My mouse lag when i make small movements on XSX

Discus and support My mouse lag when i make small movements on XSX in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Good morning! I come here to complain and seek solutions. My problem is that when I play keyboard / mouse compatible games like "Call Of Duty"... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by xShiury, Jan 27, 2023.

1. xShiury
    xShiury Guest

Good morning!

I come here to complain and seek solutions.

My problem is that when I play keyboard / mouse compatible games like "Call Of Duty" "Fortnite" and others, my moiuse little movements are jerky and the mouse does not react to the milimeter. This prevents me from having a pleasant and even competitive experience depending on the game.

I tested with 4 keyboards and 4 mice on my Xbox One and on my Xbox Series X.

I tried with a Bluetooth and wired mouse, currently I use the logitech 502 X.

I tried to reset my console, to try all the ports, to change hardware, to change the dpi, the polling rates etc etc but nothing works.

After multiple searches I find that there is a problem with "Polling Rate" and "input lag/delay" and for some "mouse acceleration". The polling rate will be blocked at a value, knowing that on computer the normal value is 1000hz on console it is much lower. I don't understand how Microsoft, who themselves manage mouse drivers and create OS, can leave it like this for so long.

Shouldn't be able to compete with real computer players. Currently no.

Do you have any real solutions? Are there real updates to the drivers and mouse drivers that will be put in? When ?

:)

xShiury, Jan 27, 2023
  2. Jason Guer Win User

Hello xShiury

Good Day!

Thank you for the information above. Highly appreciated!

It clearly stated that your issue is within the keyboard and mouse to control the game, since the controller works fine. In regard to this each game has its settings on how to control it using a specific keyboard and mouse. This may refer to compatibility issue. All games in Xbox App need to have a controller to fully navigate and access the game. Using keyboard and mouse would be an option. Since you wanted to use your keyboard and mouse over to your computer. I would suggest contacting the developer of the game you are having an issue with, in order for them to provide feasible ways to make sure that you are able to play the game without any issue.

For more troubleshooting steps, you may access the link below.

Click here: Navigate with a mouse and keyboard | Xbox Support

We look forward to your next response.

Regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Jason Guer Win User

Hello xShiury

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have an issue in regard to your mouse or keyboard not properly working most especially when you are using the Xbox series X. Let’s work together in finding the best resolution to this issue.

For me to better understand the issue, I’d like to ask a few questions:

• Is this happening to every games playable with keyboard and mouse?
    • Is the issue happening when you are using the Xbox Controller?
    • Is the game played using Xbox cloud game or game installed directly to your device?
    I would like to give you more information about this problem. However, we may first have to wait for the above response to ensure that we understand your concern correctly and that we can provide the necessary information.

We look forward to your next response.

Regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. xShiury Win User

Thanks Jason for you’re answer !

But when i move my cursor by Microsoft, it jerks. I don’t think its the Game compatibility.

What’s the polling rate of the mouse on Xbox Serie X ?

What’s the delay to the answer of the keyboard and after the mouse ?
  5. xShiury Win User

Hi Jason !

So, this problem is on every game, it jerks when i make small movements. If i move very very slowly, the mouse does not react. It not feel natural as the sensation like a PC.

When i use my controller, it feels responsive and naturel.

All Game i tried are installed.

But like i said my problem arrive to many keyboard and mouse player.

I have thé impression to those mouses are not correcty use by the Xbox Serie X.
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

Mouse and Keyboard suport for Fortnite

Hello Kyoto,

I have seen many posts about this with lag for mouse movement on Fortnite. You can look over the

Mouse and keyboard support
    and see if that will help any.

Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

1. My mouse lag when i make small movements on XSX - Similar Threads - mouse lag small

2. Is it possible to code a gaming mouse using the brainded cable itself??

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is it possible to code a gaming mouse using the brainded cable itself??: Is it possible to code a gaming mouse using the brainded cable itself?? I have a GM600 (Ant E-sports) Is there any way to do it..? b9b26253-936c-4233-8232-cbb9b3758fd3
  3. Defectuous mouse in warranty waiting for replacement.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Defectuous mouse in warranty waiting for replacement.: I own a 3500 Lochness mouse that had it's scroll wheel stop working recently. It was purchased Aug/2023 and it has a 3 year warranty. Local retailer pointed me to Microsoft's support since they...
  4. Coud gaming using keyboard / mouse on Mac ?

in XboX Insiders
    Coud gaming using keyboard / mouse on Mac ?: Hello Insiders Im part of Deta release and Im up to date so according to last changelogs I should be able to test keyboard / mouse beta through cloud gaming on browser :...
  5. my wirless mouse wont coonect to my xbox series s with usb dongle. What do i do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    my wirless mouse wont coonect to my xbox series s with usb dongle. What do i do?: my wirless mouse wont coonect to my xbox series s with usb dongle. What do i do? 76e8cdf4-62ad-445c-b601-011e8731c856
  6. Xcloud mouse and keyboard problem

in XboX Insiders
    Xcloud mouse and keyboard problem: I have a problem with the cloud, I joined the Xbox Insider program, but the option to play with mouse and keyboard does not appear, Halo Infinite, Age 2, and so on. Does anyone know the solution?...
  7. Mouse compatibility

in XBoX on Windows
    Mouse compatibility: Hello i wanted to ask if the logitech g305 is compatible with xbox series s eb8f8e98-68d5-48c5-9bc7-df1136eadeca
  8. Mouse and keyboard only working with Halo Infinit

in XboX Insiders
    Mouse and keyboard only working with Halo Infinit: I'm part of the program and I went to test mouse and keyboard support, and the games I tested: -Sea of Thieves: Only the mouse works; -Mount&Blade 2: Mouse and keyboard do not work; -Halo...
  9. I can’t use my keyboard and mouse on my Xbox. I can only use it on my main account and not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t use my keyboard and mouse on my Xbox. I can only use it on my main account and not...: My keyboard and mouse are both from Logitech. 01e82728-4b2a-41f2-b31c-0936bcee96d0
  10. How to reduce input lag mouse movement on Xbox series x on several games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to reduce input lag mouse movement on Xbox series x on several games: I have an issue with input lag mouse movement on several games using mouse razer death adder v.2 I think it's mouse acceleration lag as I overshoot the target location with the curser all the...