My PC won't play Microsoft games

Discus and support My PC won't play Microsoft games in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So I can play any other game that's not Microsoft related on my PC with no problem. Grand theft Auto 5 works perfectly fine, need for speed, etc. But... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Mega Thirst, Mar 4, 2023.

1. Mega Thirst
    Mega Thirst Guest

So I can play any other game that's not Microsoft related on my PC with no problem. Grand theft Auto 5 works perfectly fine, need for speed, etc. But when I try loading horizon 3 or 4 or Motorsport 7 game from Microsoft I'll be lucky to get past the loading screen before it crashes. It does the old Xbox thing where the audio will loop for like 5 seconds and then it crashes back to my desktop. When I was using ATI RX 580 4gb card, my whole computer would BSOD and then reload no problem, the error would be something about a powermann watt failure, so I switched to an Asus Nvidia 1080 TI and the Microsoft games still crash, but doesn't crash the whole computer. it just goes back to the desktop. I've been having this issue for years and it drives me nuts because my computer can play the games perfectly fine they just won't stay loaded. It has gotten as far as for me to be able to race around in free roam, but that's about it. I have a Dell flagship 5675, 16 gigs of RAM, my video card is 8gb. AMD ryzen 5 1400 quad-core processor. I would like to play these games on my PC but could never figure out why they keep crashing, when I can play non Microsoft related games with no problem. I play GTA5 on it the other day for like 7 hours straight no problems. I play RAID Shadow Legends with friends on the PC with no issues. My buddy was watching angry birds in 4k, while I was playing GTA v no problems on either monitor, card wasn't overheating, there was no lag..nothing. When I try loading horizon 4, game crashed while it was loading but didn't interrupt angry birds movie. So apparently it's not because I'm pushing the computer too much or it doesn't have enough power to run everything, I just don't get it! I have an older gaming computer I built years ago and it does the exact same thing....NO SENSE, NO COMPRENDE, as that's my favorite saying these days haha. Oh forgot to mention I have Windows 10 home 64-bit edition.

:)

Mega Thirst, Mar 4, 2023
  2. Dericka Win User

Hi, I'm , an Independent advisor and I can surely help you.

Don't worry we will work on this together. Can you please follow the steps on this link?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/usi...

Then please restart your PC and try it again. Thanks!
  3. Smwutches Win User

Issues downloading a game previously owned on console on PC.

You would need to purchase it through the Microsoft Store app in order to play it on PC. That game is not a Play Anywhere title, so you won't be able to play it on the PC without purchasing it for the PC.
  4. Helios Overall Win User

Red Dead Redemption 2 on xbox pc

I've read yours answers, thx a lot !

But if I buy it on the xbox store through my pc (it is possible I suppose, I have access via microsoft store), won't I be able to launch and play the game on my pc ??

And yes with a controller, that's the point, idc for that, WHAT matters is that will I be able to launch it on my pc via the xbox store ? :p With xbox sttings and all that, and a controller, no problem. I just want to be sure i can play it on my pc via xbox
    app so I don't buy the game for nothing xD Can't wait pc version to play it !
  5. ChristopherMican Win User

Apps not working after latest update

Another update, while my IP won't be out here until Thursday, I had a PC update and now my Microsoft Store won't download apps there either. So it seems to be the Microsoft Store on both Xbox and PC.
  6. Smwutches Win User

Unable to Download A Game Without having to Purchase for it Again. - Also cannot find Minecraft on the Xbox App Store

You stated you have the game for the console, but have you purchased it for the PC? If not, you can purchase the game from the Microsoft Store app. Minecraft is not Play Anywhere, so you won't be able to download it on the PC just for owning it on the console.
Thema:

1. My PC won't play Microsoft games - Similar Threads - won't play Microsoft

2. Why won't Microsoft Families allow my kid to play multiplayer?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why won't Microsoft Families allow my kid to play multiplayer?: Hello, After spending HOURS following guides, downloading the xbox family app, increasing the allowed age settings, using both the PX family settings and the xbox app, and still my kid can't even...
  3. Won't allow me to play Payday 3 because it says i need permission from the microsoft family...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Won't allow me to play Payday 3 because it says i need permission from the microsoft family...: when i go to my family all it shows it me as the owner of the microsoft family , so i don't know why i cant do anything about it. 25849e72-8e95-4f76-adcd-9d712f350209
  4. microsoft mahjong and solitaire collection won't play

in XBoX Accessibility
    microsoft mahjong and solitaire collection won't play: when i try to play microsoft mahjong and solitaire collection the main screens load but the games don't play i have uninstalled and reinstalled the games and still nothing happens...
  5. Microsoft Jigsaw - Advert won't close so can't play the game

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Jigsaw - Advert won't close so can't play the game: In jigsaw after loading the game I select the puzzle and (tried both a new one and the one in progress) Puzzle loads and then up comes the advertisement .... the advertisement does not run so the...
  6. My microsoft account won't let me play multiplayer

in XBoX Accessibility
    My microsoft account won't let me play multiplayer: I tried searching for the family settings but it doesn't show that i'm in any family group, so If anyone knows how please help! 99b38865-e46a-4e26-9cae-418100e551ba
  7. It says I'm in a family, but I'm not and now Microsoft won't let me play multiplayer Minecraft.

in XBoX Accessibility
    It says I'm in a family, but I'm not and now Microsoft won't let me play multiplayer Minecraft.: So apparently Minecraft won't let me play on servers or realms because I need to set my privacy settings, however, I can't access them because it says that I'm in a family and can't access that....
  8. Taiko no Tatsujin won't let me play because it can't log into the microsoft account

in XboX Insiders
    Taiko no Tatsujin won't let me play because it can't log into the microsoft account: When I try to play the game on Pc Gamepass, the game tells me that I can't play until I log into a Microsoft account, but since the usual pop-up doesn't appear I can't log and play the game....
  9. The *new* Microsoft edge won't allow websites to play audio.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The *new* Microsoft edge won't allow websites to play audio.: So already today the Xbox update killed my console and after an hour of so I finally got it back running. However in this time I noticed it had the new edge app installed. Didn't think much of it...
  10. I'm trying to play Microsoft solitaire and my screen freezes and won't let me play?

in XBoX on Windows
    I'm trying to play Microsoft solitaire and my screen freezes and won't let me play?: I'm trying to play Microsoft solitaire and never had a problem till yesterday and now my computer screen freezes and won't let me play and I have to unplug my computer to get out of solitaire?...