My PC doesn't have the drivers for Xbox One S controllers and I don't know what to do

Discus and support My PC doesn't have the drivers for Xbox One S controllers and I don't know what to do in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I'm trying to use my Xbox One S controller on my PC via USB so I can play my steam games, but when I connect it well it doesn't work and when I check... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by brandanscott1, Nov 12, 2022.

1. My PC doesn't have the drivers for Xbox One S controllers and I don't know what to do

I'm trying to use my Xbox One S controller on my PC via USB so I can play my steam games, but when I connect it well it doesn't work and when I check the Device Manager. I don't even seem to have the drivers for it.

:)

brandanscott1, Nov 12, 2022
  2. andersonpassos Win User

My PC doesn't have the drivers for Xbox One S controllers and I don't know what to do

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good morning

It is necessary to make sure that the usb cable you are using is a data cable, in general people connect their controller with a cable to charge the batteries, and this type of cable does not work as data, it is not possible to play with it.
  3. brandanscott1 Win User

Its a cable for both

I made sure when I baught it
  4. andersonpassos Win User

in this case I believe you used it on another device and both controls worked in the case?

Dual cables can often fail.

if it didn't work anywhere even the cable may be defective.
  5. DaermonGarrigus Win User

Xbox Elite Controller 2 will not connect VIA usb or Bluetooth to my pc

My mistake, i failed to mention it was the version 2. Also it doesn't work wired or wireless with my pc. Pc doesn't see it wia Bluetooth and says that device has faied to be recognized. Yet works fine with the Xbox.
    Gotcha, does it show up under device manager as failed device (or not working) Control Panel > Device Manager (will like appear under Human Interface Devices). If it does, try uninstalling it from there and removing drivers and try installing it again.

Yup, that was my first thing I did. Uninstalled, reinstalled, disabled, enabled. Ran windows updates, updated to 2004. Reinstalled Bluetooth drivers, tested other Xbox one controllers. Honestly don't know what else to do. Of course Microsoft doesn't have
    the drivers public so can't manually install them. Then what I don't get is that it works just fine with the Xbox.
  6. JakeInYoPants Win User

Xbox One Wired Controller Issue

DeathzMeasure,

PDP did reply but i did not have any luck with their support either. They only suggested i do the same of removing the driver and reinstalling it. They even linked me to the Microsoft download page for the driver for Xbox One Controller to PC:

"
    support.xbox.com/.../connect-xbox-one-controller-to-pc"

But for me it has been of no use. I have this driver already and of all the conclusions i can come up with is that in my process of installing this driver and using this controller directly without previously having installed a Xbox One controller, my PC
    doesn't really have the correct driver for this compatible controller to pick up on even though i've provided it with the download from the microsoft page. It feels to me that even though i've gone through this process countless times by now, that the driver
    itself doesn't uninstall completely. Thus not allowing for a fresh reinstall. The update service itself won't work for finding the driver because i don't own an official xbox one controller for the update service to use when looking for a driver. It's such
    a shame because i bought this controller in hopes of playing Fallout 4 on my PC with a new controller (I do have and use the keyboard and own an xbox 360 controller but that controller is going out on one of the joysticks, i've had it for so many years now,
    it's to be expected) but i'm unable to get it to work because the controller itself is not plug and play.

I'm really at a loss of what else to do at this point, i have no one left to contact for support but Bethesda themselves but i'm sure they'll just redirect me to PDP support or Microsoft support. I just need someone who really knows drivers at a much more
    experienced level than i do. Something that would involve the Drive Association Service. I just want my controller to work, is that too much to ask for?
Thema:

1. My PC doesn't have the drivers for Xbox One S controllers and I don't know what to do - Similar Threads - doesn't drivers controllers

2. Xbox One doesn't turn on but makes faint turn on beep noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One doesn't turn on but makes faint turn on beep noise: My Xbox One wouldn't turn on however it would make a very quiet 'beep' turn on sound when I would try to switch it on however the xbox symbol would not light up. Recently however it doesn't even...
  3. Hello, could you help me with why my keyboard doesn't work in sea of thieves on xbox?

in XBoX on Windows
    Hello, could you help me with why my keyboard doesn't work in sea of thieves on xbox?: Hello, could you help me with why my keyboard doesn't work in sea of thieves on xbox? a7fb3d03-9704-4297-a118-761e51fe8ed9
  4. Why doesn't my controller and wheel/pedals work in Forza 5 anymore.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn't my controller and wheel/pedals work in Forza 5 anymore.: Hi everyone. I really needs some help. I have an Xbox Series X, two hand controllers and one Thrustmaster TMX wheel and pedals. The Xbox and controllers are up to date and so is the driver for...
  5. Xbox Wireless adapter won't work on Windows 11. Doesn't find update drivers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless adapter won't work on Windows 11. Doesn't find update drivers: My wireless adapter (£50 btw) won't install on my PC. Searched for drivers and downloaded these: Xbox - Net - 7/11/2017 12:00:00 AM - 1.0.46.1Windows 10 Creators Update and Later Servicing...
  6. Xbox wireless adapter for windows doesn't install the driver

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox wireless adapter for windows doesn't install the driver: Hey guys, I have a xbox wireless adapter for about 2 years now, and yesterday after i changed my pc motherboard and installed windows on it, i realised that windows couldn't locate the drivers...
  7. XBOX wireless receiver for Win10 doesn't have a driver - doesn't function as results

in XBoX on Windows
    XBOX wireless receiver for Win10 doesn't have a driver - doesn't function as results: Hi, I just got a new (2020/series X edition) xbox controller + wireless receiver. However, when I plug the receiver into my pc, it doesn't install any drivers. Going into device manager and...
  8. Xbox one controller doesn't turn on after driver update error from PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox one controller doesn't turn on after driver update error from PC: Info before I get started: I'm on windows 10 64-bit and I do NOT have an xbox one console. I tried to update the firmware on my controller through the xbox accessories app, but the process froze...
  9. Xbox doesn't connect to my PC, missing controller driver in the device manager

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox doesn't connect to my PC, missing controller driver in the device manager: Recently my Xbox controller stopped connecting to my PC. I tried connecting it to all the USB ports via an USB cable, but it didn't work. I checked the device manager, the Xbox controller driver...
  10. Won "Driver Gear" from Motorsport 7 Virtual Key but doesn't work

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Won "Driver Gear" from Motorsport 7 Virtual Key but doesn't work: Won a Driver Gear in the Forza Motorsport 7 Virtual Key Instant Win Sweepstakes. Received the congratulatory email with prize code. Upon entering code, I receive: Sorry, an unexpected error has...