My MSFS install from Xbox app is not working, please help!

Discus and support My MSFS install from Xbox app is not working, please help! in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So, I got my new gaming laptop recently and I got it so it could run Microsoft flight simulator 2020. I downloaded the Xbox app, and I pressed install... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Xavier Neves, Jan 18, 2023.

1. Xavier Neves
    Xavier Neves Guest

So, I got my new gaming laptop recently and I got it so it could run Microsoft flight simulator 2020. I downloaded the Xbox app, and I pressed install on the MSFS game and I press download it then just shows me this. I can't work out how to send a picture, but it says that: (preparing 157GB) and it never stops saying that. I don't think that should be happening as I watched a tutorial and it's only a few mb download and then download the full game within the game. My PC is all up to date with updates and software also my Xbox app to. I have no idea what's happening, and I hope someone can help me with this issue.

:)

Xavier Neves, Jan 18, 2023
  2. HShvs Win User

Unable to launch Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

Encountered this issue this morning - annoying! I found a solution that worked for me and saved me from having to redownload entirely.

Go to Windows Settings > Apps > Reset and Repair MSFS. This will remove the icon from Xbox Game Pass so 'install' MSFS on Xbox Game Pass again, but selecting the install path the game was on will trigger the actual file repair.

The game should then just run as per normal.
  3. ∆cceleratørX Win User

0x800701b1 in Gaming Services UI when launching Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

I seem to have fixed my version of this issue whilst checking the Xbox app, on the MSFS page I saw that digital ownership has been uninstalled for some reason, Installed digital ownership and boom, MSFS is launching normally again without having to do the dumb wifi off work around.
  4. PierreJansen1 Win User

Flight Sim 2020 stuck on black screen and "Press Any Key ..."

Thanks. Like you, I did purchase MSFS 2020 from the Microsoft Store and I had to install the XBox (beta) app. to make it work.

Very weird to say the least!

I have no interest in Xbox and it's annoying to have the Xbox buttons in the top right of my screen with the funny player's name that was assigned.
  5. Alan345 Win User

MSFS: "you do not have enough space on this disk"

I would like to confirm, at the moment, the space previously used to install the game wasn’t deleted, correct?
    r: no it wasnt deleted and msfs currently takes up 163gb

Additionally, did you try to install the game on the system / C: partition, or you wanted to use another partition to install the game?

r: on the c drive

Lastly, did you download the game from the Microsoft Store, Xbox app, or did you use Steam?

r: xbox app, but it downloaded the client so i can open it from both the microsoft store and xbox app

so how much storage do i need to install the standard version of msfs, as i might just not have enough on my disk
  6. Tim Kelly2 Win User

Can't sign in to Xbox to launch MSFS

Sorry, I'm really confused about the Xbox app. Is it a program that needs to be installed on my computer? I see these instructions: Search for Xbox app and install.

1. . To install Xbox app, follow the steps below:
      • Open Microsoft store
      • Search for Xbox app and install.
      • Wait for the app to completely install.
    When I go to the Microsoft store & search for the Xbox app then click on " Get in store app" a box pops up with an "open" tab. When I click on the open tab, it looks like I'm signed in . I don't see any download link for the app.

I'm also confused about whether successfully downloading & installing the Xbox app will solve the problem of signing into Xbox to play MSFS. Is it likely that need to uninstall & reinstall my Steam version of MSFS to fix this problem?
Thema:

1. My MSFS install from Xbox app is not working, please help! - Similar Threads - MSFS install app

2. code 0x89235106 when attempting to install MSFS

in XBoX on Consoles
    code 0x89235106 when attempting to install MSFS: Trying to download and install MSFS after purchase through MS store. Receive error code 0x89235106 This is occuring on a network where the resource is likely blocked. What resource/ip addresses...
  3. i need step by step instructions on how to install msfs from a disc drive

in XBoX on Windows
    i need step by step instructions on how to install msfs from a disc drive: I purchased a sealed copy of msfs deluxe version. I started disc 1 and it ran for many hours and finally stopped so I started disc 2 and it ran for many hours. Was I supposed to anything else...
  4. Cannot install MSFS: Premium Deluxe Edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot install MSFS: Premium Deluxe Edition: Hi all, I need assistance with following problem. Scenario: I have redeemed a code to purchase MSFS: Premium Deluxe Edition. When I try to install and launch from above page to XBox app, I...
  5. MSFS on PC "This content is already installed on your disk. purchase it to access it." (I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MSFS on PC "This content is already installed on your disk. purchase it to access it." (I...: A plane I have used in the past in MSFS is no longer in the list of available aircraft. When I look for it on the Marketplace I see this..."This content is already installed on your disk. purchase...
  6. MSFS 2020 premium installed, i can not starting the application, he will a start cd,

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MSFS 2020 premium installed, i can not starting the application, he will a start cd,: MSFS 2020 premium installed, i can not starting the application, he will a start cd, this game is in my xbox list i have paid this game at digitec/galaxus and normally installed, and enscrived...
  7. MSFS 2020 ( I'm new to installs and addons and im starting out) (SOLVED)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MSFS 2020 ( I'm new to installs and addons and im starting out) (SOLVED): I'm installing Microsoft Flight Simulator, but I need the 2020 version. Will installing normally from the Xbox app bring me to a select menu later, once installed?...
  8. MSFS 2020 Install Loop

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MSFS 2020 Install Loop: When I got the game (Today) it installs perfectly on steam the I launch the Installation manager it installs the first of the files no problem but when it reaches [11/508] it just stays on it and...
  9. MSFS 2020 two games installed STEAM and digital download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MSFS 2020 two games installed STEAM and digital download: Hi All. I bought the MSFS2020 super deluxe (high-end) on Steam and use family sharing to enable both me and my son to play on our respective PC's. However, his gaming has moved on to F1 on Steam....
  10. How to install MSFS in pc when bough on xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to install MSFS in pc when bough on xbox: Recently I have been trying to download MSFS on computer, but I previously owned it on xbox. If I go straight to Microsoft store, I am asked to buy it again. If I open Microsoft store through Xbox...