p 1440p displays usually only if they accept 4k signals. Because microsoft locked it since xbox one s and
    one x. It is hard to understand why they not allow it now because they have xbox series s 1440p 120hz hdr console right?
  4. MANU85mdr Win User

Xbox Series X 4K HDR blu-ray to SDR bug

Since my TV does not support HDR, I cannot activate it and it is disabled by default.

As I really like Interstellar, it was offered to me in 4k without knowing that I do not have a 4k TV.

What I mean is Xbox series X has a very dark image with HDR blu-ray. But when I watch HDR blu-ray on my PS5 I have no problem.

I think Xbox series x is not converting HDR to SDR correctly but that the ps5 yes.

On the other hand, blu-ray 4k comes out very well on a 1080p TV.
  5. JasonHalliburton Win User

Will Xbox series x/s have more monitors that run 1440p @ 120hz than current gen consoles?

I have a Samsung CHG70, it supports 1440P 120hz. If you want HDR you have to set it for freesync on the monitor and turn VRR on the xbox. Im hoping the series x supports 1440P 120hz with HDR on and not having to turn freesync on at all because its only
    limited to 80fps i believe.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Will Xbox Series X/S support HDR for 1440p or 1080p monitors that don't accept 4k UHD signals?

Hi,

It would seem so looking at this
    link direct from Dolby
    . And I'm sure the same would apply to HDR 10 as well.

Since the series is designed to be a 1440P (2560x1440) console, it would be a little silly on Microsoft's part to not allow HDR on Series S/X on none 4K displays.

I'm still at a loss as to why they don't allow it now on Xbox One X. There's no technical reason for it's absence, HDR itself isn't reliant on a 4K resolution to function. The monitor I use for my PC is capable of HDR and it works fine at 1440P on my gaming
    PC. My One X doesn't see though.

I'm pretty sure this will change with Series X/S with more and more players opting for gaming monitors with 120Hz refresh rates and freeSync support. 1440P monitors are very popular for cost and performance.
Thema:

1. My ps5 support 1440p at 120hz with hdr but my xbox series x can't let me use hdr if 4k is... - Similar Threads - ps5 support 1440p

2. I need to know when I port foreword my Xbox series x and a PS5 which is in a different...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need to know when I port foreword my Xbox series x and a PS5 which is in a different...: I need to know when I port foreword my Xbox series x and a PS5 which is in a different state what ports should we be using together?? 5e398a5b-b296-45e2-917d-433a5ea68499
  3. Audio Issue. PS5 headphones are so quiet on my gaming laptop but not on my HP??

in XBoX on Windows
    Audio Issue. PS5 headphones are so quiet on my gaming laptop but not on my HP??: I've tried everything, my headphones are sooo quiet on my laptop despite the volume settings being on 100%. The problem started after I used my earphones plugging them into the headphone jack and...
  4. I'm trying to connect my PS5 controller via bluetooth, and the controller isn't getting...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm trying to connect my PS5 controller via bluetooth, and the controller isn't getting...: I can connect the controller via a USB cable, and it will kind of connect, where steam can register that a controller is connected, but I can't actually do anything in any of the games with the...
  5. I lag non stop but only when my brothers ps5 is online

in XBoX Accessibility
    I lag non stop but only when my brothers ps5 is online: Is there a fix to this problem because its only been happening for a couple of weeks 109232d6-04d6-46f5-8ea2-81e94af44506
  6. Help with Minecraft login on ps5?

in XBoX on Windows
    Help with Minecraft login on ps5?: Logged in fine and played on the ps4. Now on the ps5 when I try and log in, minecraft logs me in then tls me I'm already connected to another account. I only have the one Microsoft account....
  7. Input delay on all my Xboxes and my Ps5 help

in XBoX on Consoles
    Input delay on all my Xboxes and my Ps5 help: Starting around Early 2023 I noticed this slight “offness” to my game where it would feel slightly delayed and when I moved my crosshair it would move further than expected and kinda feel delayed...
  8. I can't log into my ps5 account on minecraft

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't log into my ps5 account on minecraft: When I try to log in using the two options for my account presented on my playstation for minecraft, my Microsoft automatically connects me to my Xbox profile instead of my playstation account...
  9. Account login with ps5

in XBoX on Windows
    Account login with ps5: So i came across this issue that my microsoft account has been connected to my ps5 already but that account has been deleted long ago but still saying there is a account connected and that doesn’t...
  10. Soundbar no longer working with PC. Works with PS5

in XBoX on Consoles
    Soundbar no longer working with PC. Works with PS5: My soundbar has suddenly stopped working for PC. It works for my PS5 but makes no sound for my PC. It is slected as my device and is recognized and the system is sending sound but there is no...