My Paypal was charged for LIVE Expiration?

Discus and support My Paypal was charged for LIVE Expiration? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I bought a 12 Month Xbox live Gold code on 01/03/2014. I redeemed the code the morning of 01/04/2014. Today (01/08/2014), I was charged 9.99, (doesn't... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Sarkastik Chik, Jan 8, 2014.

1. My Paypal was charged for LIVE Expiration?

I bought a 12 Month Xbox live Gold code on 01/03/2014. I redeemed the code the morning of 01/04/2014. Today (01/08/2014), I was charged 9.99, (doesn't say what for, so I am assuming that it was for 1 Month of Live.) I already checked my purchase history
    to both accounts linked to my Paypal, there were no purchases made by either of us. I was on an auto-renewal, which would have been today. My question is, why am I being charged for an Auto-Renewal, when I already renewed my membership with a PRE-Paid CARD, BEFORE my
    membership's expiration date?

I don't know if this will help, but when I try to revoke the auto-renewal option on my account through xbox.com, I get this error message on the website.

date: 1/8/2014 10:46:57 PM

s: qrfr3IqpIA2HJsoN4bN4IqDa3masyWQL8120DGqhmg0=

req: e9449aae-728b-4354-8c07-d566a14c60ca

There seems to be a glitch in the system.

I tried using the chat support, only to get a [Mod Removed], whom after having to TRY explaining my situation, gave me a run around saying there was no charge, and then said there was...sounded like she didn't know what she was talking about,
    and it really upsets me I pay for live usage, and Microsoft outsources for support employees, whom barely even speak English. I pay for my services, I could choose a console and FREE services, but I though I would go with an American based company and help
    to support American Business.

Any help on why this happened, and the correct way to solve this would be very helpful. Things like this should never happen, though they do. This is also a direct violation of Xbox Live and Microsoft's Billing Agreement.

I challenged this unauthorized charge with the Paypal dispute center, along with an explanation of this ridiculous situation.

If this does not resolve itself, what are my other options. I don't want to call 1-800-4MY-XBOX, only to get another Non-English, horribly educated person on the other end again. Is there another way that I can talk to someone who can actually help me that
    speaks English, and won't give me runarounds?

Thank you for you time and consideration.

Hopefully,

:)

Sarkastik Chik, Jan 8, 2014
  2. Derp Logic
    Derp Logic Guest
    Account Charged for Xbox Live

It is turned off but my account was still charged via paypal, and my live subscription was the only thing I used paypal for.

Derp Logic, Jan 8, 2014
  3. De5tructi0n
    De5tructi0n Guest
    Unable to use Microsoft Account funds

Didn't work for me, just charged it all to my PayPal...

De5tructi0n, Jan 8, 2014
  4. My Paypal was charged for LIVE Expiration?

Your racism is not welcome on these forums. Phone support is the only one who can help you with billing issues.

VisageOfAnAngel, Jan 8, 2014
  5. VisageOfAnAngel Win User

Your racism is not welcome on these forums. Phone support is the only one who can help you with billing issues.
  6. DonovanWells1 Win User

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate refund

I cancelled by Xbox Ultimate live on Aug 23rd. It expired on Aug 30. I received an email from PayPal that they charged be to 14.99+tax. I tried to disputed the care with PayPal, but they refused to refund. How do I go able getting my refund?
  7. Derp Logic Win User

Account Charged for Xbox Live

It is turned off but my account was still charged via paypal, and my live subscription was the only thing I used paypal for.
  8. RupertBest1 Win User

Minecraft disappeared after Xbox Live Gold lapsed and re-subscribed with new payment details

Thanks, Brad. I've checked my account history and it was always Xbox Live Gold @ £6.99 per month. It lapsed last month at the same time the Visa card it was charged to expired. I renewed using a different method (PayPal) and Xbox Live resumed, but Minecraft
    displayed the 0x82d40003 error when I tried to start it :(

Any advice gratefully received. Thanks!
  9. Mike Ratcliff Win User

What the Freaking Crap??

I got my Paypal on my account

And if I was in this situation and it wouldn't stop trying to renew my LIVE, I can set my Paypal to no longer allow Xbox LIVE to charge me without confirmination from me.
Thema:

1. My Paypal was charged for LIVE Expiration? - Similar Threads - Paypal was charged

2. What are the payment methods for xbox design lab? Is there afterpay or paypal?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What are the payment methods for xbox design lab? Is there afterpay or paypal?: I cant talk to xbox live chat, it keeps saying "There was an error processing your request" so i hoping you can help me to my question honestly Is there afterpay or paypal on xbox design lab?...
  3. An unauthorised payment was taken from my PayPal account by Microsoft.

in XBoX on Windows
    An unauthorised payment was taken from my PayPal account by Microsoft.: I have requested a call back twice. I have emailed twice. I have had no response. There is an unrecognised X-box account associated with my Microsoft account, I don’t have an Xbox account...
  4. I purchased a game with PayPal using my bank debit card and my PayPal is closed will my...

in XBoX on Windows
    I purchased a game with PayPal using my bank debit card and my PayPal is closed will my...: Hello, I bought a game and I just didn’t like it so I decided to get a refund, however I had made that purchase Through my PayPal second payment my debit, so it was from my debit but the payment...
  5. I can't buy Minecraft with paypal.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't buy Minecraft with paypal.: I can't buy minecraft with paypal, When i try to it just gives me a error : Pick a different way to pay We couldn't get authorization for this purchase. Pick another way to pay, or contact your...
  6. Paypal does not work in my country is it ok if i pirate minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Paypal does not work in my country is it ok if i pirate minecraft: I was a fan of minecraft since being 8 years old, to this day i still cant get it because i live in libya so paypal does not work for me. So i have been pirating minecraft for years, now i...
  7. Paypal

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Paypal: I used my Paypal to purchase a Starfield preorder. How long does it take for the payment to go through? It does say completed and my bank says that its on hold. eafe940d-ed35-46a4-af5f-047f992f945a
  8. PayPal account charge

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PayPal account charge: Hello, I have a charge from Microsoft on my PayPal account for $21.35 for Grand Theft Auto. I did not purchase anything from Microsoft and I do I am not a gamer so I do not understand why there...
  9. PayPal account charge

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PayPal account charge: Hello, I have a charge from Microsoft on my PayPal account for $21.35 for Grand Theft Auto. I did not purchase anything from Microsoft and I do I am not a gamer so I do not understand why there...
  10. How can I go about investigating charges on my paypal acount if I don't have an active...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I go about investigating charges on my paypal acount if I don't have an active...: I noticed three 107.99 charges on my paypal account from Microsoft. My email address seems to be tied to a microsoft account with a different email address that I don't recognize. The purchases...