my minecraft wont update what do i do

Discus and support my minecraft wont update what do i do in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I've been trying to install Minecraft and update it but it has been stuck for the pasty day i tried uninstalling it but it doesn't work help me please... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by donovanarnold, Oct 31, 2022.

1. my minecraft wont update what do i do

I've been trying to install Minecraft and update it but it has been stuck for the pasty day i tried uninstalling it but it doesn't work help me please

:)

donovanarnold, Oct 31, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

My Minecraft update is stuck at 100% what do I do?

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Loustrong

May I know if you're able to cancel the update?

If yes, please cancel it and after that do a power cycle on your console and start the update again:

1. Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.

2. Unplug the console's power cable from the console and from the power outlet. Wait 5 minutes.

Important: Be sure to wait at least 5 minutes. This step resets the power supply.

3. Plug the console power cable back in.

4. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on.

If maybe you're not able to cancel the update, try restarting your console via settings or long pressing the xbox button in your controller
  3. Mister Cerb Win User

my xbox wont update what shall i do?

Hey there Reaper! If you haven't already, please go ahead and make a new thread detailing your issue and any steps you've taken so far to fix it. That is how these forums work best as it lets us tailor our support to your specific issue. Thanks! ^_^
  4. jazzVStheworld Win User

Ive tried all these steps and it didnt work. It doesnt let me update a game and now it doesnt let me update the system update. Its been like this for almost a week
  5. demenace Win User

Update failure

When the xbox tells you an update is needed, but the update will not complete properly.

There are four reasons this can happen.

1. There are some corrupted files on your harddrive or your harddrive does not have enough space left.

or

2. There are some previous downloads stuck in your download queue.

or

3. There are some settings in your router that are blocking the download.

or

4. Your account is not in good standing.

First try to fix number 1:

Look at the contents of your harddrive and delete any files marked as corrupt. Then whether you find any or not, run the hard drive maintenance routine.

Harddrive cache clearing. If there is not enough space, delete some demos or other files you no longer need.

try clearing the Xbox 360 Hard Drive cache.

With the Xbox 360 Hard Drive attached to the console, follow these steps:

a. Locate the System section of the Xbox 360 Dashboard.

b. Select Memory, select Hard Drive, and then press Y to view the device options screen.

c. Select the Clear Cache option

Additional cache clearing

It is possible, that the console has a corrupt update download cache.

You can clear any failed updates by turning off your console, pressing and holding the small synch button next to the Memory Unit slots, and then turning on the console while still keeping the synch button pressed.

This will clear the update cache, and force the Xbox to redownload any failed update again.

To fix number 2:

Clear your download queue on xbox.com
    live.xbox.com/.../Queue
    you can always restart any downloads later.

Fix number 3:

If that does not fix the issue. You will need to look at your router. If you have a separate router and separate modem, then try connecting your xbox directly to your modem; just to get the updates. Once you have the updates, you can connect it
    back to your router. You may want to investigate the proper settings for your router to work fully on Xbox Live.

Fix number 4:

If connecting to the modem still does not fix the issue, check your account status for expired credit cards or other issues.

If all else fails:

You can also check the instructions at this site for other ways to install the update

support.xbox.com/.../system-updates.aspx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  6. ScaryReaper0 Win User

I dont know...but im having the same problems so..ill just call microsoft or somethin..
Thema:

my minecraft wont update what do i do

1. my minecraft wont update what do i do - Similar Threads - minecraft wont update

2. Minecraft wont accept code due to "not logged in", but I am

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft wont accept code due to "not logged in", but I am: I have a valid redeem code I am logged into my MS account at Minecraft Redeem Pre-Paid Tokens | Minecraft When attempting to redeem the code, it redirects me to a MS account page and shows me an...
  3. Minecraft Wont Let Me Use Chat Suddenly

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Wont Let Me Use Chat Suddenly: My Minecraft wont let me use chat in multiplayer, I've checked all my settings and everything should be correct as i havent changed anything and just yesterday i was able to chat with friends on...
  4. Cant get passed create in Minecraft ..clicking on create and it wont open

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant get passed create in Minecraft ..clicking on create and it wont open: When clicking one create it wont go into the game. It just clicks and nothing happen it wont go past create screen 16bfb6fb-9a6a-4dd1-9886-db22509767dd
  5. Minecraft wont allow me to log in, and says buy again when I already bought the game

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft wont allow me to log in, and says buy again when I already bought the game: I bought minecraft a long time ago on one email address i got. Migrated it, and everything was working out fine. Haven't played in a while and wanted to play with my siblings so I tried to log in...
  6. Minecraft wont accept code due to "not logged in", but I am

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft wont accept code due to "not logged in", but I am: I have a valid redeem code I am logged into my MS account at Minecraft Redeem Pre-Paid Tokens | Minecraft When attempting to redeem the code, it redirects me to a MS account page and shows me an...
  7. PS4 Wont let me log into my account on Minecraft.

in XBoX Accessibility
    PS4 Wont let me log into my account on Minecraft.: every time I attempt to log into the account it says "We could not sign you into your Microsoft Account. Access to Realms, Profiles, and your Store items will be limited. Please try again later....
  8. My Minecraft Wont update to 1.20.5 on bedrock in windows 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Minecraft Wont update to 1.20.5 on bedrock in windows 11: I am trying to play Minecraft on a realm but when I try and join it says my client is out of date. I need to be in 1.20.5 but I am in 1.20.41. I have already tried everything that I could google...
  9. Minecraft Bedrock wont launch on Windows 11 PC. Launcher closes if you press play on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Bedrock wont launch on Windows 11 PC. Launcher closes if you press play on...: Bedrock absolutely refuses to launch. The only time it launches is if it is set to preview mode, and not the latest release. Java works completely fine, but bedrock closes the launcher and doesn't...
  10. Minecraft Legacy Launcher Wont Open, "Unable to Update Native Launcher"

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Legacy Launcher Wont Open, "Unable to Update Native Launcher": I am running Windows 7, which I know is unsupported but the legacy launcher still is so I thought I'd give this a try after MojangTech Support ghosted me. I am trying to play Minecraft Java. I...