My online status is glitched/ALL messed up

Discus and support My online status is glitched/ALL messed up in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I’ve been having a major problem the past couple days and it’s made me so afraid to play literally anything on my Xbox One now. I first discovered it a... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by RichardBetancourt, May 24, 2023.

1. My online status is glitched/ALL messed up

I’ve been having a major problem the past couple days and it’s made me so afraid to play literally anything on my Xbox One now. I first discovered it a few days ago. I start up a game for one second, I play that game for however long I want and then I close the game through my One like normal and now my online status says I’m still playing that game and it stays stuck that way for the entire day until the next day. I try going on different applications and it still says I’m on that one application I just closed. It’s made my friends confused and they thought I was online but I really wasn’t. Only way I can actually go offline nowadays is if I actually appear offline by setting it myself. I’ve tried everything I could to fix this problem (regular reset, hard reset, turn the Xbox off completely and unplug it) and nothing has worked. Changing my online status makes my current online status it glitch and then it undoes it. Not to mention literally everything takes so much more time to load than usual for me and it’s had me worried all week. I haven’t touched my One ever since this happened. I’ve started playing games offline on my One for the time being until I can find a way to fix this. If anyone knows how to fix this, please let me know as soon as possible. That’d be great. :’(

:)

RichardBetancourt, May 24, 2023
  2. DeniqL Win User

Hi! I'm Luis, a fellow Xbox Gamer . Thanks for reaching us out here.

Have you tried deleting your account´s cache as well?

Delete account Cache

Remove Account:

1. Press the Xbox button.

2. Select System > Settings > Account > Remove accounts.

3. Select the account that you want to remove, and then Remove.

4. Close.

Power Cycle:

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off.

2. Wait for 5 minutes and then turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller.

Add Account:

1. Press the Xbox button.

2. Select your gamerpic in the upper-left corner of the screen, move all the way down and select Add new.

3. Enter the Email Address and the Password.

4. Read the Microsoft Service Agreement and Privacy Statement, and then select I Accept.

5. Follow the steps to configure your Sign-In & Security preferences to add your Microsoft account to your Xbox console again.
  3. Kristen T �� Win User

This has been happening to other people as well and whenever you’re on YouTube, Netflix and twitch your status will just say “home” as well. I really hope they fix all of this soon! It’s definitely not just you, it seems to be an issue on Microsoft’s end.
  4. Matthew_M2 Win User

Xbox profile online status stuck on a 360 game

if my online status is still glitched by the next time I turn on my system I will follow up with you or another advisor on this issue. thanks
  5. XBLRewards8 Win User

my rewards are all messed up

Hello Fearless Rob 82,

Pre-orders are not eligible for MyVIP, and therefore not eligible for VIP Boost offer. This is mentioned in both our MyVIP FAQ:

What content on the Xbox Store is eligible for MyVIP?

Normally, most purchases for Xbox 360 and Xbox One from the Xbox Store qualify, including full Games on Demand titles (excluding game pre-orders), arcade games, indie games, game add-ons, game Season Passes, movies, TV shows, TV seasons, themes and avatar
    items. In-game consumables, Xbox Live Gold memberships, Groove Music Passes, Microsoft Movies & TV Season Passes, and the purchase or redemption of Microsoft Points or Xbox Gift Cards, still do not qualify.

and the FAQ for the offer:

Which content is eligible for this offer?

You must spend at least $XX before tax on qualifying MyVIP content from the Xbox Store and Microsoft Movies & TV during the offer period. Most purchases for Xbox 360 and Xbox One from the Xbox Store qualify, including full Games on Demand titles (game pre-orders
    do NOT qualify), arcade games, indie games, game add-ons, game season passes, themes, and avatar items. From Microsoft Movies & TV, qualifying content includes movies, TV shows, and TV seasons. However, in-game consumables, Xbox Live Gold memberships, Groove
    Music Passes, Microsoft Movies & TV Season Passes, and the purchase or redemption of Microsoft Points or Xbox Gift Cards do not qualify.

