My Minecraft Game(Migrated Account from Mojang) got hacked. I know all the details.

Discus and support My Minecraft Game(Migrated Account from Mojang) got hacked. I know all the details. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I know who stole it. I know the hacker's IGN and the IGN the hacker changed the account name to. I have transaction ID. I can see my account online on... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by John Carpio1, Mar 12, 2023.

1. John Carpio1
    John Carpio1 Guest

My Minecraft Game(Migrated Account from Mojang) got hacked. I know all the details.

I know who stole it. I know the hacker's IGN and the IGN the hacker changed the account name to. I have transaction ID. I can see my account online on Hypixel playing bridge duels. I somehow still have access to my Microsoft account, but apparently this account doesn't have Minecraft with it. I made this account specifically to migrate my account. This account is as fresh as possible. So there is no purchase history. But I do have the email that was sent when I purchased the Mojang account 4 years ago. I think I have all that I need to prove it is mine and was stolen. I just need someone to help me out here. I went to Minecraft support, but they said they couldn't do anything because it was already migrated. I went to Microsoft and they said to go to Minecraft support because they apparently can't see Mojang's sale of my account. Where can I go? Or what should I ask for?

:)

John Carpio1, Mar 12, 2023
  2. John Carpio1 Win User

This is a PC, I have a Microsoft Account to play Minecraft Java Edition. And no sorry, I don't mean I have access to this device I am saying this because I do notice I have some weird sign-in times. It would often be around 1 am to 3 am. The last time that happened was March 5th. And what is interesting is that on a game tracking website that shows player stats, I can see that the hacker last logged onto the server, Hypixel(the server we met on), on March 8th. This makes me think that since it's been days since their last log-in, and as you said that it's not possible for the game to transfer to another Microsoft Account, whatever they were using to keep them logged in no longer works. This is good. However, I would still like to get back what was taken.

Minecraft Support has already said they don't deal with Migrated Microsoft Accounts, only Legacy and Mojang ones.

"Thanks for following up with us regarding this matter. We certainly understand you're trying to recover your Microsoft account. Please note you have reached out to Minecraft Support, our support team is separate from Microsoft and we do not have access to Microsoft account management systems. While we certainly would like to assist, we cannot as we do not have access to Microsoft accounts."

It does seem like the Hacker took my game and left. There is literally nothing else on my account. My Microsoft Account is in my possession(I am using it to write to you). It's hard to describe what they did since it's all speculation. All I know is that they added an alias to my account which was then terminated, I was told by Microsoft Support for abuse. I don't know what that did to make it so they could have access.
  3. John Carpio1 Win User

Thank you for your help Kathy A. I did migrate my Mojang Account to a Microsoft Account(This Account that I am writing on). But I don't know what the Hacker did to have Minecraft Java Edition disappear on this account, but have it playable on another device. As far as I know it's not possible for the Minecraft Game to switch Microsoft Accounts once I already migrated it.
  4. Kathy A. Win User

Hello John Carpio1,

You're welcome.

Yes, it is not possible to transfer the game to another Microsoft account. It is good to hear that you can access your account on another device.

May we know if this is a mobile device? If yes, the license itself is associated to the application store you are using (App Store for iOS and Google Play Store for Android). The license can be seen on the website (Login | Minecraft) of the game however you cannot use the same license on a PC.

Is another device a console? May we know what console it is?

On the other hand, if this another device you are referring to is a PC, we recommend you to contact Minecraft Support for assistance with your credentials.

We look forward for your reply.

Regards,

5. Kathy A. Win User

Hello John Carpio1,

Thanks for providing these details.

We know you have been cautious with your account as you have invested time and money to play games and use this to avail Microsoft services and products. Based on your description, it seems like you were compromised by someone you know or might have meet while playing a game. Although you can check your account's activity and sign into it. There are no advance tools here in Microsoft Community that we can use to help you with this concern. This is better dealt with the live support team and we suggest you to contact them:

1. Please use this link: Contact us | Xbox Support
    2. Scroll down and look at the lower left side if you can see the page matches the country/region you are currently located.

