my pause button thinks it is being constantly pressed elite series 2

Discus and support my pause button thinks it is being constantly pressed elite series 2 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; my controller thinks I'm pressing the pause button when I'm not, the button is not jammed or stuck it just is constantly pressing the button even if I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by the dANIMAL1302, Mar 16, 2023.

1. my pause button thinks it is being constantly pressed elite series 2

my controller thinks I'm pressing the pause button when I'm not, the button is not jammed or stuck it just is constantly pressing the button even if I don't touch the controller

:)

the dANIMAL1302, Mar 16, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

I apologize but this may mean that we need to get the controller repaired. To do so, please sign in to https://account.microsoft.com/devices, from there add your controller as a device using the serial number. You will be able to check the warranty as well as create an order from there.
  3. the dANIMAL1302 Win User

Please test it out from there through Xbox Accessories App.
    it still says the menu button is pressed
  4. the dANIMAL1302 Win User

I appreciate it. Let's then perform a powercycle on your console.
    ​​​
    POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​
    ​​​
    1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​
    2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

By the way, do you have a different device where you can test the controller? A different Xbox console or a Laptop/PC?
    yes I have a pc with windows 10
  5. Sol Parsons Win User

Hi my controller is only showing as the pause button is being pressed down on Xbox as on my PC it doesn't have this issue and I have tried all of the ways you said to do but no luck
  6. Francia J. Win User

Is the issue happening with all of the games?
Thema:

1. my pause button thinks it is being constantly pressed elite series 2 - Similar Threads - pause button thinks

2. Update keeps saying pausing and says “finishing things up…”

in XboX Insiders
    Update keeps saying pausing and says “finishing things up…”: I’m trying to update Dead by Daylight but the download keeps freezing and says “finishing things up…” and doesn’t progress the download at all. It’s been frozen for over an hour. I do not know...
  3. Why does Spotify pause a moment near end of every track?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does Spotify pause a moment near end of every track?: On my Xbox Series X, my Spotify app will pause for about 1 second near the end of every single track. It is usually around 20 seconds from the end. I am using a wired internet connection, directly...
  4. Pause the subscription

in XBoX Accessibility
    Pause the subscription: Team, is it possible to pause Game Pass subscription and resume it, reason being we are travelling with no access to the console. 9638aa7b-4e7d-49bb-818b-948434625cbb
  5. Halo Master chief collection pauses during cut scenes.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo Master chief collection pauses during cut scenes.: I'm trying to replay through the older Halo series through to the new ones to follow the whole story. However, as soon as a cut scene starts the game pauses within a few seconds so I'll unpause it...
  6. I at the website but my device still says it’s paused so how can I get it unpaused

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I at the website but my device still says it’s paused so how can I get it unpaused: My game needs to unpaused so my Xbox can get unpaused c5a9389e-68dd-4f4f-953d-1157591e549f
  7. Every time I pause call of Duty 3 and go back to resume it never resumes, just freezes and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Every time I pause call of Duty 3 and go back to resume it never resumes, just freezes and...: Have downloaded Call of Duty on X/S console and every time I pause & come back to resume it never will resume. Have redownloaded 3`4 times and every time now it just goes back to were I paused and...
  8. Forza 5 won’t download without pausing every 2 minutes

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza 5 won’t download without pausing every 2 minutes: I just got the disc forza 5, it won’t successfully download without giving me the notification “installation stopped” and pausing itself every 2 minutes. At first I was assuming it was a console...
  9. PAUSE DOWNLOADS ISSUE

in XBoX Accessibility
    PAUSE DOWNLOADS ISSUE: I was downloading Forza Motorsport and I wanted to play another game but I didn't want my game to lag, so I try to pause my download but it doesn't wanna stop downloading and it just keeps...
  10. Why can't I acsess the menu in forza horizon 5? I can't even pause it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I acsess the menu in forza horizon 5? I can't even pause it: I can't access the menu or even pause forza horizon 5! I've reinstalled the game and have even gone as far as resetting the console and it still doesn't work 75886539-fbf8-4e3a-8a1e-6b48721973b9