My old email account got compromised months ago and I still can't access my Xbox Live account

Discus and support My old email account got compromised months ago and I still can't access my Xbox Live account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; As the title states, an old email address (which I was able to recover in a relatively short time) got compromised months ago. All accounts tied to... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by MattGinart, Mar 1, 2022.

1. MattGinart
    MattGinart Guest

My old email account got compromised months ago and I still can't access my Xbox Live account

As the title states, an old email address (which I was able to recover in a relatively short time) got compromised months ago. All accounts tied to this email were also compromised, including my Xbox Live account. This is the only account I still haven't been able to recover. Whoever got in changed the email address tied to the account as well as the password. I haven't been able to get back into my account using the recovery form and there is no way for me to contact Microsoft Support because, god forbid, we ever make things easy. I have photo evidence of my old email being tied to the account as it still shows up underneath my gamertag on my Xbox One. The last game that I purchased was Monster Hunter World: Iceborne, and my Xbox network device ID is FD0060375FFE9F91. I am providing this information in the hopes that some support member may see it and confirm that I am the original owner of the account. I'm not sure where else to go from here. I got discouraged months ago after a complete lack of real assistance but figured I'd give this another go. Is there any other option for me? I have no way of contacting a real person as of right now. Please make your support more accessible. Bots cannot do everything.

Edit for further context: Some of the information I used when creating the account is not actually my identity (using Matt Grant instead of Matt Ginart) as my father set up the account when I was younger and he was always conscious of internet safety. I've tried my best to accurately remember the old information and I would hope that one minor thing like the birth date being off wouldn't stand in the way of all the other evidence that the account is mine.
    My old email account got compromised months ago and I still can't access my Xbox Live account [​IMG]

:)

MattGinart, Mar 1, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello MattGinart, I see in your description that you have tried to provide as much information as possible on the form, however if you were unable to recover the account it is because they were not enough.

Below I leave two links to help fill out the form.

Help with the Microsoft account recovery form

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...

You can try contacting Xbox support via chat, however they will basically ask you for the same information as the form you've already filled out.

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/contact-us
  3. InlandBus78 Win User

Long Story Short

My account was compromised. Someone changed the inf through XBox.com about a year ago without my consent. The account is still on my XBox, they never recovered it. Also, I rang up XBox 4 times over a year, they refuse to help, since I can't provide the info
    for the guy's email.
  4. jørn vidar lie vatl Win User

i cant accept the new 'terms of use' for my sons xbox live account as i no longer have acess to the parental email account

hello my son can't logg accept the terms of use on the xbox becuase he needs my old email password and the account it says it needs the password to is an account i deleted months ago. so what do i do??
  5. Conville14 Win User

Microsoft did not recognize change in email, can't log in to xbox live

I can't access the account page on my xbox because I am not connected to xbox live. I do not know the password to my old email account. I don't know how I am going to change my gamertag to the account I want without being able to access the account page.
  6. ReliableCargo18 Win User

Error 8015D02E

Ok how about if I don't know my password to log on to my account and I can't remember my password for my yahoo email account and I know it wasn't compromised because I was on less the 6 days ago.
Thema:

1. My old email account got compromised months ago and I still can't access my Xbox Live account - Similar Threads - old email account

2. I need help getting my old xbox account back without email and passwords

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need help getting my old xbox account back without email and passwords: I have had this xbox account since 2019 before i moved and lost my xbox 1 but i Remebered today that it might still be up so i did some digging and saw my old account but i cant get in becuase i...
  3. How to log into old roblox account with lost email

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to log into old roblox account with lost email: I need my old roblox account and I forgot my password too it my friend in real life that i grew up with still has it added and I would like too login too the account if you have any information...
  4. I forgot my email for an old account, how do I get it back?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I forgot my email for an old account, how do I get it back?: I forgot my email to an old xbox one account and I’m trying to login to it but my Xbox one with the original account is not working anymore. I have a list of Emails associated to my main Xbox...
  5. My old microsoft account's email got changed after being hacked, is there anything i can do...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My old microsoft account's email got changed after being hacked, is there anything i can do...: [img] The new and random email, from russia apparently. 0e4075e3-74f9-4196-babc-c87bdd7c0b97
  6. My old minecraft account was hacked and the email was changed, is it possible to get it back?

in XBoX Accessibility
    My old minecraft account was hacked and the email was changed, is it possible to get it back?: I have the receipt that I bought the game but when I try to sign in it says I need to buy it again 018d1269-7d0e-4d75-8fbb-4206fa7671b1
  7. Is there any way I can log back into an old Xbox 360 account without the email/password and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there any way I can log back into an old Xbox 360 account without the email/password and...: I have my username but I was too young to create my own account and I’ve always wanted to log back in. 2a82bd28-f6ea-4167-9682-915a067821b5
  8. i lost my old account email any help>

in XboX Insiders
    i lost my old account email any help>: i lost my old accounts email and i cant sign in anymore and i need that account back since im planning on buying the new xbox i dont want to restart my account and rebuy the games i spent hundreds...
  9. Is there anyway to find an email you used for an old account with just the gamertag?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there anyway to find an email you used for an old account with just the gamertag?: Is there anyway to find an email for an old account with knowing just the gamertag and password? ae8a90cd-5283-4412-a9fb-2a2f3db4e2e6
  10. So, I I remember my username and password to my old xbox account but not the email, how...

in XBoX Accessibility
    So, I I remember my username and password to my old xbox account but not the email, how...: I have tried signing into all of my old email none of them work so I am stuck right now. 6672f826-d9f6-4415-9e69-a66cc781f1ca