[​IMG]

3. If not, please select the country/region it is showing and select the correct one among the lists.
    4. Make sure to use to check the available contact times of the support.
    5. Select the "Contact Us" button
    6. Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.
    7. The next window will provide you with support articles based on your request and we recommend reviewing the relevant articles before selecting the "See contact options" button.
    8. On the final window, you will be presented with multiple options. We suggest selecting either the "Chat online" or the "Request a call" options to speak with someone. Be sure to provide as much detail as possible.
    9. If you cannot get connected to the support, please use the Virtual Agent and enter this exact phrase, "Talk to an agent".
    10. Should you be encountering issues contacting support, you may try InPrivate Window of your browser, other browser, different device/s or connect to different network.

Regards,

6. Kathy A. Win User

Hello John Carpio1,

We hope you are doing well. Thank you for posting in Xbox Forums.

We understand that you are trying to recover your Minecraft game and is unable to because the account was compromised. I couldn't really imagine how important it is to know that your account is now inaccessible to Xbox and Outlook email. Just to set your expectations, the Microsoft account is managed by a fully automated server and we don't have manual access to it. Microsoft takes the security and privacy of our customers very seriously. We are committed to protecting your personal information, and the careful account recovery process is designed to protect you from possible malicious activity. Please allow me to do the best I can to help you recover your account.

If your Mojang account has been migrated to a Microsoft account that you own, you may recover it by following the steps on the support article: Recover a hacked or compromised Microsoft account.

Should the Mojang account was migrated to a Microsoft account that you do not own. This, unfortunately, cannot be recovered by you as you are not the owner of the account just the Minecraft game it was associated with.

To be fair, no one in the Microsoft community can remove or change your account information. Your own self will be the help you need.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
Thema:

1. My Minecraft Game(Migrated Account from Mojang) got hacked. I know all the details. - Similar Threads - Minecraft Game Migrated

2. Minecraft not working even though i have gold and i paid for game.

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft not working even though i have gold and i paid for game.: i bought minecraft in 2019 and now it is saying i cannot play with how my account is set up even though i have xbox gold. And is now saying i need to pay for xbox ultimate when i click fix this...
  3. Minecraft max numbers of same user inside of game.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Minecraft max numbers of same user inside of game.: I purchased the Bedrock version of Minecraft but am not able to join the local server with the other 2 ios purchased software. It worked with 2 of the same user but not 3. Well technically it...
  4. How do I share game pass with family member that has ipad and want to play minecraft cloud...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I share game pass with family member that has ipad and want to play minecraft cloud...: How do I share game pass with family member that has ipad and want to play minecraft cloud gaming? db198d53-192c-462d-848c-d90ad08927d2
  5. my minecraft account says that i need to buy the game. but i did the migration and i boght...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my minecraft account says that i need to buy the game. but i did the migration and i boght...: Goodafternoon, i have a question about my minecraft account. i tried to login on my pc. but it said that i didnt had the game on that account, i know for sure that i did the migration because i...
  6. My migrated Minecraft/Mojang/Java accounts are having issues after returning to the game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My migrated Minecraft/Mojang/Java accounts are having issues after returning to the game.: I have three Minecraft accounts. All three were made by me before the merge and I merged them when the time came. However, now that I've come back to the game I discovered that only one merged...
  7. Minecraft account migrated successfully, but launcher still asks to buy the game

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft account migrated successfully, but launcher still asks to buy the game: Hello I migrated my minecraft account on february 12 of 2022, I received a mail telling me the migration was a success. But when I started the launcher, I am asked to buy the game ? I own it...
  8. If I own Minecraft through Xbox game pass do I need to do anything to migrate my account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    If I own Minecraft through Xbox game pass do I need to do anything to migrate my account?: I currently own Minecraft through Xbox game pass do I need to do anything to migrate my account and is there a way to check if I have migrated? 4621af9f-f1b5-49c0-88fc-b877937ecbeb
  9. Minecraft Account after migration isn't working and it says i have to buy the game even...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Account after migration isn't working and it says i have to buy the game even...: Hello, I migrated my mojang account to microsoft, but now when i want to play minecraft it says that I have to buy the game even though I have already bought it for a long time. I tried to...
  10. Cannot Access Minecraft game after Migration

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot Access Minecraft game after Migration: I created a new Microsoft account using the same email my Mojang account was connected to. I see both accounts in the Java launcher with the Mojang account grayed out. When I select Minecraft Java...