My new Series X is having problems with the controller detecting a headset.

Discus and support My new Series X is having problems with the controller detecting a headset. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm having a little issue with my controller and using a headset for audio. Earlier today, I plugged my computer headset into the 3.5 slot on the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Fallen189, Nov 6, 2021.

1. Fallen189
    Fallen189 Guest

I'm having a little issue with my controller and using a headset for audio.

Earlier today, I plugged my computer headset into the 3.5 slot on the controller and it automatically detected it and audio came out of it.

Now, 5 hours later, it's not working at all and I don't understand why. I've tried three different sets of headphones and there's no audio coming from them, at all.

Now there's a slight static from the headphones when they're plugged into the controller which makes me think there's power and they're working, but no xbox audio at all comes through them.

I've tried going through every option in the settings, I've restarted the console several times with the headphones In and out, and I'm at my wits end

Any ideas?

:)

Fallen189, Nov 6, 2021
  2. Fallen189 Win User

A repair order on a brand new, flagship console thats three days old? That kinda stinks.

Do they offer any sort of recompense?
  3. MateusFontana Win User

4. Fallen189 Win User

Already tried the FW update thanks Mateus!
  5. MateusFontana Win User

I believe the problem is not the console itself, but the controller, where it is not detecting your headset for some reason, maybe a hardware defect in the input.

Another thing you can test, to see if it's a software or configuration issue, is to go to the general console settings tab, select the volume and audio output option.

*Test the headphone formats, what usually works is the Windows Sonic option.

*If that doesn't work you can try a factory reset for the console too, to do this follow the instructions below, please.

Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

On the Reset your console? screen, you'll see three options:

*Select the option to keep your games and apps, if it doesn't work that way, choose to delete everything. If this solution does not work, the problem may be with the control hardware and you would need to initiate a repair order.
  6. MateusFontana Win User

Hello, how are you? My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First, welcome to the Xbox community. I'm sorry you're having this problem

Before trying any kind of different solutions, please check that there is no firmware update for your controller, to do this first, make sure you have your headset plugged into the controller as if there is any update both will be updated.

To update your controller, please follow the instructions contained in the article below.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

*If the solution to update the control does not solve the problem, I recommend trying the options contained in the link below.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

*Thank you in advance for contacting us.
Thema:

1. My new Series X is having problems with the controller detecting a headset. - Similar Threads - Series having problems

2. Having a problem with my Xbox series x not powering on my tv ??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Having a problem with my Xbox series x not powering on my tv ??: My Xbox willl cycle the tv off when I turn console off but will not turn it on! Before anyone suggests it yes I have checked my tv settings and yes cec is turned on for my tv in settings, it’s...
  3. Hi so I have this strange problem with my elite series 2 controller.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi so I have this strange problem with my elite series 2 controller.: [img] I’ll post an image so everyone can see what i’m talking about but the top layer of metal on the joystick is bending upward. I’m not really sure how this happened. I’m assuming it’s just from...
  4. anyone else have a problem with series x not connecting properly when using ethernet...

in XBoX on Consoles
    anyone else have a problem with series x not connecting properly when using ethernet...: ive tried every fix possible, im far from stupid and been using computers/consoles since the 70s, starting with atari 2600 to coding on a zx spectrum 48k when i was 12. there is definitely a...
  5. my xbox series x's hdmi port just randomly stopped working when i was having problems with...

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox series x's hdmi port just randomly stopped working when i was having problems with...: i couldnt get it to work so i had to use my xbox one now so i wanna know how i can get a refund or something or atleast i want to be able to play teardown on my xbox one thanks sorry...
  6. i have a problem that every time i open Microsoft rewards on my Xbox series S it says oops...

in XBoX Accessibility
    i have a problem that every time i open Microsoft rewards on my Xbox series S it says oops...: i have a problem that every time i open Microsoft rewards on my Xbox series S it says oops something went wrong please try again a7154711-3bd8-4071-a8a5-f143f1b50ee7
  7. Mi xbox series elite 2 have a problem with the A sometimes i need to press it twice cuz...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mi xbox series elite 2 have a problem with the A sometimes i need to press it twice cuz...: Mi xbox series elite 2 have a problem with the A sometimes i need to press it twice cuz dont work Could the support contact me to fix it in any way? 3fa7956c-a1e4-4db7-99c9-c1aef0b6fcea
  8. I have a problem with 2 black elite series 2 controllers

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a problem with 2 black elite series 2 controllers: I have a problem with 2 elite series 2 black controllers they both still have the 1 year warranty however on 1 the grip is falling off and the other the left stick keeps getting stuck I asked the...
  9. Okay so I have having problems playing 360 games on the series x I had clear my 360 storage...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Okay so I have having problems playing 360 games on the series x I had clear my 360 storage...: *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** a54e11ff-4d21-4e26-805c-1de26eaf67d9
  10. I have went through 2 brand new series s because of this problem I have bad screen...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have went through 2 brand new series s because of this problem I have bad screen...: Screen stuttering on series s 3e1d1483-2a59-4d3f-a040-6086c72bec36