My network ping is too high what can i do

Discus and support My network ping is too high what can i do in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi. I've had an xbox for a while now. And I have problems with ping. When I had playstation4 my ping was 10-30ms now when I changed to Xbox my ping is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Miikazz aa, Jan 14, 2023.

1. Miikazz aa
    Miikazz aa Guest

Hi. I've had an xbox for a while now. And I have problems with ping. When I had playstation4 my ping was 10-30ms now when I changed to Xbox my ping is 50-90 all the time. I have internet sharing from my phone and it has always worked with that ping on the playstation. What can i do to get such as low ping with playstation

:)

Miikazz aa, Jan 14, 2023
  2. a tired old guy Win User

One Bar

Actually, your ping is fairly high for 50 miles, and could be part of the problem. Check first what others said about usage on your network.

But with a 94 ms ping, you are probably getting put in lobbies with 100 ms ping ...... and your single bar connection is the result of your poor pings coupled with the host having a poor connection.

I'd start doing some frequeny pingtests, and if they are constantly that high I'd be talking to my internet provider.
  3. PhilipBell120 Win User

MacBox doesn't work (latency)

i'm struggling with a high ping, mine is 160ms on a wired connection, everything on my network is at 32ms apart from my one.

i'm in the UK and the general consensus is the network statistics check pings a server in the US hence the high ping. i've been arguing with microsoft support for the last 24 hours but they don't understand ping and the affect distance has on it. mongs
  4. BloodPrince 361 Win User

Strange recurring problem with not displaying xbox live menus

you may want to run a network test in network settings. the tabs wont refresh properly if you suffer from high latency aka Ping. my new network has 86ms ping from the old 500+ ping :)
  5. ArminatorX Win User

Xbox one s high ping

Do you measure the ping with the Network settings test in the console, or is that a ping shown in a game?

Be aware that game Ping also depends on other players hosting the match. If they have a slow internet connection, or are far away, the ping goes up for you as well.

If you get high ping during the console's network test, try doing a speedtest on your PC, selecting a speedtest server close to Seattle or Redmond (USA Washington State).

If the ping is high during that test as well, you might have to talk to your ISP if they have routing issues.
  6. To CyNicAL Win User

Games unplayable - Extremely high ping to xbox live.

Ummm you need to stay away from drugs I think. You can't come here saying your friend is a network engineer for the government when you say he kinda knows what he is saying.

Regarding your ping times I would suggest a speediest to 3 different servers on speed test.net all close to you. Secondly perform a tracert in dos to determine where the ping goes high. You may have a virus on a home network causing high pings or someone's
    downloading stuff.
Thema:

1. My network ping is too high what can i do - Similar Threads - network ping too

2. Can't sing in Xbox network for Sea Of Thieves.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't sing in Xbox network for Sea Of Thieves.: Hi, operating on Windows 11 and I used to play SOT 1-2 years ago through Steam and now I'm getting the "You must be signed in to the Xbox network to play Sea of Thieves. Please sign in and try...
  3. I cannot access xbox networking and xbox console companion in Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot access xbox networking and xbox console companion in Windows 11: I installed Windows 11 recently, and was enjoying Forza Horizon 5 and one day i couldn't access online to play with friends. I reinstalled xbox and whole game but it wasn't fixed. I searched for...
  4. Is there a driver to pc for a "Xbox 360 WIFI Wireless Network Adapter" ? so that i use it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a driver to pc for a "Xbox 360 WIFI Wireless Network Adapter" ? so that i use it...: Is there a driver to pc for a "Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adapter" ? so that i use it on my computer so i put in my pc the xbox 360 wifi adapter, and it show up under my device manager, but The...
  5. how to fix teredo error "Client on managed network"

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to fix teredo error "Client on managed network": My friend and I are trying to play astroneer for the last week, but we found tons of problems with toredo in Windows 11, and now we are stuck with this error "Client on managed network". To be...
  6. Network error when signing into Xbox 360 network.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Network error when signing into Xbox 360 network.: I’ve been having countless issues trying to play old 360 games on my Xbox x the past week or so. It began with me being unable to even download my account to not being able to connect to Xbox...
  7. Xbox network connection has a very high ping. (Windows)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox network connection has a very high ping. (Windows): Hello, I have since about a day the problem that my ping to the Xbox network is very high. This is consistently at about 170ms. A reasonable game is not possible. UPDATE: I have set the server...
  8. How do I lower ping in Xbox Network Test and with local servers?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I lower ping in Xbox Network Test and with local servers?: I'm living in South Africa. Playing online games such as Battlefield and Halo work fine, ping wise. As soon as I play a game where fellow South African players host and invite me(or other way...
  9. Windows 10 gaming Network says that I have 42 ping, but the xbox app says that I have over 400 ...

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows 10 gaming Network says that I have 42 ping, but the xbox app says that I have over 400 ...: Ever since I've moved onto a college campus, the xbox app has had a high latency, even though the internet here is absolutely amazing. I've checked in the settings, gaming, network thing, and it...
  10. High Ping on Xbox Live Network Stats Test

in XBoX on Consoles
    High Ping on Xbox Live Network Stats Test: I'm living in the UK and whenever I run a detailed network statistics test i get told i have a ping of 165ms! not sure whats going on as its on a wired connection and registers an Open NAT, port...