My networks set to automatically detect port, but it keeps changing?

Discus and support My networks set to automatically detect port, but it keeps changing? in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; My networks set to automatically detect port, but it keeps changing? Hi Shadows, Thanks for coming to the forums. IPv4 and IPv6 are two different... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by KaliShadows, Sep 26, 2019.

1. KaliShadows
    KaliShadows Guest

Hi Shadows,

Thanks for coming to the forums. IPv4 and IPv6 are two different internet protocols. They are not a certain internet. For example IPv4 is 192.168.0.1 IPv6 is E1My networks set to automatically detect port, but it keeps changing? :D6: etc. etc. Which can be 45 characters long. IPv6 is there as Ipv4 is running out so it will
    eventually be the new IP system. So these wont have any issue with your online gaming.

If you only have one console, you do not need the Alternate port selection. This is used when you have more than one console connected to the network. You can see this information in the
    nat error solution step 8

If you have two or more Xbox consoles on your home network

From the Network Settings screen:

1. Select Advanced Settings.
    2. Select Alternate port selection.
    3. Select Manual.
    4. On the Select Port menu, select one of the options from the list.
    5. Write down the number of the port you selected. You’ll use this in place of port 3074 when you open the ports for your second console.
    So we need to find out some information. How does it affect your online gaming and socialization? Do you get disconnects? Please provide some additional information on that issue.

Thanks,

Brad

:)

KaliShadows, Sep 26, 2019
  2. Phoenix_Reins Win User

Hi KaliShadows,

That sound like it may be the router, have you check with your ISP?
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi Shadows,

Thanks for coming to the forums. IPv4 and IPv6 are two different internet protocols. They are not a certain internet. For example IPv4 is 192.168.0.1 IPv6 is E1:D6: etc. etc. Which can be 45 characters long. IPv6 is there as Ipv4 is running out so it will
    eventually be the new IP system. So these wont have any issue with your online gaming.

If you only have one console, you do not need the Alternate port selection. This is used when you have more than one console connected to the network. You can see this information in the

3. Select Manual.
    5. Write down the number of the port you selected. You’ll use this in place of port 3074 when you open the ports for your second console.
    So we need to find out some information. How does it affect your online gaming and socialization? Do you get disconnects? Please provide some additional information on that issue.

Thanks,

Brad
  4. KaliShadows Win User

Hi Shadows,

Thanks for coming to the forums. IPv4 and IPv6 are two different internet protocols. They are not a certain internet. For example IPv4 is 192.168.0.1 IPv6 is E1:D6: etc. etc. Which can be 45 characters long. IPv6 is there as Ipv4 is running out so it will

3. Select Manual.

Thanks,

Brad
    Brad in reply to your response, there are multiple things occuring with my device,I dont know what is the issue. For example its starting to become very slow, meaning I press the A button on my controller, and it wont read the controllers input command till
    about 6 seconds after I press the button, this issue is not an all the time issue, but it happens more times then not. Aswell as the i9ssues ive been experiencing, is, multiple times in a day it will DC me from the game servers telling me ive been disconnected
    from xbox live servers due to an unknown network error, then i get another error along side that one pretty muchy telling me that it failed to find session that was compatable, please try again later, andd aswell as when i get invited to my friends ingame
    session, when its in the middle of loading the live xbox sessions details, it willl give me another error telling me failed to join session, because session no longer exsists.and then when i do happen to make it to the match making service, i am stuck for
    pretty much every game i own in the lobbies, never being able to quickly find online sessions.
  5. Mutt1313 Win User

XBox can not connect to the Network.

I've turned the router and modem off for a minute and powered them back up no changes. I plugged the ethernet cable running to my Box directly into the modem but the modem acted as if the cable wasn't even there. But again plug it into this one port on the
    router and it can detect it but I still can't connect to the network and it continues to give me an IP address error.

All Network settings are on Automatic.
  6. SirChevron Win User

Xbox One backward compatibility wont connect to the internet

In the Network Settings > Advanced Settings, it doesn't give you the button: Alternate Port Selection? Because in there, you need to change it from Automatic to Manual and use port 53161.
Thema:

1. My networks set to automatically detect port, but it keeps changing? - Similar Threads - networks set automatically

2. My Xbox Series S won’t open the network settings.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series S won’t open the network settings.: I’ve had my Xbox series S for maybe about almost two years now and had no trouble with it since then. Although recently every time I try to connect to the internet it proceeds to not open the...
  3. Xbox series X Can’t find teredo id when my networks firewall is set to high,

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X Can’t find teredo id when my networks firewall is set to high,: Xbox Can’t find teredo id when my networks firewall is set to high, eb00db5f-8748-44ce-983f-5f2e02a15564
  4. Where is the Xbox Networking section in settings?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where is the Xbox Networking section in settings?: Yesterday, I went into Settings > Gaming > Xbox Networking to check my NAT type. Today, Xbox Networking section doesn't seem to be there anymore. Where is this setting? I am unable find a mention...
  5. Change what setting on my social network what’s not set up right

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change what setting on my social network what’s not set up right: What setting do I have to change It to do this customize your privacy settings Then settings - account-privacy & online safety thought I did it but must be missing it somehow. Games will not start...
  6. Xbox series S wont connect to wireless network after power reset/hard reset/ setting changes

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series S wont connect to wireless network after power reset/hard reset/ setting changes: nothing has worked for no specific reason besides ethernet which isn’t available for me and i tried hard resetting it but the issue came back a day later and it is persisting on not letting me...
  7. No Network Settings or Multiplayer Option in No Man's Sky

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No Network Settings or Multiplayer Option in No Man's Sky: I play on PC using the Xbox app and the game pass. I've gotten through the first missions and have reached the Anomaly. In the options menu, there is no Network choice. When pressing start on the...
  8. Network connection and NAT settings

in XBoX on Consoles
    Network connection and NAT settings: My xbox is connected to the network but I cannot connect to online games or multiplayer. I've checked and it might have something to do with NAT being unavailable but I do not know how to fix...
  9. My Xbox is lagging and can't open the network settings.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox is lagging and can't open the network settings.: As I said my Xbox is lagging and won't open the network settings and if I try it freezes my screen for 5 minutes so I tried powering cycling, restarting the console and even resetting it, what do...
  10. Res-set Xbox One consule - unable to join network: XboxSetupDC11 - please help

in XBoX on Consoles
    Res-set Xbox One consule - unable to join network: XboxSetupDC11 - please help: Hi all, XBOne would not let me launch any games and was automatically turning off. Also received green, blue and black screen plus error messages saying things were taking too long to load etc....