My new Xbox controller is broken

Discus and support My new Xbox controller is broken in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, My new xbox controller's right trigger and right stick seem to be broken. In the controller tester app i see that the right trigger is always... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ouaine, Jan 1, 2023.

1. Ouaine
    Ouaine Guest

Hi,

My new xbox controller's right trigger and right stick seem to be broken.
    In the controller tester app i see that the right trigger is always stuck on 4% triggered. I dont see anything wrong with the stick though. Am i doing something wrong?

:)

Ouaine, Jan 1, 2023
  2. Tamizander Win User

WORST Xbox Support from a LAUNCH DAY ONE CONSOLE - I can't get help!

Sorry, I received a broken controller with my Xbox One and the replacement was also broken.

It is a personal preference to just purchase a new one.

However, I am seeing that MANY people are receiving broken controllers from MS. Because of that, yes, they should take care of the issue.

Following that logic, we should go and tell everyone with a broken console to "Just go out and buy a new one and not bother Microsoft". It's horrible advice.

Microsoft should take care of the broken equipment I paid for. Period.
  3. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community and Happy New Year.

Hello Quaine, if yu have a USB cabe, try t follow the procedures bellow.

First remove the batteries from the controller and for 1 minute keep pressing all the buttons on the controller and moving the knobs.

After you're done, plug the USB cable controller into your console and turn it on.

Look for controller updates in the Xbox accessories part, if you have an update available, do it.

Then clear the cache on the console and check if the control has any updates to be made.

1. Go to the Xbox press and hold the XBOX power button on the console for 10 seconds until it turns off

2. Wait 10 seconds until it turns off

3. Wait 1 minute with it off

4. Turn it back on

After the console restarts and I'm at the console start screen, put the batteries back in the controller, remove the USB cable and see if it back to normal.
  4. FiftiethNine39 Win User

controler

its not the xbox i got 2 controlers and the new one is broken
  5. JimCinq-Un-Quat Win User

Controller Replacement

My controller is broken, how can I make an order for a new controller, do you have a link?
  6. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Xbox one Elite Controller grips - Rubber falling off.

Thema:

1. My new Xbox controller is broken - Similar Threads - controller broken

2. I had a repaire done on an elite 2 controller it was returned …still broken and with...

in XBoX on Windows
    I had a repaire done on an elite 2 controller it was returned …still broken and with...: In December of 2023 I purchased and elite 2 controller and by mid April 24 it was broken. The sticks drift and get stuck making it impossible to play. It was “repaired” under warranty. I received...
  3. My replacement controller is broken. What do I do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My replacement controller is broken. What do I do?: My first controller was out of warranty and broke. I requested a replacement controller and paid the 80$. The replacement controller came with an intermittent rb button. What should I do now?...
  4. Broken rt on elite controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Broken rt on elite controller: The right trigger on my elite controller is being registered as constantly being pressed down and going to home instantly pushes the selection down and won’t go up I cannot afford a new one please...
  5. Is there any way i can get a replacement controller, if i already got rid of the broken one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there any way i can get a replacement controller, if i already got rid of the broken one: my controller had an issue but my mum chose to bin it is there anyway i can be sent a new one 4eec4f68-2424-4df6-9f68-c629f9c01e54
  6. How can I get my controller repaired? Still broken after 2nd times repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I get my controller repaired? Still broken after 2nd times repair: This is what I got from 2nd repair. 2024-01-09 172116.png My controller cannot charge after 3 months use. Because it is still in warranty so I tried to get it repaired. Frist time send it to...
  7. Unable to contact support over Xbox Design Labs broken new controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to contact support over Xbox Design Labs broken new controller: I ordered an Xbox design lab controller that showed up broken on arrival. Triggers don't work and the black handgrip looks like its peeling. This this should have never made it through quality...
  8. by xbox elite controller is broken

in XBoX on Windows
    by xbox elite controller is broken: hi guys so i just spilt coke on my controller but not all over it the joy sticks work and the xbox middle button dose good but the light on it dosent same with the dpad and the buttons i think the...
  9. Numerous broken elite series 2 controllers and non existent support

in XBoX on Consoles
    Numerous broken elite series 2 controllers and non existent support: I have spent hundreds on numerous elite series 2 controllers for either the back paddles or bumpers to stop working, this is a known issue with build quality but have exhausted the warranty on one...
  10. I’ve had 8 elite series 2 controllers, every single one has broken bumpers after about 3...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’ve had 8 elite series 2 controllers, every single one has broken bumpers after about 3...: This is not an exaggeration. I have spent an unreal amount of money on these controllers because they are the best beyond a doubt. However, the bumpers are literally made of paper. I should get 3...