My on screen keyboard is giving too many options for each individual letter and character...

Discus and support My on screen keyboard is giving too many options for each individual letter and character... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; The on screen keyboard is giving too many options which is very annoying and affecting game play. How do I change this... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Diane Calderwood, Mar 18, 2024.

1. My on screen keyboard is giving too many options for each individual letter and character...

The on screen keyboard is giving too many options which is very annoying and affecting game play. How do I change this

:)

Diane Calderwood, Mar 18, 2024
  2. neilhorgan Win User

Evolve

^Yep - you should see a progression bar for each characters individual ability at the end of each round

There's three tiers for each ability that will give you better stats, such as increased damage, longer effect etc..

you can level up your abilites in Solo too, so if your struggling with a certain character, you could try them out and level up a bit this way first to get to grips with them!
  3. ChiefJoboo Win User

Keyboard and mouse support

Keyboard and mouse support is a touchy subject on xbox as most people see it as a huge advantage over players that use a controller.

The decision is up to the developers of each game, individually.

I highly doubt that many games will ever support it due to splitting the player base on the advantage that keyboard and mouse presents.
  4. Jurgen1488 Win User

Xbox one on screen keyboard

But do you mean to enter a letter, or a paragraph or to confirm what you wrote?

If you mean to enter a letter, it's a button on the gamepad.

If you mean a paragraph, the enter button on the onscreen keyboard has the same character as the enter button on the computer keyboard.

And if you mean to confirm it is the MENU button.
  5. Drizzle 084 Win User

Holding A button when typing on the Xbox one keyboard from controller

It is normal. Much like holding down the letter A on your phones keyboard, you will get A’s with various characters over them. It is for foreign languages.
  6. steeledwand7664 Win User

My password is too long. (troubles signing in)

You can still make a strong password with less then 16 characters.

For instance just as an example this is how I do most of my passwords

ill use my last name.

capitalize the first letter

before the last letter I will put in the 4 digit house number of the house that I grew up on

put in the last letter

and then put in one of the special characters above the numbers on the keyboard

The only time I may run into a problem is when a site doesnt use special characters then I just leave it off
Thema:

My on screen keyboard is giving too many options for each individual letter and character...

1. My on screen keyboard is giving too many options for each individual letter and character... - Similar Threads - screen keyboard giving

2. Is it normal that I can use my keyboard to navigate the Xbox Home Screen but when I try to...

in XBoX on Windows
    Is it normal that I can use my keyboard to navigate the Xbox Home Screen but when I try to...: I want to play games with my keyboard but it doesn’t work in any game but does work in the Home Screen. If you know how to resolve this problem please tell me because I would like to restart...
  3. How to disable on screen KEYBOARD on Xbox series X while using a mouse and keyboard...

in XBoX on Windows
    How to disable on screen KEYBOARD on Xbox series X while using a mouse and keyboard...: How to disable on screen KEYBOARD on Xbox series X while using a mouse and keyboard connected via usb? I can see that there is an option to do so on Xbox one but not on Xbox series X. Please I...
  4. Remove On-Screen Keyboard On Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Remove On-Screen Keyboard On Xbox One: Hello there! Ive been using my xbox one s with a keyboard and mouse for a long time now. And ive been wanting to remove the on screen keyboard because i have a keyboard and i have no use to it....
  5. Microsoft consider implementing "Disable Xbox On-Screen Keyboard" please

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft consider implementing "Disable Xbox On-Screen Keyboard" please: Microsoft should consider implementing an option for Xbox users to disable the on-screen keyboard. As an Xbox user, it can be quite frustrating having to repeatedly press the Windows key + Esc key...
  6. Why can't I disable the on-screen keyboard when I am using a keyboard and mouse to play...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I disable the on-screen keyboard when I am using a keyboard and mouse to play...: Before if you were using keyboard and mouse it wouldn't pop up and ever since a few updates ago it is relentless. It's in the way and prevents using some of the in game shortcuts. I know I'm not...
  7. Why is the on screen keyboard and mouse pointer popping up when on Xbox could gaming? And...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is the on screen keyboard and mouse pointer popping up when on Xbox could gaming? And...: When I click in the left stick on my Xbox controller whilst it is connected to laptop it make the on screen keyboard pops up and the mouse pointer follows with the right stick i have the envy...
  8. Disabling the On-Screen Keyboard on Xbox Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disabling the On-Screen Keyboard on Xbox Series X: So, I am trying to use the Microsoft Edge Browser with a keyboard and mouse to make it more like using a PC for homework among other things. The only problem is that anytime I am typing, the on...
  9. One about keyboard other about screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    One about keyboard other about screen: I have a keyboard that lights up and has power but won’t work on the Xbox. Other question is I have a 240hz monitor and can’t get the 120hz option to work on my Xbox series s and...
  10. Disabling the on screen keyboard

in XboX Insiders
    Disabling the on screen keyboard: Hi, I use my keyboard and mouse on my Xbox for Minecraft but every time I put in a command the keyboard is very glitchy (also other games where I’m required to type) and I was wondering if I can...