My original xbox one wont update to the latest version (with new avatars) help?

Discus and support My original xbox one wont update to the latest version (with new avatars) help? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; every time I go onto my xbox, still no update and, when I check if I need an update, it says its up to date, when its not, my OS is 10.0.17134.4071 pls... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Craigthebarber9, Oct 9, 2018.

1. My original xbox one wont update to the latest version (with new avatars) help?

every time I go onto my xbox, still no update and, when I check if I need an update, it says its up to date, when its not, my OS is 10.0.17134.4071 pls help

:)

Craigthebarber9, Oct 9, 2018
  2. XBF Jeremy Z
    XBF Jeremy Z Guest
    New Xbox Avatar app

Hello Patrick,

Thank you for contacting Forum support!

The Xbox had a new update that allows users to also "Update their Avatar! The new avatar does have its own store for new items and props as well. (Made specifically for the new avatar)

Should you feel you want to use the Older items that ware purchased, you will have to download

Xbox Original Avatars
    and use the original avatar. Check out
    Where’s my old avatar stuff?

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

XBF Jeremy Z, Oct 9, 2018
  3. JAZENOX
    JAZENOX Guest
    What Happens To Our Old Avatars?

oh ok so your just kidding? (lol) ...we know you love your avatars hahaha!!! just kidding ok ...really i am just kidding! but serious when i say i really want to keep my old avatars for the xbox 360 & for xbox one the new avatars (anways maybe one day we
    will have a XBOX HOME & our own version of ATOM UNIVERSE & NEBULA REALMS).

JAZENOX, Oct 9, 2018
  4. XBF Nestor S
    XBF Nestor S Guest

Hey Craig!

Thanks for bringing this issue to us bud,

Since the update isn't being recognized the problem might be on the actual OS of the console so we would suggest a

Soft Factory Reset
    (while keeping games and apps) IF AND ONLY IF THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA IS MET:

• There is a stable network connection.
    • The information for all profiles is known (email and passwords)

Once the setup is complete it will ask if we want to keep settings or manual setup lets do manual setup. Give it a shot and let us know of any changes!

XBF Nestor S, Oct 9, 2018
  5. Do I have to do manual or can I use the other option?

6. XBF Nestor S
    XBF Nestor S Guest
    Hey Craig!

Thanks for keeping us posted! It is preferred that we use manual set up so we can make absolutely sure the issue isn't on the settings side either. Keep us posted bud!

7. I have used manual setup too

8. XBF Nestor S
    XBF Nestor S Guest

Hey Craig, if the console didn't update then it could point to a hardware issue. To completely discard the possibility of the issue coming from a bad update we would also suggest trying an

Offline System Update
    . If the steps are completed it could be that the console might need a repair which could be looked into through our

Device
    website. Keep us posted bud and thanks for the patience!

9. It wont let me offline update can you suggest an alternative?

10. XBF Nestor S
    XBF Nestor S Guest
    Try accessing the troubleshoot screen while the console is off by following these steps:

1. If there's a disc in the Xbox One console, eject it.
    2. On the console, press and hold the Xbox button for five seconds to turn off the console.
    3. Press and hold the Xbox button and the Eject button until you hear a beep to turn on the console. You will hear one beep right away and a second beep 10 seconds later. The power light will flash on before the second beep.
      DO NOT LET GO until the second beep occurs.
      Note This will boot your console in low resolution mode (640 × 480). To reset this setting, go to
      System > Settings in the guide, select
      Display & sounds
      , Video options, and then TV Resolution.
    From the troubleshooting screen it should allow the offline system update if the

Offline System Update
    has been downloaded onto the usb. Give it a shot and again keep us posted!

11. Hi, are you in the insider preview program? As that is the only way to have the avatar beta app.

Njal the Blue, Oct 9, 2018
  12. Im not a long term member but yes I am

Craigthebarber9, Oct 10, 2018
  13. My original xbox one wont update to the latest version (with new avatars) help?

sorry for all the fuss its just that my xbox one s is in update preview and I got confused sorry guys My original xbox one wont update to the latest version (with new avatars) help? :)

14. Hey, no worries we're here to help.

Njal the Blue, Oct 10, 2018
  15. One more question, should the app already be installed or not? Ive checked insider hub and theres no app yet on my xbox one s it was there when I started it up

Thema:

1. My original xbox one wont update to the latest version (with new avatars) help? - Similar Threads - original wont update

2. I'm after a new original xbox one s power cable lead the 10amp one for use in Australia?

in XBoX on Windows
    I'm after a new original xbox one s power cable lead the 10amp one for use in Australia?: I'm after a new original xbox one s power cable lead the 10amp one for use in Australia? f53a93af-10df-4bd5-8501-d790bb6f67f9
  3. Hard drive space reduced after game reinstallation compared with original installation

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hard drive space reduced after game reinstallation compared with original installation: I installed two games originally, MS Flight Simulator and the last game was Starfield. My free hard drive space was around 800 GB. I reinstalled both games and the free hard drive space was around...
  4. I have an original xbox and the disc drive won' eject. Paper clip don't work. What next?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an original xbox and the disc drive won' eject. Paper clip don't work. What next?: I have an original xbox and the disc drive won't open. Tried the paper clip tool and it did't work. What next? a81eeb29-f7e9-4f6e-a093-2e8064856079
  5. Original xbox 1 disc issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Original xbox 1 disc issues: So, is anyone else having disc issues, where it reads discs but gives you the icon of not having the disc, but says its in while being able to play the game. Shoudl I be concerned, or should I...
  6. Original Xbox One With Lifetime Game Pass??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Original Xbox One With Lifetime Game Pass??: Hello, I found a original Xbox One Console at a thrift store several months ago and it seems to have lifetime game pass because once I signed into it I am able to download games from game pass...
  7. The Original Borderlands - can JP play online with US and Europe?

in XBoX on Consoles
    The Original Borderlands - can JP play online with US and Europe?: Hi, I’ve been trying to find answers to this but not found anything definitive. Many years ago I completed the first Borderlands game on the 360. I then used a friend to help shift some gear...
  8. Original Xbox one (2014) internet issues even with wired connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Original Xbox one (2014) internet issues even with wired connection: I have had this Xbox one since 2014 and recently (last few months) have experienced some issues with its internet. I have exclusively used it with a wired, ethernet connection and have been having...
  9. why wont my original xbox one wont turn on?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why wont my original xbox one wont turn on?: i have the original xbox one that is no longer supported - was playing fine in the morning then did the system update that had appeared on my console - it appeared as normal downloading then...
  10. FIFA 14 - Wont Connect To EA - Need an Origin Account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    FIFA 14 - Wont Connect To EA - Need an Origin Account: We purchased an XBOX ONE with a downloadable copy of FIFA 14 which has worked fine until last night. Now we get a pop up saying 'unable to connect to the EA Servers due to Origin Account needed....