My Minecraft username was changed when I logged in today. I didn't change it so please help.

Discus and support My Minecraft username was changed when I logged in today. I didn't change it so please help. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My Minecraft username was changed when I logged in today. I didn't change it so something happened and I had nothing to do with it. Please help me... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Lawrence_246, Jan 18, 2023.

1. Lawrence_246
    Lawrence_246 Guest

My Minecraft username was changed when I logged in today. I didn't change it so please help.

My Minecraft username was changed when I logged in today. I didn't change it so something happened and I had nothing to do with it. Please help me recover my old ign. It says I need to wait 30 days to get a new one or to change it and I am not waiting for a mistake that I didn't make. Does anyone know what I can do?

:)

Lawrence_246, Jan 18, 2023
  2. Elin van der Ent1 Win User

My Minecraft username was changed when I logged in today. I didn't change it and I want my old name back, please help.

Hi Annanda, thanks for your help. I've changed my password and reached out to the xbox site and the minecraft page it redirected me to.

Again thanks a lot!

Elin
  3. Annanda Martins Win User

My Minecraft username was changed when I logged in today. I didn't change it and I want my old name back, please help.

Hi, my name is Annanda, thank you for your question and for reaching out.

First of all, I recommend changing your password and making it as secure as possible, okay?

After that, you need to contact Support directly, okay? Here in the community, we have no access to account/billing information, so your best bet is to contact Support directly.

https://support.xbox.com/contact-us/

I hope I was able to answer your questions! Please, if you have any other doubts, we are here to help.

If the reply was helpful, please don’t forget to upvote or accept as an answer, thank you.

Best Regards, Annanda.
  4. David Wirsching Win User

I'd like to request a username change (Minecraft: For Java)

Hello 60Nic, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

I'm sorry you've had problems with your Minecraft account. To change your username in Minecraft: Java Edition, you can follow these steps:

Go to the Minecraft profile page.
    Sign in with your Microsoft account.
    Once you're logged in, you should be able to change your username.
    Please note that you can only change your username once every 30 days. If the hacker recently changed your username, you may have to wait a while before you can change it again.

and once this is done, you should be able to change your name without any problem.

Best regards.
  5. KhajiBower34 Win User

why is minecraft asking me to change my username after updating the launcher?

Hello Lewcio , I am an independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today. My name is Khaji

Minecraft may ask you to change your username after updating the launcher due to several important reasons.

- Account Migration: Mojang, the company that develops Minecraft, has been migrating Mojang accounts to Microsoft accounts, During this process, you may be asked to change your username.

- Username already in use: If your username is being used by another account, you may be asked to change it

- Launcher Update: Some Minecraft launcher updates may require you to change your username.
  6. Melicorn1991 Win User

Minecraft windows 10 name

When I logged into windows 10 using my Microsoft account it instantly used my Xbox username. It there any way I can make my Minecraft account different than my Xbox username? This would be extremely helpful, especially because my Minecraft username
    is 13 letters, and Xbox usernames can only be 12 letters!
    Hi there,

I found this article, I hope this helps:

Minecraft Usernames

This article covers Minecraft usernames for Minecraft: Java Edition on PC/Mac. Minecraft on other platforms do not require usernames, but if you play on Minecraft Realms on these platforms you will use your Xbox gamer tag. The console editions of Minecraft
    use Xbox gamer tag or Sony PSN ID.

Where can I find my username?

If you have a Mojang account, your username can be found and changed on your Mojang account page.

Can I change my username?

Users who have a Mojang account (the default account type for all accounts registered after November 2012) can change their username for free at account.mojang.com/me by clicking the
    (Change) link next to your profile name.

If you sign in with your username, as older accounts do, you'll first need to migrate to a Mojang account before you can change your username.

https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/articles/360034636712-Minecraft-Usernames
Thema:

1. My Minecraft username was changed when I logged in today. I didn't change it so please help. - Similar Threads - Minecraft username was

2. Minecraft Username Switching Trouble

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Username Switching Trouble: Hello, I was told to post this here rather than contacting Minecraft Support, as they no longer deal with this kind of problem since the account migration happened. I own two Minecraft accounts...
  3. I bought minecraft java and bedrock and only received bedrock… username is bobtimjim23

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought minecraft java and bedrock and only received bedrock… username is bobtimjim23: Bought minecraft java and bedrock on bobtimjim23 and only received bedrock 799fe304-93be-4843-b5b5-0794a92b4c93
  4. Remove numbers in gamertag/minecraft username

in XBoX Accessibility
    Remove numbers in gamertag/minecraft username: I made my current account without realizing I already had one with the same username so this one got the numbers. I have changed the username of the first account to something different so it...
  5. Needing a new username for Minecraft Java, yet I already have one on my account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Needing a new username for Minecraft Java, yet I already have one on my account: Hello! I'm on Linux, after switching from Windows, wanted to try something new, just recently reinstalled the Minecraft Launcher, and whenever I try to play Minecraft, it asks for a new username....
  6. Minecraft Java Edition Username stuck on second account using Xbox gamepass that got...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft Java Edition Username stuck on second account using Xbox gamepass that got...: Hi, I'm here asking for help, a few months ago I bought an Xbox GamePass using my second Microsoft account to play Minecraft, months later, I finally bought the full Minecraft on my main account,...
  7. I can't change my minecraft username.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't change my minecraft username.: I enter the launcher, then press "Manage Minecraft: Java Edition profile". ´When I enter the site, I'm logged into the account connected to the email my minecraft account is connected to. For some...
  8. Username trouble minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Username trouble minecraft: When im trying play minecraft - i have an error: Enter a username for minecraft java edition, im entering. and then it says that the nickname is taken, although I write the nickname that is...
  9. Can I retrieve my Minecraft username from my hacked Microsoft account?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I retrieve my Minecraft username from my hacked Microsoft account?: Hello, My account was hacked around April 2023 and was deactivated by Microsoft support. They explained I would not be able to access the account (which is fine) but leaves me to question...
  10. Automatically switched minecraft usernames and now I've lost the old user's inventory with...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Automatically switched minecraft usernames and now I've lost the old user's inventory with...: Been playing actively for two weeks, and launched a couple days ago to find that the java launcher was asking for a new username. I closed and restarted in an attempt to avoid it, but it...