My PC does not connect to my controller via wire

Discus and support My PC does not connect to my controller via wire in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When i connect my controller to my wire it keeps blinking and then it turns off i already contacted xbox support but the issue is not with my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by rashed abdooli, Dec 27, 2021.

1. My PC does not connect to my controller via wire

When i connect my controller to my wire it keeps blinking and then it turns off i already contacted xbox support but the issue is not with my controller so i would really appreciate some help

:)

rashed abdooli, Dec 27, 2021
  2. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

What controller is that?

What happens when you connect it?
  3. Tezzerrific Win User

Connecting my XBOX to Windows 10 PC via Bluetooth.

the console does not even have any bluetooth hardware internally, the controllers do as they can connect via bluetooth to pc and wifi to the console.

the reason you see the console under devices on pc is due to it being on the same network.

the controller can be paired via bluetooth on pc but with limitations.

audio passthrough on the controller will not work via bluetooth

wired connection supports audio passthrough

wireless connection with a microsoft wireless adapter for controller with support audio passthrough.
  4. ChiefJoboo Win User

Connecting a xbox360 controller to a pc thru xbox360

No that is not possible to connect a controller to your PC through your console. You will need the Xbox 360 wireless USB receiver for windows or buy a pure wired USB xbox 360 controller (microsoft and 3rd party ones available and all will work).

The play and charge USB cable for xbox 360 controllers does not make a wireless controller wired as it only transfers power and not data.

You could buy an xbox one wireless controller that is newer and has bluetooth and connect it to your PC directly as seen on this page: :

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-windows/accessories/connect-xbox-one-controller-to-pc

You can also use an xbox one wireless controller of any type (with or without bluetooth) with a Micro USB cable on a PC as well. THAT wire does make the xbox one wireless controller act as a wired controller while connected via Micro USB.
  5. Tezzerrific Win User

Xbox 360 series controller

For xbox one controllers and xbox series controllers

by bluetooth if your pc has this (does not support audio passthrough so no headest support via controller).

by wire (this supports audio passthough for headsets via controller)

by purchasing the xbox wireless adapter for pc (this supports audio passthough for headsets via controller)
  6. ArminatorX Win User

copilot wireless pc

Have you tried connecting the controller via USB cable, and then setting up Copilot?

Does it work with a wired connection?
Thema:

1. My PC does not connect to my controller via wire - Similar Threads - does connect controller

2. Why does the cloud gaming website no longer recognize my controller as connected?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the cloud gaming website no longer recognize my controller as connected?: Attempting to play Xbox cloud gaming on chrome, due to it crashing every time I attempt it on the xbox app. It no longer recognizes that my controller is connected and won’t allow me to use it...
  3. Why does my controller disconnect when I connect my wireless turtle beach headset to my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my controller disconnect when I connect my wireless turtle beach headset to my...: When I connect my wireless headset it assigns to my controller/profile. While I’m playing certain games (nba 2k24) it will disconnect my controller as if it’s not on but the controller will still...
  4. Why does my Xbox elite controller series 2 refuses to connect to my windows 11 PC?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Xbox elite controller series 2 refuses to connect to my windows 11 PC?: The controller connected just fine to my pc for about 6 months and then one day after restarting my pc my controller would say it is connected in settings for about 2 minutes before shutting off...
  5. My xbox one controller does not connect via usb to my windows 11 pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one controller does not connect via usb to my windows 11 pc: My Xbox One controller does not connect to my Windows 11 PC. The Xbox button flashes but it does not appear in the device manager or Xbox accessories. 2ff883ec-43ee-448b-8940-a55bf704f971
  6. Does Xbox Wireless Controller – Stormcloud Vapor Special Edition connect to Nintendo Switch?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does Xbox Wireless Controller – Stormcloud Vapor Special Edition connect to Nintendo Switch?: I am curious does this controller connect to Nintendo switch by any chance? My kids would like to know. :) 5263b71b-121b-4c94-af30-5035986de98b
  7. Xbox controller does not connect to console wirelessly or with cable, on PC it does not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller does not connect to console wirelessly or with cable, on PC it does not...: Hi, I'm having issues with my Xbox Series X controller. My controller seems to have an update issue. But I have no way to update it. I mean, it connects to my Xbox, then for a few seconds it...
  8. Why does my Xbox controller only connect via USB cable?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox controller only connect via USB cable?: My controller was working fine up until maybe an hour prior to this post. I've updated it, there seems to be no external issue I can see. Whenever the batteries are in it slowly flashes twice like...
  9. why does my Xbox series s controller have connectivity issues when I disable night mode?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my Xbox series s controller have connectivity issues when I disable night mode?: Everything is up to date including the controller firmware cbcf96dd-88f4-4cbf-998b-d490898c91b0
  10. why does xbox say that there’s no usb connected to controller on the updating page when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does xbox say that there’s no usb connected to controller on the updating page when it...: i’m trying to update my controller and it said “connect one controller with a usb cable. keep any attached devices connected to the controller.” so i did and then i pressed “continue” and it said...