My pc keeps going form 60 to 15 fps even when im playing non demanding games, please help

Discus and support My pc keeps going form 60 to 15 fps even when im playing non demanding games, please help in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2592 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s) Adapter Type NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650, NVIDIA... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Tamser, Jul 1, 2022.

1. Tamser
    Tamser Guest

My pc keeps going form 60 to 15 fps even when im playing non demanding games, please help

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2592 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)

Adapter Type NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650, NVIDIA compatible

I do not understand, i used to play most of my games on stable 60fps at mid graphics some even high, now everything is on the absolute lowest graphics and they still dip to 15 fps, i have updated my drivers and even updates my os to windows 11 in case that'd do something but it didnt, any and all help is appreciated.

:)

Tamser, Jul 1, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

No problem, my friend.

Are you able to uninstall and install again your CPU and GPU drivers?

Please download them from your hardware manufacturer's website (Intel and Nvidia). Even though they may be the same you are using, just uninstall them using the Device Manager and install again, please. One at a time.
  3. Tamser Win User

Yea sorry none go back that far :(
  4. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, Tamser. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

The i7-9750H and the GTX 1650 are good for games. You should be able to play them on 60fps with mid to high graphics. And you mentioned you used to play them just fine, right?

May I know if you used a software to update your drivers or did you download them from the manufacturer of your pc/hardware?

And when this issue started to happen? Did you install something different or anything happened that triggered this?

Waiting for your kind reply.
  5. Tamser Win User

Hello Lucas!

I used the geforce experience software to update my drivers, the issue started happening around 1-2 months ago, i do not recall any notable things i downloaded to cause such an issue
  6. Lucas Lauer Win User

Just to rule that a driver or Windows update is causing this, would you please try to restore your system to a point where you think the game was working? If it was caused by a driver, software or update installed, it will start work normally again.

This option takes your PC back to an earlier point in time, called a system restore point. Restore points are generated when you install a new app or driver, and when you create a restore point manually. Restoring won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made.

In the search box on the taskbar, type control panel, and then choose it from the list of results

In the Control Panel search box, type recovery.

Select Recovery > Open System Restore.

In the Restore system files and setting box, select Next.

Select the restore point that you want to use in the list of results, and then select Scan for affected programs.

You'll see a list of items that will be deleted if you remove this restore point. If you're OK with the deletions, select Close > Next > Finish.

If there is no restore point available before the issue started, please let me know so we can proceed with other troubleshooting.
Thema:

1. My pc keeps going form 60 to 15 fps even when im playing non demanding games, please help - Similar Threads - keeps going form

2. My xbox wont work on my montior its a gawfolk my games keeping going black but i can run...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox wont work on my montior its a gawfolk my games keeping going black but i can run...: My xbxo games wont work on my montior f872f070-a548-4582-a136-98245b5b4086
  3. My Xbox series s (1 tb) keeps disconnecting from my Samsung tv and going blank. Any ideas?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series s (1 tb) keeps disconnecting from my Samsung tv and going blank. Any ideas?: I’ve tried lowering the settings, changing hdmi cables, console reset, factory reset, and troubleshooting it. Nothing has worked and you wouldn’t expect this from a console only 3 months old and...
  4. Why is my xbox one s keeps going to the home screen when I play grand theft auto 5

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox one s keeps going to the home screen when I play grand theft auto 5: Everytime I play grand theft auto 5 it keeps going to the home screen 0954a890-d404-4d94-9eb1-b31c4b473abc
  5. why does my xbox keep going to one guide when I turn it on?

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my xbox keep going to one guide when I turn it on?: So whenever I turn my xbox on it goes to one quide and keeps asking me to plug in a cable or satellite but I don't have any of those I usually just exit the app but it happens everytime and I'm...
  6. I have gamepass but when i go to play online, it keeps asking me to buy more game pass, how...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have gamepass but when i go to play online, it keeps asking me to buy more game pass, how...: I have gamepass but when i go to play online, it keeps asking me to buy more game pass, how to fix? 7561dab4-f81e-48f8-8d67-9e4b8d6e2702
  7. My Xbox download speed keeps going down.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox download speed keeps going down.: I have a 100mbps download speed network and When I download something my Xbox gets to around 78-83 mbps and then it keeps going down I need a fix for this because I’ve tried every way possible to...
  8. YouTube app keeps freezing, going to a black screen.

in XBoX on Windows
    YouTube app keeps freezing, going to a black screen.: YouTube keeps freezing and going to a black screen. Watch one video it does that sometimes I can't watch no video 6e9f3420-63e9-4fe7-898d-d8152daab9ee
  9. I can't access Xbox series X console, when I turn it on it keeps telling me to go to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't access Xbox series X console, when I turn it on it keeps telling me to go to...: I can't access Xbox series X console, when I turn it on I get a message to go to microsoft.com/link and enter a code. Where do I enter the code? c3e4ec3b-c415-46cb-bb34-bcea4197c1b4
  10. Is Microsoft going to keep releasing games on the xbox one x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is Microsoft going to keep releasing games on the xbox one x: Microsoft said they would quit releasing games for xbox one does that include the xbox one x 1946c492-1570-4d90-9871-e55c4e46fcd1