My new Xbox gamertag did not change

Discus and support My new Xbox gamertag did not change in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I just bought a new gamertag for xbox and it never changed, It also took money from my account. I dont know If I have to wait, And If I do for how... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/TheRealBennboi, May 8, 2022.

1. My new Xbox gamertag did not change

I just bought a new gamertag for xbox and it never changed, It also took money from my account. I dont know If I have to wait, And If I do for how long? I need help.

submitted by /u/TheRealBennboi
    [link] [comments]

/u/TheRealBennboi, May 8, 2022
  2. BSAA x TrAnQuiL Win User

Having a double gamertag issue

ok thank you for your message, the odd thing is when i did change my other account his gamertag it did work normal.

no other gamertag under it..

it only happend with this one, thats why i found it a bit strange.

When i login on the xbox website with this gamertag what i changed it shows me the old gt still, but on my second account where i also changed the gamertag, when i login it shows up with the new gamertag.

regards

Xbox is currently changing the Gamertag system.

During that transition period, you might see your old gamertag as well as your new one.

Current and older games that don't know of the new Gamertag system will still show your old Gamertag. And it can take until 2020 until the full transition to the new Gamertag system works in all games.

So currently what you see is not an error. It's just how Gamertags are handled during this transition to the new Gamertag system.
  3. lI Nic Il Win User

Gamertag

my gamertag has been changed for no reason . I was playing my xbox and then realised that my name had been changed and I didn’t do it or either did my friends ? Please help
    It sounds like you’ve had a forced gamertag change. If you don’t like it then you’ll be able to buy a new one but your old gamertag won’t be available.

Hope that helps!
  4. jadenmunoz Win User

Gamer tag

On xbox.com it says my gamertag is what i changed it to. But on xbox it shows my changed gamertag in games, but when i go to my profile it shows my old gamertag and right under it it shows the gamertag i did change it to.
  5. NarQc Win User

gamertag change

what is the problem?

You can easily change your Xbox Live gamertag. If your gamertag was created for you during your initial Xbox Live sign-up (meaning, you did not choose your gamertag), you can change the gamertag once for free. Additional Xbox Live gamertag changes cost extra.
    To change your Xbox Live gamertag

On your Xbox console, sign in using the Xbox Live gamertag that you want to change.

Go to Social, and then select your Avatar.

Scroll right and select Change Gamertag.

Note the Price of the change, and do one of the following:

Select Enter New Gamertag. If the gamertag you enter is already taken, you will be prompted to try another gamertag.

Select Get Suggestions to view possible gamertags.

Once you enter or select a new gamertag, select Yes, use this gamertag.

Once you confirm your new gamertag, the change is reflected across Xbox Live. You don’t need to tell your friends that you changed your gamertag — their friends lists will be updated automatically.

Made a mistake creating your gamertag?

If you made a mistake when you created your gamertag and you want to change it, you’ll have to purchase a new gamertag. All gamertag purchases must be made through the dashboard and costs extra.
  6. ArminatorX Win User

My Gamertag reset to my old one

The main issue is they took the money and the change did not happen. Any game that supports the new Gamertag system will, in fact, show the Gamertag I paid to change from.

The issue users are reporting do not want the "new" format. They paid to go back to the old format.
    They took the money and change DID happen on the new Gamertag system.

The thing is, that a lot more people wanted a change with the Gamertag system, so Xbox listened and created the new Gamertag system to please the majority of people that wanted to have their desired Gamertag, even if someone already has that Gamertag.

But as it is with everything else: You can't please every single person. A company as big as Microsoft has to make decisions based on what the majority wants.

If only a few people had complained about the current Gamertag system, Xbox would have saved a lot of money and work and kept the old system. But so many people wanted a change, so they got the new system.
Thema:

My new Xbox gamertag did not change

1. My new Xbox gamertag did not change - Similar Threads - gamertag did change

2. I reset my xbox and when I went to log back in it did not keep my gamertag nor my games and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I reset my xbox and when I went to log back in it did not keep my gamertag nor my games and...: I reset my xbox and when I went to log back in it did not keep my gamertag nor my games and now it made me create a new gamer tag and start over. I need help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
  3. Did I just lose my 4 letter gamertag?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Did I just lose my 4 letter gamertag?: I have multiple Xbox accounts and was wanting to swap gamertags on my main account, I changed the tag on my alt account expecting it to be available on my main account to pick up. But apparently...
  4. I Purchased a Gamertag change and it did not change my tag to what I wanted, it remained...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I Purchased a Gamertag change and it did not change my tag to what I wanted, it remained...: I simply purchased a service that was not provided correctly and would like my $13 back or for my name to change correctly to what I wanted. cbaa5c95-65fe-499c-a2ba-403eef43055f
  5. why did i get charged twice for a gamertag change?

in XBoX Accessibility
    why did i get charged twice for a gamertag change?: as you can see there are two different order numbers for two different payments and the same charge for the same thing two different times a24b19b2-01ca-4c53-942d-a1dba0cfa474
  6. Why did my gamertag transfer back to the inactive "original Xbox" account that it was on...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why did my gamertag transfer back to the inactive "original Xbox" account that it was on...: Hello, I am currently at a loss for words. I recently changed one of my unique gamertags in order to make it available to swap to a different account that I actually use. I have since spent the...
  7. I logged out of Minecraft on PS5 as I wanted to change my gamertag. I did this, then tried...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I logged out of Minecraft on PS5 as I wanted to change my gamertag. I did this, then tried...: I logged out of Minecraft on PS5 as I wanted to change my gamertag. I did this, then tried to log back on. It won't let me do this, despite only my Gamertag changing. It continually says that my...
  8. Bought a gamertag and the purchase went through but the name did not.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Bought a gamertag and the purchase went through but the name did not.: I bought a gamertag change on xbox and it did not go through. I checked me billing history and it says completed, does anyone know why this happens? Im out 10$ and with no name change...
  9. Why did it have me make a new gamertag?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why did it have me make a new gamertag?: I was trying to sign in to my Microsoft account on my Switch so I could see my achievements. I scanned the QR code then it made me make a new gamertag so all my achievements were gone I tried to...
  10. Why did you charge me 3 times for ONE gamertag change? On top of that, you are not even...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why did you charge me 3 times for ONE gamertag change? On top of that, you are not even...: What the H... For real people? Contact me please. b8aa8f93-379d-4c06-a39c-785376052dfc