My old and new mics aren’t working in party or game but I can hear party

Discus and support My old and new mics aren’t working in party or game but I can hear party in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; Hi I’ve had this problem for a while and it’s as simple as I can’t talk in party. I bought a new mic thinking that it was that but I still can’t talk.... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Jack Howd, Jun 29, 2023.

1. Jack Howd
    Jack Howd Guest

Hi I’ve had this problem for a while and it’s as simple as I can’t talk in party. I bought a new mic thinking that it was that but I still can’t talk. I’ve checked if my mic is on mute which it isn’t so please can somebody help.

:)

Jack Howd, Jun 29, 2023
  2. Janet_C Win User

Hello!

I'm an independent advisor and a member of the Xbox Community just like you.

I will be glad to help you.

If you are having difficulties on a console, make sure the controller you are using to connect your microphone is up to date in the "Xbox Accessories" app.

Then login at this link

https://account.xbox.com/Settings

And in the part of "Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Windows 10 devices Online Safety" set all features related to multiplayer, communication and friendship to "Allow"

Best Regards.
  3. CoreyHenderson1 Win User

Cannot Hear Voice Chat

Unfortunately, none of these answers fixed this for me. Update though: looks like I can hear everything the other people in my Fortnite party is saying, they just can’t hear me. The weirder thing is, when I squad up with randos, the mic works just fine.
    I can hear them and they can hear me. Again, same thing when I’m in an Xbox Live party. The only thing that doesnt work is my mic when I’m in a regular Fortnite party (not in an Xbox Live party).
  4. SilverSolstive Win User

Xbox One Mic Stuck on mute?

My mic works in a party so I don't know your mics don't work. If I don't invite someone to a party and they're talking then I can't hear them. That's the only problem I have with my mic I want to fix.
  5. DomNic8891 Win User

Xbox One Stereo Headset via Windows 10 app

I am having the same issue. With my headset I can hear game audio, if I'm in a party chat I can hear my friends talking but the mic doesn't work. My mic does work outside of the xbox app perfectly. The headphones and mic are set to default in the playback
    devices. It's an issue with the app and it needs to be updated.
  6. Icarusqt Win User

Xbox one mic stopped working

Same problem as everyone has mentioned. Mic shows I'm connected. I can hear others through it. If I turn volume up, it beeps. Mute light turns on. No one can hear me. Not in game chat while not being in a party. Not in party chat while ensuring I'm in party
    chat not game chat. Mic logo comes up that shows my mic is plugged in. My NAT is open. This is getting to be absolutely ridiculous.
Thema:

1. My old and new mics aren’t working in party or game but I can hear party - Similar Threads - old mics aren’t

2. I want to transfer my old memory into new pc with everything on it.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I want to transfer my old memory into new pc with everything on it.: Hello, I have a question regarding transferring memory, specifically windows. I have 2 pcs. The first one has 3 forms of memory. 1 hard-rive and two SSDS. On the hard-rive I have windows and other...
  3. Why cant i link a discord account to my 15 year old xbox account

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why cant i link a discord account to my 15 year old xbox account: I own an xbox account the age of the account is 15 but im having trouble linking a discord account will i not be able or am i doing something wrong f7eac7e5-6db7-4bff-8e64-902d6af216d1
  4. How do I get back my old game captures?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I get back my old game captures?: So I log into my Xbox today for the first time in a couple of months, and I find all my game captures, screenshots, etc are gone. Every memory from my childhood completely erased, I was not warned...
  5. How old is my Xbox account

in XBoX on Consoles
    How old is my Xbox account: I want to find when I started this account e9008f74-0443-43ea-8784-ae99ce330f6c
  6. Old account back?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Old account back?: I was having all sorts of issues logging in on my xbox one after 3 years of being put up. I decided to delete my old xbox account because I couldn't log into it. I created a new xbox account using...
  7. I want to use my old Mic Adapter again.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I want to use my old Mic Adapter again.: I would like start using my old mic adapter again. The mute button is just too convenient. I have a White Elite Controller and TB Elite 800 Headset. When I plug the adapter into my controller, it...
  8. mic on head set not working less than a year old

in XBoX on Consoles
    mic on head set not working less than a year old: I bought an official xbox one headset in February this year. the microphone has stopped working, when I took it back to the shop they said it only had a 6 month warranty, is this correct?...
  9. Mic not working on xbox head set, less than a year old

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic not working on xbox head set, less than a year old: I bought an official xbox one headset in February this year. the microphone has stopped working, when I took it back to the shop they said it only had a 6 month warranty, is this correct? I have...
  10. Planing to Buy Another Original Wireless Xbox 360 Mic That Is Official Microsoft Brand My Old ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Planing to Buy Another Original Wireless Xbox 360 Mic That Is Official Microsoft Brand My Old ...: I Am just Wondering if Microsoft Brand Wireless Xbox 360 Mics Is The Best Option As Far as when it Comes to Wireless Xbox 360 Mics For Party Chatting and In-Game Chatting....