Since your purchases since November (with the exception of your Rainbow Six Siege Pass) have all been pre-orders, they have not awarded payback. Since your purchases in February were pre-orders (except the Siege Pass), you did not complete the VIP Boost
    offer.

Regarding your wife's VIP Payback, without having her gamertag, we cannot provide a thorough investigation. However, it sounds like you are expecting payback early. From our FAQ:

When will my MyVIP Rewards Credits be deposited into my Microsoft account?

The total Rewards earned will be calculated at the end of each month. Typically you'll receive your MyVIP earnings in your account by the 15th of the following month, though this is subject to the program's current deposit
    terms. Be sure to keep an eye on MyStatement on the
    MyRewards page to track your progress and watch your Rewards Credits total grow!

We only recently calculated last month's MyVIP, so you may have missed this Credit event.
  6. Chilled Remorse Win User

Couldn't add friends or send messages, now lost profile.

Also, just as an added bonus, even my profile on HERE. This website is being weird. First thing that happens when I sign in is "UH ON WE HAD A GLITCH SORRY LOL"

Now, this very post is all messed up and glitched. What's going on Microsoft?
Thema:

1. My online status is glitched/ALL messed up - Similar Threads - online status glitched

2. Xbox Game Bar/App Social activity status is showing "Online" instead of Playing: "Call of...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox Game Bar/App Social activity status is showing "Online" instead of Playing: "Call of...: As the title states, the Xbox app/Game Bar is not recognizing "Call of Duty MW3" as a game. The social status/game activity displays as Online only. Although all privacy settings are set to Allow....
  3. COD Black Ops: server status down/unavailable to check online

in XBoX Games and Apps
    COD Black Ops: server status down/unavailable to check online: I am trying to play Black Ops (the first one) online multiplayer, each time I attempt to connect it says server not connected check Callofduty/blackops/status for updates. When I check the website...
  4. Dead or Alive 4 online status?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dead or Alive 4 online status?: For two weeks (since September 18th) when accessing Dead or Alive 4's online (a backwards compatible Xbox 360 game), it comes up with a message saying it "cannot connect to Xbox Live. " I've...
  5. Online status broken

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Online status broken: For weeks now my online status always displays offline no matter how many times I change between all the options. Does anyone have a fix for this? f14cd06f-4043-4ada-b84c-72fd85598e79
  6. Has Microsoft finally fixed the friend online status notifications?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Has Microsoft finally fixed the friend online status notifications?: Yesterday I saw on the xbox status website that friends and social activity notifications were down and something about Microsoft looking into the problem. I’m hoping and assuming that Xbox...
  7. Why is my profile saying offline when the status is saying appearing online?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is my profile saying offline when the status is saying appearing online?: My profile is saying I'm offline,but when I go to the account status, it's saying appearing online,and when I change it to offline,it says online status unknown,i turned off the Xbox,I restarted...
  8. Online status glitch, stuck on exited game

in XBoX Accessibility
    Online status glitch, stuck on exited game: So I am having this problem where my Xbox status is stuck on a game that I have already exited out and chose another. I’ve tired differently methods I’ve seen online but it does not work. I’m not...
  9. My profile online status says I'm playing "FIGHT NIGHT CHAMPION" when I'm playing a...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My profile online status says I'm playing "FIGHT NIGHT CHAMPION" when I'm playing a...: I was playing Fortnite and I asked my friend what it said I was playing to be sure if it was a problem and they said "FIGHT NIGHT CHAMPION" 1875da2b-7d5d-400a-8fe4-b8857d82c496
  10. Why, when I try to appear online, it says “online status unknown”

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why, when I try to appear online, it says “online status unknown”: is anyone else having this issue? 8776d0f4-a855-4ded-8360-579872cacf0b