My Minecraft xbox one edition world will not update to Minecraft 2017, what do i do?

Discus and support My Minecraft xbox one edition world will not update to Minecraft 2017, what do i do? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; This world is survival superflat and has been around since Title update seven on the Xbox 360 i want to update this world but Minecraft 2017 keeps... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Dread My Bed, Mar 21, 2023.

1. Dread My Bed
    Dread My Bed Guest

My Minecraft xbox one edition world will not update to Minecraft 2017, what do i do?

This world is survival superflat and has been around since Title update seven on the Xbox 360 i want to update this world but Minecraft 2017 keeps crashing at 58%

:)

Dread My Bed, Mar 21, 2023
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Good day!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Moderator
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Hello,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We understand that you are trying to update your world from Minecraft Xbox One Edition to Minecraft 2017 and the Minecraft 2017 keeps crashing at 58%. Let us check on this together so you will get back to gaming.

To answer your question, you may need to copy your game and upload it on another Minecraft version. There is a support article that you may need to check how to update your world - Managing Data and Game Storage in Minecraft | Minecraft Help.

Note:

About free upgrade of Minecraft: Xbox One Edition to Minecraft Bedrock version: Xbox One Update Reminder | Minecraft.

Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. XBF Diego M Win User

Transfering Minecraft save worlds from Xbox 360 to Xbox One Legacy

Hi there,

Have you hard reset your Xbox and power cycled it to see if Minecraft on Xbox One received an update as well?

I noticed this note on the Mojang support page for transferring worlds on Xbox Consoles: "Please note:
    It’s not possible to transfer a world directly from Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition to the new version of Minecraft for Xbox One. To do this, you will need to first transfer the world to Xbox One Edition
    and then to the new version of Minecraft."

If I'm not mistaken Minecraft Xbox One Edition was upgraded to the new version of Minecraft with the BTU but based on that note you would have to upload the worlds to the Xbox One edition and then to the newest version of Minecraft on Xbox One. I'm not sure
    if this has anything to do with the issue but I figured it was worth noting.
  5. ArmyVeteran 19D Win User

Transfering Minecraft save worlds from Xbox 360 to Xbox One Legacy

Hi there,

Have you hard reset your Xbox and power cycled it to see if Minecraft on Xbox One received an update as well?

I noticed this note on the Mojang support page for transferring worlds on Xbox Consoles: "Please note:
    It’s not possible to transfer a world directly from Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition to the new version of Minecraft for Xbox One. To do this, you will need to first transfer the world to Xbox One Edition
    and then to the new version of Minecraft."

If I'm not mistaken Minecraft Xbox One Edition was upgraded to the new version of Minecraft with the BTU but based on that note you would have to upload the worlds to the Xbox One edition and then to the newest version of Minecraft on Xbox One. I'm not sure
    if this has anything to do with the issue but I figured it was worth noting.
    Yes, both my Xbox 360 and Xbox One are fully updated. Minecraft Xbox One Edition or Legacy Edition and the Xbox one Better Together Edition are not the same. The BTU is an inferior version of Xbox One Minecraft Edition based off of the Pocket Edition for
    phone. It has extreme lag, chaotic menu system and broken redstone functions. I run Xbox One Edition not the BTU. So transferring to the new version of Minecraft for Xbox One has no relevance to me. They even state you need to transfer it to the Xbox One Edition
    (the version I use) first which you can do. But once it is transferred to that edition it can not be used on that same edition.
  6. nidgemo Win User

Transfer world from Minecraft XBox 360 to Minecraft: Xbox One Edition

Hello

Sorry for the late reply - the error message I get is "This save is only compatible with Minecraft (2017)" - (see attachment)

[​IMG]
    that does seem a fairly clear instruction, however, the reason I purchased the specific version of Minecraft I did (Minecraft: Xbox
    One Edition) was because the SPECIFIC advice on the Minecraft website (and therefore which Microsoft is responsible for) at https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/articles/360035131751-Transfer-Minecraft-worlds-on-Xbox-consoles-

states "It’s not possible to transfer a world directly from Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition to the new version of Minecraft for Xbox One. To do this, you will need to first transfer the world to Xbox One Edition"

Indeed, this specific instruction still remains, and that is with the latest update of that article dated 2020-02-06

As such, given I was following Minecraft / Microsofts specific advice, will Microsoft exchange my copy of Minecraft: Xbox One Edition for the version it now looks like I need to succesfully transfer the world my little boy and girl have years of work in?
Thema:

1. My Minecraft xbox one edition world will not update to Minecraft 2017, what do i do? - Similar Threads - Minecraft edition world

2. My chats dont appear for others but I can see other peoples chats. Minecraft bedrock edition

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My chats dont appear for others but I can see other peoples chats. Minecraft bedrock edition: I am gonna keep this short and simple. When I play on a single player world and I have one of my friends join me, when I try to talk to them via chat, they can't see them, but I can see what they...
  3. Minecraft java edition suggestion?

in XboX Insiders
    Minecraft java edition suggestion?: Please add a way to add friends in minecraft java edition it would be way easier playing with friends in java edition without having to create a server. now there i am a dummy dum dum and i might...
  4. How can I reinstall Minecraft Java and bedrock edition again? I do not want to pay for it again

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I reinstall Minecraft Java and bedrock edition again? I do not want to pay for it again: As what the title says and I cannot find the dang receipt either which is mind boggling I need help BADLY 50eef25b-bc33-493b-b603-dea3002beb63
  5. Why don't they make the Minecraft education edition free also for the demo to make world's

in XBoX on Windows
    Why don't they make the Minecraft education edition free also for the demo to make world's: Minecraft education edition c2879264-d140-4f7c-9292-aa2d15f88547
  6. How can I get back access to my copy of Minecraft Java Edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I get back access to my copy of Minecraft Java Edition: Hello During the merge of Minecraft and Microsoft I somehow lost access to my copy of Minecraft. I tried support to get it back but kind of gave up. Now I've realized I still have an email of the...
  7. My Minecraft account was successfully migrated but I dont have access to any editions of...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Minecraft account was successfully migrated but I dont have access to any editions of...: Hi, I migrated my minecraft profile successfully to my only microsoft account. (see below images) However on Minecraft.net and in the game launcher It says I dont have the game? Please can...
  8. Why are all my achievments permenantly locked on all worlds in minecraft pocket edition?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why are all my achievments permenantly locked on all worlds in minecraft pocket edition?: I downloaded minecraft pocket edition and started unlocking achievments about two months ago, but one day it just stopped and my achievements are locked no matter what I do. I tried a new survival...
  9. Why can't I invite friends to my Minecraft Windows edition world?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I invite friends to my Minecraft Windows edition world?: I am unable to invite friends to my Minecraft Windows Edition only on one of my worlds. I can see the invite button in the pause menu, but it is greyed out and unclickable. If I switch to any...
  10. Minecraft Crashes on Xbox One when clicking the edit world button

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Crashes on Xbox One when clicking the edit world button: On the main menu, when I click on the pencil icon beside 'my world' it says "syncing user data" and then it stalls out for a bit and then crashes. Very annoying. I am unable to change any...